PDA

View Full Version : 1st december

kitty kat
01-Dec-08, 10:31
yay it has finally come after waiting this long the advent calenders have come out of hiding and a happy parade of children ran to school today having been aloud chocolate along with breakfast

the count down has began

how far along the shopping road are you ?

please list any bargains you find and shops with good discounts, it is a credit crunch after all:D

riggerboy
01-Dec-08, 10:38
my shoppings all done, and with no hic cups at all, everything bought and paid for over the internet, wonderfull no old women trying to take my eye out will the brollies this year,

Venture
01-Dec-08, 10:51
Yes, December has arrived. It will be a bit of a manic month for most. Christmas parties, concerts, school shows, buying presents and stocking the cupboards.

Great time of year for families especially kids but we musn't forget all those who will be spending Christmas alone. For them, it is a really hard time of year. If you know someone who will be on their own why not share your day with them, it can make a world of difference.

I think its about time everyone had a Christmas avatar on here as well.(Ricco I noticed you are still in Halloween mode.) It would be interesting to see just how many different ones there are. So get searching and posting.:)

http://www.fullfreestuff.com/free-graphics/downloads/holidays-celebrations-and-memorials/Christmas/Christmas-santa-claus/animated%20wink%20santaclaus.gif

kitty kat
01-Dec-08, 10:52
my shoppings all done, and with no hic cups at all, everything bought and paid for over the internet, wonderfull no old women trying to take my eye out will the brollies this year,

any sites you would recomend to us shoppers i never no which sites to use if you could recomend any that would be very helpful i like to use the studio site there quick and there personalisations are unique and great for kids

Valerie Campbell
01-Dec-08, 11:38
Can't believe it's that time of year already. I must be getting old as the year seems to have disappeared! All my shopping is done apart from stocking fillers. I'm not so organised that things are wrapped, although I have dispatched all the pressies for nephews and nieces, but it's all there waiting for me. I've also got my Christmas dinner in the freezer and the cupboard stacked with chocolate. Can't wait!! My friend has been telling me she'll be having a barbie on the beach at the Sunshine Coast in Oz. Don't think it'll be warm enough here for that here though...As long as it's not dreich!!! Snow would be great and frost is acceptable.

riggerboy
01-Dec-08, 11:56
any sites you would recomend to us shoppers i never no which sites to use if you could recomend any that would be very helpful i like to use the studio site there quick and there personalisations are unique and great for kids

try the usual ones, woolies, argos, ect ect most large stores hav eweb site just start fishing, think of some one then a prezzie for them and fish,

1 good site i founf was
iwantoneofthose.com good for almost everything

but remember to pay with paypal where possible

Dorrie
01-Dec-08, 12:14
I am not ready! :eek: I am planning Inverness on Wednesday for the last of my presents though. I hope I manage to get them!

Gizmo
01-Dec-08, 12:24
yay it has finally come after waiting this long the advent calenders have come out of hiding and a happy parade of children ran to school today having been aloud chocolate along with breakfast

I bought a Wick advent calender, but all the windows were boarded up and some had nicked the sweets :D

kitty kat
01-Dec-08, 12:32
I bought a Wick advent calender, but all the windows were boarded up and some had nicked the sweets :D

pmsl i want one[lol]

NLP
01-Dec-08, 12:35
I,ve nearly finished my shopping, I keep saying that's it no more for daughter then I see something I think she will like and of couse I get it. OH is having his mum in on christmas day,

Kodiak
01-Dec-08, 13:41
Rabbits, Rabbits, Rabbits !!

There that is me safe for another year :D

Best bargain I have had so far is a LG 19" TFT Monitor £89.00 from Tesco in Wick.

And the HOTTEST Bargain was an Electric Blanket from Tesco as well, for Only £18.00. mmmmm Lovely and cosy winter for us mow :D

http://i35.tinypic.com/wlsp79.jpg

Liz
01-Dec-08, 14:43

Good one!lol

silverfox57
01-Dec-08, 20:04
must have come from abroad,as wickers would never nick sweets.
are all hard working honest people,in wick,;)

mums angels
01-Dec-08, 20:23
Can't believe its December already the year has gone so fast, but I forgot the advent calanders this morning ...OOPpppps .

I have managed to get everything on deals this year , woolworths 3 for 2's , Argos has had cracking price drops , play.com for all the games and consoles, amazon for bits and pieces,toys r us and of course tesco for daughters plasma and stocking fillers just glad my shopping is over before the shops get too busy as getting through the crowds with a pram is no fun for me or the other shoppers :lol:

sweetpea
01-Dec-08, 21:34
I've just started my shopping. I always check this site among others for discounts
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/

Ash
01-Dec-08, 21:51
we have our tree up, put it up this afternoon to cheer up my 4 year old as she isnt well

im feeling soo xmassy, hopefully get our window painted this week
off to ness on saturday for rest of shopping done most of it

honey
01-Dec-08, 21:55
we have our tree up, put it up this afternoon to cheer up my 4 year old as she isnt well

i bought a new tree yesterday. Its a pre-lit one so i put it up last night to test it, then dismantled it again, but i could bring myself to box it up again, so i ahve a tree in 2 pieces hidding behind my couch! [lol]

ill need to get the rest of the decorations out of the loft (by sending hubby up) so i can do it tomorrow night after work..

hope the little one is better soon...

purplelady
02-Dec-08, 00:26
I am not ready! :eek: I am planning Inverness on Wednesday for the last of my presents though. I hope I manage to get them!Me am gouing to inverness weds to finish am not really feeling like xmas this year to be honest my first on my own i split with my husband this year so will be a bit odd

wndyndy
02-Dec-08, 03:02
time has gone so quick!! ill down to inverness this weekend to do my xmas shopping. hope get some gud bargains!:D