PDA

View Full Version : Wick players

nellie
29-Nov-08, 17:29
:~(I was very disappointed this afternoon went to b ook seats for the players,the night in question only had a few rows left to pick from as all the other seats were booked,as it was the first chance the public had to book,how were those seats booked.The players policy a member was not allowed to book seats for friends.A few years ago I had someone in the players who offered to book two seats for me ---what a row there was---the poor souls life was not worth living as my friend and I had been spoted toward the front of the hall.The particlular member who made the noise was one of the ones taking to-days bookings,is it a case of if your face fits you will be o.k.My friend and myself were supporters of the players--I am one very disappointed member of the public

LMS
29-Nov-08, 18:59
That's a shame Nellie.

My mother-in-law always looks forward to the Players' latest production as well. I hope she gets a ticket as she is getting on now and doesn't get the chance to go out very often. A night to a play is the highlight of the old dear's year!

Highland lad
29-Nov-08, 19:02
Thurso was exactly the same. Very few seats left, although we did get some.
The reason there are not many seats left is they take bookings from the Schools, Brownies, Cubs etc.

Maybe they both need to put on more shows to give everyone the chance.
I prefer to support the local pantos.

Unfortunatley if other people can not get a seat they will probably go to Inverness, then the next time panto season comes they probably won't even try to get tickets for the local shows.

nellie
29-Nov-08, 19:21
That's a shame Nellie.

My mother-in-law always looks forward to the Players' latest production as well. I hope she gets a ticket as she is getting on now and doesn't get the chance to go out very often. A night to a play is the highlight of the old dear's year!

Thank-you Lms for your kind words--highland laddie I will be watching to see who sits in those seats

flyfifer
29-Nov-08, 21:16
I thought the tickets were not on sale till Mondat 1st December? So is there no point in us booking seats then??

nellie
30-Nov-08, 08:50
I thought the tickets were not on sale till Mondat 1st December? So is there no point in us booking seats then??

:lol:There might be plenty room on the other two nights--it was Monday night I wanted

dirdyweeker
30-Nov-08, 23:54
Mmmmm I was going tomorrow to book for Monday night too. With my mum being so small and deaf perhaps I have left it too late? Unfortunately it is the only night we can go. Aw well, let's see what tomorrow brings

rfr10
02-Dec-08, 17:13
With all the work the Wick Players put into preparing for the performance, surley they should be entitled to book seats in advance for friends and family. I'm not saying the rest of the public aren't important but as long as you are getting a seat, then that's all that should matter. The members of the Wick Players, I'm sure, would much appreciate their friends and family coming along to see them and the great output of their work. If I was performing in a play (in primary school for example when I was in primary school) I always liked to see family members and friends in seats close to the front so they could see me perform and then any members of the public who didn't have relations involved in the play would still get seats just maybe not front row seats and I think that's fair enough. Surley that's fair enough.

Highland lad
02-Dec-08, 20:19
They will have dress rehearsals, surely the relations and friends could go to one of these. This way they could also get some practice in front of an audience.

Fly
02-Dec-08, 23:56
That's hard lines Nellie but I quite agree with you, been there too. I also think they will need to cater for more than "friends and family" if they want to keep the public on side. "Friends and family" won't fill the hall every night. Puts you off going.

LMS
03-Dec-08, 10:27
With all the work the Wick Players put into preparing for the performance, surley they should be entitled to book seats in advance for friends and family. I'm not saying the rest of the public aren't important but as long as you are getting a seat, then that's all that should matter. The members of the Wick Players, I'm sure, would much appreciate their friends and family coming along to see them and the great output of their work. If I was performing in a play (in primary school for example when I was in primary school) I always liked to see family members and friends in seats close to the front so they could see me perform and then any members of the public who didn't have relations involved in the play would still get seats just maybe not front row seats and I think that's fair enough. Surley that's fair enough.

Yes RFR, Nellie quite agrees with you. However, the point that she was making was that when someone booked a seat for her a few years ago, all hell broke loose. She was informed that booking seats was not allowed. If it is allowed fine, if not also fine, but stick to one set of rules.

Fly
04-Dec-08, 00:30
Yes RFR, Nellie quite agrees with you. However, the point that she was making was that when someone booked a seat for her a few years ago, all hell broke loose. She was informed that booking seats was not allowed. If it is allowed fine, if not also fine, but stick to one set of rules.

Well said LMS

Torvaig
04-Dec-08, 11:11
It often pays to look at the official site of any group you are interested in; best place to find answers.

http://www.wickplayers.net/6.html

http://www.wickplayers.net/12.html