PDA

View Full Version : Red Faces from Red Plants

brokencross
27-Nov-08, 14:02
The bobbies have been left with a bit of egg on their faces after this drugs raid. (or should that be egg and tomato)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/3529872/Police-mistake-widows-tomato-plants-for-cannabis-factory.html

muffin
27-Nov-08, 16:28
I think the message here is don't row with the neighbours, someone must have given the police the tip off.

brokencross
27-Nov-08, 16:33
I think the message here is don't row with the neighbours, someone must have given the police the tip off.

I thought much the same thing, apparently according to the chap on the radio there are only about 100 men, women and children in the wee village.

muffin
27-Nov-08, 16:39
I suppose the tip off was anonymous but I bet the folk who were raided are now suspicious of the whole village, don't the police know you have to have a lot of light to grow cannabis, I don't think there is enough on a windowsill, mind I'm definitely not an expert, never taken drugs but wonder sometimes where my youth went and how I missed them.

Torvaig
27-Nov-08, 17:00
Maybe someone did it with the best of intentions but it must have been a terrible experience for the poor lady! The police have to act on information received but I do hope the occupants get an apology and an explanation.

If it was done in malice then I hope the informants are made to pay for the stress.....

Tighsonas4
27-Nov-08, 20:34
hardly the place where you would expect to find cannibas growing in a window
could well be a case of dont upset the neighbours tony

Bazeye
27-Nov-08, 21:08
Im just wondering if the Police would have been that efficient if shed have woken up one morning and discovered her house had been broken into and reported it to them or am I getting cynical in my old age.

(Why would they need sniffer dogs if the plants were on view?)