PDA

View Full Version : Mum and Dad.

cuddlepop
01-Dec-08, 16:16
I just thought i'd ask my fellow orgers on the Pet Forum what they refere themselves as to their pets.

We say "mum" or "dad" when asking the dogs something.Drives my daughter mad as there is no way we're there natural mum and dad.:lol:

Darent post this on the "normal" notice board.Anyway we're allowed our wee quirks and voibles on here.;)

So fes up.

kriklah
01-Dec-08, 16:54
yep, im mummy to 2 of my cats and therefore granny to 3 others. oneday i may even be great granny as one of my "grandchildren" who moved to a neighbour will be allowed to date and have boyfriends oneday when shes a bit older. however to ensure she doesnt keep it in the family, my youngest grandkitty, 3 month old Mr Jingles will be getting his baubles removed after the xmas season!!!

funny to call myself granny, my own oldest people child is only 12!!!!

carasmam
01-Dec-08, 17:35
Yep Mum and Dad here too !! When I found out I was pregnant and we went to tell my parents I said 'Mum, your going to be a Granny again' and she replied 'Your not getting another dog are you' :lol:

Liz
01-Dec-08, 19:13
I am Mam to all my pets as they are my bairns!:lol:

Carasmam your Mum's response was so funny!lol

cuddlepop
01-Dec-08, 21:06
Oh I'm so glad this is all so "normal" for you all.:D

When I told my daughter we were getting a wee brother for our Delious she flipped."its a dog mum,get real..."

Mum and dad rule in doggy land.;)

Angela
01-Dec-08, 21:34
I called myself 'granny' when I was speaking to my cat the other day.....then I went on to say 'now we'll just do the washing up' :roll:

Very unlikely that she was going to raise a paw to help :lol: so I guess that was just me using the Royal 'we' ... ;)

cuddlepop
01-Dec-08, 21:55
I called myself 'granny' when I was speaking to my cat the other day.....then I went on to say 'now we'll just do the washing up' :roll:

Very unlikely that she was going to raise a paw to help :lol: so I guess that was just me using the Royal 'we' ...

Welcome to the pet forum Angela...knew we'd get you in the end.;)

Angela
01-Dec-08, 22:01
Welcome to the pet forum Angela...knew we'd get you in the end.;)

Thank you, cuddlepop -yes, I was just giving my wee tabby a few weeks with me to make sure she'd settled in...just in case..... :confused

She was very nervous to begin with after some bad experiences with her previous owners, but she's fine now with 'granny' lol. :D

brandy
01-Dec-08, 22:28
def mum here! don keeps asking when im going to cut the umbillical cord!

Liz
01-Dec-08, 23:24
Thank you, cuddlepop -yes, I was just giving my wee tabby a few weeks with me to make sure she'd settled in...just in case..... :confused

She was very nervous to begin with after some bad experiences with her previous owners, but she's fine now with 'granny' lol. :D

Delighted that Tigger has settled in so well. I see she is sharing the bed!:lol:

Kevin Milkins
01-Dec-08, 23:29
Yep , it's mam and dad here too.:Razz

dousslesh
01-Dec-08, 23:29
I'm Ma and OH is Da to our two dogs . We also have conversations with them and answer on their behalf !!! :D
When I was younger (much younger and still living at home !) an entire language was devised by my family (well the kids anyway ) when conversing with our pets and each other; hence my name became Dousslesh, my sister became Cathgelt (or slugggy /slug) For some reason my other Sister and our Brother didn't seem to have different names.
Didn't stop with our family and pets , the dogs next door were also included in our bizarre world (Seemed normal at the time !) They were renamed Tin Ribs and Butch can't remember what we called next doors cat... !!!! Those were the days !

Boss
01-Dec-08, 23:33
I just thought i'd ask my fellow orgers on the Pet Forum what they refere themselves as to their pets.

We say "mum" or "dad" when asking the dogs something.Drives my daughter mad as there is no way we're there natural mum and dad.:lol:

Darent post this on the "normal" notice board.Anyway we're allowed our wee quirks and voibles on here.;)

So fes up.

We (two) too, Mum and Dad, of course we have canine versions, such as old poppa (our oldest dog now 14) Aunty Amber (also 14), uncle snowball (aged 8) uncle Jed (also 8 and a rescue) Momma (the momma of our youngest who is 2),:)