PDA

View Full Version : Completely lacquered!

plasticjock
30-Nov-08, 03:08
It’s a lovely warm sunny afternoon…Grandad is sitting in his lawn chair in the back garden drowsily watching his ten-year old grandson, Billy, muck about in the flowerbeds with a small spade.
After a while the Billy wakes him up and says, “Grandad, give me a fiver!”
Grandad splutters, “What! When I was your age we had to earn our money running errands or doing chores. We didn’t get it just handed to us, you cheeky wee so-and-so!”
Billy says, “OK, Grandad, give me a chore to do”
Damn, he thought, he’s called my bluff, I’ll have to work a flanker here!
“Okey-doke lad”, he says, pointing at an earthworm coming out of a hole in the recently turned soil “If you can push that worm back down that hole without damaging it…I’ll give you a fiver!”
Billy thinks for a few minutes while his Grandad chuckles to himself, then goes in the house and returns with a can of hair lacquer. Picking up the worm he gives it several coats with the hairspray and after a few seconds it dries quite stiff and he’s able to push it down the hole dead easy.
“How’s that Grandad?”, he asks.
Grumbling and out-manoeuvred, the Grandad gives him a fiver and the lad is off to the shops like a rocket.

Coming back an hour later, his Grandad calls him over and hands him another fiver.
“But Grandad, you've already paid me”, exclaims the honest lad.
“I know I did Billy…but this one’s from your Gran...”