PDA

View Full Version : anthony nolan register

binbob
28-Nov-08, 17:29
i was wondering if any of the orgers are on this register??i read today about a 6 year old boy from tranent ,who has a very rare and aggressive form of leukaemia.he desperately needs a bone marrow transplant...........
none of his family are a good enoughn match,unfortunately.
i think to be a donor..u must be 18/40 and in good health.
i sadly am too old and unhealthy.

leukaemia has toched me personally through friends and their children,as well as a boy in my primary school class........peter aged 12 ,died in 1965 ,only 2 weeks aftyer his diagnosis.he was dux of the school and died 3 days before we left that school.he was a great cheeky lad..i have never forgotten peter.
i am sure most of you know of someone who has been touched by this horrid disease...........so...PLEASE do consider registering. it could bve a great gift to someone this christmas.
thank you.

groater
28-Nov-08, 17:55
yes i am have been for about ten years:D

Tighsonas4
28-Nov-08, 18:15
i have a grand daughter who became a donor and was matched in a very short time she was flown to london and the donation was taken there
after a period of time she got word it was not rejected but you dont get any details
seems she might get another report in six months time but thats all your allowed to know
as far as she was concerned it was no problem to donate tony

binbob
28-Nov-08, 19:16
yes i am have been for about ten years:D

that is super..well done.

binbob
28-Nov-08, 19:17
i have a grand daughter who became a donor and was matched in a very short time she was flown to london and the donation was taken there
after a period of time she got word it was not rejected but you dont get any details
seems she might get another report in six months time but thats all your allowed to know
as far as she was concerned it was no problem to donate tony

again ..so wonderful.........good for her.a great thing to do for someone.

Fluff
28-Nov-08, 22:22
Yup and proud of it. I also try to give blood often (next session on monday)

binbob
29-Nov-08, 00:23
well done ..thanks for sharing...