PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Professional

flowertot
27-Jan-06, 11:48
:~( Does anyone know how to remove a password from above system - when I turn my computer on it tells me that my password will expire in 8 days - when I go into Control Panel and into User Accounts to remove this it tells me that I don't have a password setup.

Can someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:~(

rfr10
27-Jan-06, 16:51
Try going to control panel, open administrative tools in classical view, open up computer management, double click on local users and groups from the list to the left, double click on users, right click on your user name and then click properties. Once the properties window has open, check the box which says "Password never expires." Finally, click on OK and then your password won't have an expiry date. You should then be able to change/ remove your password in user accounts

Hope this helps

flowertot
27-Jan-06, 19:10
Try going to control panel, open administrative tools in classical view, open up computer management, double click on local users and groups from the list to the left, double click on users, right click on your user name and then click properties. Once the properties window has open, check the box which says "Password never expires." Finally, click on OK and then your password won't have an expiry date. You should then be able to change/ remove your password in user accounts

Hope this helps

:grin: 1000 thank you's to you the above worked for me, cheers:grin:

rfr10
27-Jan-06, 20:43
No problem at all, glad to help.