PDA

View Full Version : ned-v-mosher/thurso-v-wick

that_guy
27-Jan-06, 16:17
what has everyone heard of this "war"(over the top i think) between the neds and moshers theres been a load of rumors going about ive heard stuff about the moshers using crowbars but i know for a fact thats not true last week they were smashing windows at a house right next door to the police station so close you could you could ring the door bell with a short stick it took them about half an hour to get there.

Saveman
27-Jan-06, 16:56
What is a "ned"? What is a "mosher"?

Are they like Teddys? or Rockers?

I remember being asked in Primary 2 or 3 if I was a Teddy or a Rocker........I said rocker because I thought teddy sounded a bit girly...

that_guy
27-Jan-06, 17:15
thats baisclly itthe neds would be the teddy boys and the moshers the rockers think thats the way it would go. the neds are the guys that wear tracksuits,wear burberry and hang about the bit between the bank and the jewlerry shop and the moshers are a collection of lots of different groups who generally wear baggy jeans and such like if you can tell what a chav is you can tell what the other group is

example of chavs
http://www.chavscum.co.uk/4images/details.php?image_id=1976&sessionid=afa5735ac622c97b5971ff84fabc1af1
http://www.chavscum.co.uk/4images/details.php?image_id=1954&sessionid=afa5735ac622c97b5971ff84fabc1af1

as i understand it the chavs are the aggressor in this which makes sense to me

unicorn
27-Jan-06, 17:40
is this in Thurso or Wick??????

knightofeth
27-Jan-06, 17:41
Apparently the battles are in Thurso involving "neds" coming through from Wick at the weekend.

unicorn
27-Jan-06, 17:42
I really must get out more I had never heard of this at all?????

knightofeth
27-Jan-06, 17:43
Well thats just what my stupid "mosher" brother tells me!

motopitcrew
27-Jan-06, 18:20
moshers are the ones usualy out of there skuls on drugs
and knocking people over in the street with skatebords

that_guy
27-Jan-06, 18:29
no they are not im classed as a "mosher" by the chavs and i dont go about with skulls on me or with a spliff hanging out of my mouth sure theres some people in the group that do drugs theres people in every group and when have you ever been hit by someone on a skateboard more chance of you getting hit by a car that the older neds are cruising about in and if we are going on Stereotypes the neds go about smoking, constantly shouting abuse at people for no reason(which they do) and downing eccies ,stella and buckfast

connieb19
27-Jan-06, 18:29
I really must get out more I had never heard of this at all?????Me neither, Where have I been all this time..lol[para]

unicorn
27-Jan-06, 18:36
There was me thinking Caithness was so peaceful and relaxing lol

teddybear1873
27-Jan-06, 18:39
How old are these bunch o numptie's, does those gothic Avril Lavigne wannabee's still hing aboot at e Thurso toon hall and putting green, last time i was in Thurso there must have been aboot 20-30 of them

that_guy
27-Jan-06, 18:47
the "moshers range from about 15-19 and they arent avril lavainge wannabes she came around after the whole skate scene started up again you idiot but they dont really hang around the precinct so much the neds who all seem like Michael Carroll wannabes go about there to much and are to damnd annoying to bother with

connieb19
27-Jan-06, 18:53
the "moshers range from about 15-19 and they arent avril lavainge wannabes she came around after the whole skate scene started up again you idiot but they dont really hang around the precinct so much the neds who all seem like Michael Carroll wannabes go about there to much and are to damnd annoying to bother with19??[disgust] You'd think they'd be in the pubs by now instead of hanging about terrorising folk.. :mad:

that_guy
27-Jan-06, 19:00
the "moshers" arent the ones terrorising people we are the ones who the neds (whos ages range from 15ish to 20something) are trying to start fights with whenevery they have a chance and have odds of over 3 to 1,they come round to a house that has about 8 people in it when theres going on 30 of them then when we dont go outside to get beaten up they decide to put the windows through when we would rather be watching films or something

that_guy
27-Jan-06, 19:02
and the pubs thing is part of the problem when they came around they seemed completely pissed either that or they are just complete phsycos all the time

Cocoa
27-Jan-06, 19:04
no way!! newz 2 me!! an' i'm in thursa a lot too!

connieb19
27-Jan-06, 19:05
and the pubs thing is part of the problem when they came around they seemed completely pissed either that or they are just complete phsycos all the timeSorry, that guy.. i didn't realise. i hope something gets done about it. You shouldn't have to put up with this!!!:cry:

teddybear1873
27-Jan-06, 19:19
it will phase oot with a bit of luck

connieb19
27-Jan-06, 19:22
I'm still trying to work out... What has this got to do with Wick??:confused:

teddybear1873
27-Jan-06, 19:22
the "moshers range from about 15-19 and they arent avril lavainge wannabes she came around after the whole skate scene started up again you idiot but they dont really hang around the precinct so much the neds who all seem like Michael Carroll wannabes go about there to much and are to damnd annoying to bother with
who u calling an idiot ya numpty..get to your bed and suck on a dummie, its past your bedtime

knightofeth
27-Jan-06, 19:25
I'm still trying to work out... What has this got to do with Wick??:confused:

Apparently the neds all come through from Wick to participate in this "war"

that_guy
27-Jan-06, 19:31
i think it because wick is mainly full of neds so they dont have anyone to have a fight with and the police probably keep to close an eye on them through there so they come through here start fights, break things and such like then be on the bus home before the police can catch up with them and take there names.

Shadow
27-Jan-06, 19:37
who u calling an idiot ya numpty..get to your bed and suck on a dummie, its past your bedtime

Ok, he's 18! And how precisely is he acting like a little kid???

that_guy
27-Jan-06, 19:38
stop using being young as if something thats Demeaning, person who is probably an old haggerd git. you could come up with something more orgiinal than "go suck on a dummy". and i was calling you an idiot because you are in Relation to what you were talking about.

knightofeth
27-Jan-06, 19:48
stop using being young as if something thats Demeaning, person who is probably an old haggerd git. you could come up with something more orgiinal than go suck on a dummy. and i was calling you an idiot because you are in Relation to what you were talking about.

He is not. He is just stating the fact that people who can't be bothered to type properly, punctuate and spell words properly coupled with resorting to name calling have a low mental age.

that_guy
27-Jan-06, 20:02
He is not. He is just stating the fact that people who can't be bothered to type properly, punctuate and spell words properly coupled with resorting to name calling has a low mental age.

how is he trying to make that point when hes not typing properly himself and calling people names dosent mean you have a low mental age unless you use name calling in place of a proper argument also he was name calling as well so i doubt he was trying to make that point unless he is as i said an idiot.
im not doing the he started it thing.

Phoebus_Apollo
27-Jan-06, 20:10
Make Love not war;)

motopitcrew
27-Jan-06, 21:44
I myself am compleatly impartial to this argument as i am neither ned or mosher but oviously that guy is a mosher

and what i can read in this post with his atitude and the way that he started this post is that infact he is just trying to incite a riot

golach
27-Jan-06, 21:46
I myself am compleatly impartial to this argument as i am neither ned or mosher but oviously that guy is a mosher

and what i can read in this post with his atitude and the way that he started this post is that infact he is just trying to incite a riot

I totally agree motopitcrew

JAWS
27-Jan-06, 22:12
Make Love not war;)
You should be careful with comments like that or somebody will accuse you of encouraging teenage pregnancies! :lol:

Back to the thread. Most of this thread seems to be in a language totally unknown to the sane and sensible.
Can this language be learned at College or can a translation only be obtained by extracting it from local youths by the use of extreme forms of torture?

Perhaps somebody could translate so that the use of such violent extremes can be avoided, I do find them so distasteful! :confused:

that_guy
28-Jan-06, 00:48

i am classed as a "mosher" by the neds as i said before.it dosent seem like you are impartial from what you said before you seem not to like "moshers" and havent said anything bad about the neds.how does it sound like i am trying to start a riot? why would i want more of my friends beaten up in 4on1 fights? why would i want my friends house to get even more windows put through? i started this thread to see what rumors were going around about it because ive heard a load of crap about it from school and also so that older people would know about it and maybe get pissed of if something happend which i thought might get the police more involved because your thoughts matter more than ours. how would you feel it it was you and your friends/family getting abuse and actual physical things hurled at them? you get pissed off when theres a group of teenagers talking to loudly in a bloody park.

connieb19
28-Jan-06, 00:50
Calm down and take deep breaths that guy!!!!!

JAWS
28-Jan-06, 00:59
I'll try again, what's a 'mosher' please. I have an idea of what a ned is supposed to be but I must admit I may not recognise one.
I hate not being able to abuse somebody because I don't know what their label is and which bits of abuse I can hurl around.
I do like to try and keep up with the latest trends, I hate to be left out!

that_guy
28-Jan-06, 01:18
I'll try again, what's a 'mosher' please. I have an idea of what a ned is supposed to be but I must admit I may not recognise one.
I hate not being able to abuse somebody because I don't know what their label is and which bits of abuse I can hurl around.
I do like to try and keep up with the latest trends, I hate to be left out!
moshers are what neds call pretty much any teenagers who isnt a ned or a "trend". if you were to take mosher for its real meaning it would be someone who likes to go to concerts by really loud bands and jump around in a "mosh pit" with like minded people. the way it is meant in this forum and by the chavs it is a collection of groups some of which are goths, skaters, indies, emos, punk and actual moshers.
goth description
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goth
emo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28slang%29
skater
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skater#Skaters_and_Social_Groups
punk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punk_fashion#Modern
mosher
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosher
these may help i dont know if they are any good

JAWS
28-Jan-06, 02:59
Thanks, that guy. I'll take a look at the sites and improve my education.

Saveman
28-Jan-06, 08:37
I've an idea. Arrange to get all the neds and moshers into Bignold Park for the "war."
Using tranquilizing darts, render them unconscious. Build a 12ft high fence around them until they’re all 30 years old, and then let them out.

motopitcrew
28-Jan-06, 10:31
like i said earlier THAT GUY is just trying to pick a fight with anyone with a opinion different to his with the way that he answers everyone

i ask you is this the action of a victom or a agressor

i know my answer

and may i add that it takes two to fight and i have not seen any so called neds on here arguing back

and fair enough i havent mentioned the neds as i have not had any reason to
but like i said before you are taking your life in your hands if you go on the down the streets at night with skatebording so called moshers and i had a fractured ankle as a result of them

and that is all i have to say on the matter

cullbucket
28-Jan-06, 10:48
This thread is not the first time I have seen some posts that are reminding me of Vicki Pollard - Yeah but, No But, It wasnt me, it was that shelley, what done it behind the bike sheds....

lovely stream of consciousness ness

I think we used to call the last generation of the moshers the "drongos" and I never knew Caithness had Chavs - Cool!
Does Mackays stock burberry now?

Also, I'd never heard of an Emo before very strange.... - I must be getting old......