PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled under 15 Disco

the k
27-Jan-06, 15:33
Tonight Disco in the Wick Dounreay Club is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances

spiggie
27-Jan-06, 15:38
what disco?

Karaoke Queen
27-Jan-06, 17:17
Unforseen??? Isn't it that the bowlers that already have the hall for two days, need it to set up tonight? Why weren't they told that the hall was already booked for tonight???

That is a damn disgrace! The kids in this town are obviously so unimportant to some people, that they think its alright to cancel this teenage disco so late in the day!

I guess they get more money out of the bowlers!

What a disgusting small town attitude!

scrapydoo
27-Jan-06, 17:40
well said karaoke queen

unicorn
27-Jan-06, 17:41
Very well said!! kids are obviously not as important as grown ups!!!!!!!

girnigoe
27-Jan-06, 23:36
Unforseen??? Isn't it that the bowlers that already have the hall for two days, need it to set up tonight? Why weren't they told that the hall was already booked for tonight???

That is a damn disgrace! The kids in this town are obviously so unimportant to some people, that they think its alright to cancel this teenage disco so late in the day!

I totally agree!!! Not only that I saw a lot of kids having to walk home or arrange transport as they didnt know and arrived there only to be told to go away!!!

angela5
27-Jan-06, 23:39

Well said.. My son and his freinds went around tonight to find a sign on the door that it was cancelled. They were very disappointed and said they won't be going back there again.. Come on waterfront more disco's for the teenagers.

rainbow
28-Jan-06, 15:13
From what I understand there has been a communication breakdown within the clubs booking system, and they need to get their act together to prevent disappointment at such a late stage by cancelling a disco.
Apparently the school was told and a message was circulated - my daughter heard from teachers, but if the teachers can't be bothered letting their classes know then once again another example of a comunication failure.

krieve
28-Jan-06, 15:33
Quote]angela5]Come on waterfront more disco's for the teenagers] ye keep them off the streets on a firday night nothing like a boogie on the dance floor ah angela lol

DW
28-Jan-06, 19:21
From what I understand there has been a communication breakdown within the clubs booking system, and they need to get their act together to prevent disappointment at such a late stage by cancelling a disco.
Apparently the school was told and a message was circulated - my daughter heard from teachers, but if the teachers can't be bothered letting their classes know then once again another example of a comunication failure.

Please don't start blaming the school again, just have a wee thought about the organisation that is required to get the word round every pupil who may or may not want to go to a disco; all the different classes, all the different rooms; everything changing every 40 minutes etc.

The blame clearly lies elsewhere, maybe the parents should get together and organise something for the teenagers themselves :Razz

brandy
28-Jan-06, 19:40
is the discos a school dance?
a bit lost on this as we had dances at the school..
but if it is a school thing then it would be up to the school to announce it..
most likley over teh PA system so everyone in the school could hear it..
it is a shame though that kids were left .. well out in the cold!
def agree there should have been more organisation!

angela5
28-Jan-06, 19:47
maybe the parents should get together and organise something for the teenagers themselves :Razz

Aye right, your house next friday night then sweaty betty:lol:

rainbow
29-Jan-06, 10:39
Sweaty Betty - I am not just blaming the school - there appears to have been a total breakdown of communication all round. Yes I sympathise with the kids turning up, but steps were taken to try to relay the message around, so at least an effort was made and the majority knew it was cancelled. Things do happen and it was unfortunate for the kids not having something to do, but as a.smith says YOU ORGANISE A DISCO. I am fed up of people moaning about things and being too hasty to criticise, but they are not willing to do something themselves, it is always left to the same individuals. So sweaty betty when will the disco be??? and where???

DW
29-Jan-06, 20:22
Sweaty Betty - I am not just blaming the school - there appears to have been a total breakdown of communication all round. Yes I sympathise with the kids turning up, but steps were taken to try to relay the message around, so at least an effort was made and the majority knew it was cancelled. Things do happen and it was unfortunate for the kids not having something to do, but as a.smith says YOU ORGANISE A DISCO. I am fed up of people moaning about things and being too hasty to criticise, but they are not willing to do something themselves, it is always left to the same individuals. So sweaty betty when will the disco be??? and where???
You were criticising the school, " if the teachers can't be bothered"; if that's not criticism then.............

And as for Brandy and the school PA system - ????? Not in WHS there isn't, certainly not in my day.[smirk]

SweatBetty and friends have organised more that their fair share of kids discos. Back in the late seventies / early eighties Sweaty did discos most weekends; I remember some brilliant nights at Staxigoe Hall when John Robertson did his AC/DC impersonation.

So please don't think that Sweaty don't know about discos. :lol:

My point is simple - if you want something done properly - do it yourself.