Ukraine
SCOTLAND
Lithuania
Georgia
Faroe Islands

Oh well maybe the 2010 World Cup may be better to look forward till

weeboyagee
27-Jan-06, 14:15
Yahoo ................. a trip to Lithuania (again) - this time for pleasure! (Ahem,....not that kind of pleasure!.....)

WBG :cool:

scorrie
27-Jan-06, 15:06
Euro 2008 Qualifying Draw:

Group B
France
Italy
Ukraine
SCOTLAND
Lithuania
Georgia
Faroe Islands

Oh well maybe the 2010 World Cup may be better to look forward till

Look at England's group

ENGLAND
Croatia
Russia
Israel
Estonia
Macedonia
Andorra

Diddy City as usual!!

Loafer
27-Jan-06, 21:28
Well it couldna have been any harder if we had picked it out ourselves!!

How the hell can we qualify from that group??

Answers on a postcard!

The Loafer

wickerinca
27-Jan-06, 21:36
Is there a chance that we won't be last in our group?

landmarker
27-Jan-06, 21:37
Bring back Denis Law, Archie Gemmel, Dalgleish, Souness & Co.
Where have all the great Scottish footballers gone. With a population of five million it's a miracle you have produced so many. I expect the hunger, the social mix and the passion has evolved over the decades to produce the current crop of internationals.

Dont write yourselves off yet though . Stranger things have happened. The more you fail to qualify the harder it seems to get due to the system. It only needs one great result to turn the tide of confidence. Most of England will be hoping Scotland qualifies.

(England were lucky in the draw today. I doubt they/we will win the World Cup though. The hype is starting again but as soon as we meet anyone of note technical defficiencies will show us up again. I hope I'm wrong but I really dont want to hear 'arise Sir Sven' & 'Sir David' please no. no! )

Rheghead
27-Jan-06, 22:00

If Greece can win it then Scotland can an'all. Scotland drew against Italy last time and France don't look too clever either. The rest are no problem if taken down one by one. If the team have the belief to win then they are on the best foot fwd to do it. Anyway, look fwd to a good game, they look like great games to go and see or sit at home with a tinny.:Razz

A team's arrogant belief is worth more than all the Alf Ramsays in China!LOL

unicorn
27-Jan-06, 22:02
miracles could happen :)

Dons_Lad
27-Jan-06, 22:05
England's group ain't that easy though either. Russia & Croatia are tough countries to play against away from home.

Scotland's group however is extremely hard. Still, our boys will give 150% and am certain we'll cause an upset vs Italy or France. We've just got to believe we can do it, Walter's installed tons of confidence in the squad, so these are the games where he earns his money.

Would be good to go to Rome or Paris though and cheer on the boys!

2little2late
27-Jan-06, 22:45
Well it couldna have been any harder if we had picked it out ourselves!!

Answers on a postcard!

The Loafer

So pessimistic aren't you? The competition hasn't even started yet and you don't even rate Scotland qualifying.

So little faith.

Blast!
30-Jan-06, 20:54
I think 3rd place is very achievable, this os how I see the group panning out:

Italy
France
Scotland
Ukraine
Georgia
Lithuania
Faroes

France are will be going through a transition period after the World Cup, the likes of Zidane, Thuram will retire after the World Cup so that certainly weakens them, granted, they will still be a formidible side, but not one at will trample all over a Scots team who I expect will be better equipted to play the big three in the group when the time comes.

Italy on the other hand could quite possibly storm through qualifying brushing asie all the other teams, what a squad the've got!

Ukraine, well you just never know with these folk, world class striker in the shape of Shevchenco and some other great players I can't remember off hand, I think we've got the beating of them though.

Georgia, they only other relatively tough team in the group, don;t let their 6th seeding fool you, they have one great player in the shape of AC Milan's Kaladze - fantastic defender, then they've got the likes of Kiizanishvili (crap) and Arveladze (playing well in Holland since leaving Rangers) so they may give us a fright.

The other two are diddy teams who we should walk all over. Believe me, there will be no repeat of the infamous 2-2 faroes disaster.

Sandra
30-Jan-06, 21:11
They've changed the rules for Euro 2008.

Only 16 teams will qualify for the final tournament – the seven winners and runners-up in the qualifying groups, and the host associations Austria and Switzerland.

There is no third place team going through, so lets hope Scotland come 1st or 2nd in their group, and qualify.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
30-Jan-06, 21:51
Its a difficult group but we'll probably do oor usual,absolutely thrash France,Italy and Ukraine and get bet by all the diddy teams.

weeboyagee
30-Jan-06, 23:48
....we'll probably do oor usual...

.......we will definitely do our usual! We will go in our hoards, have a ball, drink the countries dry, dress in tartan, make a fool of ourselves, sing silly football songs, dance in their fountains, give them a wonderful scottish spectacular and the world will love us all over again!

The tartan army - Scotland's best export! :lol:

scorrie
31-Jan-06, 00:47
If Greece can win it then Scotland can an'all. Scotland drew against Italy last time and France don't look too clever either. The rest are no problem if taken down one by one. If the team have the belief to win then they are on the best foot fwd to do it. Anyway, look fwd to a good game, they look like great games to go and see or sit at home with a tinny.:Razz

A team's arrogant belief is worth more than all the Alf Ramsays in China!LOL

If you are confident then you only need £2000 to make yourself a Millionaire!!

Scotland are 500/1 to win the tournament and 50/1 to win the group.

Fill your boots!!

ps I wonder if the other teams are "Fillin their boots" at the thought of playing Scotland

2little2late
21-Feb-06, 22:41
Ethiopia have appealed to UEFA and FIFA about how the draw was made. Apparently, they wanted Turkey and got drawn against Hungary.[lol] [lol].