PDA

View Full Version : Homebase 10% off day

fcalder577
27-Nov-08, 00:10
Does anybody know when 10% day is on at homebase wick,is it tomorrow?

Kodiak
27-Nov-08, 00:27
Does anybody know when 10% day is on at homebase wick,is it tomorrow?

Homebase 10% Day is on Friday 28th and Saturday 29th November. :D

fcalder577
27-Nov-08, 00:29
thank you,kodiak

Gizmo
27-Nov-08, 00:45
Homebase is about 20% more expencive than similar retailers so the 10% saving still means you're getting fleeced ;)

riggerboy
27-Nov-08, 09:34
Homebase is about 20% more expencive than similar retailers so the 10% saving still means you're getting fleeced ;)

are you sure its only 20% more expensive ???? i would have thought a good bit more than that on most of the stuff

Gizmo
27-Nov-08, 10:35
are you sure its only 20% more expensive ???? i would have thought a good bit more than that on most of the stuff

Yeah, i was being generous with the figure :p

telfordstar
27-Nov-08, 11:45

Id agree with that as well :D

sjr014
27-Nov-08, 14:01
Yeah id have til agree with ya! Was looking at tiles for my kitchen and they had nice little mosaic ones just for an odd random 1 mixed in! And it was £26.99 for 2 tiles!!!!! Don't think so!

Kodiak
27-Nov-08, 15:49
Well I do not agree with this sentiment of "Homebase being 20% more expensive" and I have never been Fleeced there.

As for Tiles, I had my Bathroom tiled and I bought the Tiles from Homebase and they cost me a £3.66 for a Box of 50 6" X 6" tiles, I bought 200 Tiles for only £14.64. That to me is a Real Bargain.

I have bought quite a few things from Homebase and I have always found the staff friendly and helpful. Also, if you ask them, they will advise you if there is a special offer on.

Homebase is just like any other large retail outlet, if you go in and buy the first thing you see you will more than likely pay over the odds. But if you go in and look around and compare prices as well as seeking advise you can usually get what you need at a good price. I have even been offered a cash discount when I said the price was too high.

So I will be in there tomorrow afternoon as I require a couple of things and I for one welcome these 10% off Days.

scrabster view
27-Nov-08, 15:56
Dont Homebase, like all other shops, increase their prices by 10% the day before the offer is supposed to start?

Kodiak
27-Nov-08, 16:08
No they do not, I have been in Homebase and I wanted to buy some paint. I was advised by an assistant that in two days it would be 10% off day and I should buy it then. So I left it and went back in 2 days and the same paint was 10% cheaper. They usuall have the same price on the item but when you go to the checkoiut the Till Computer takes off the 10%.

So No the 10% day is a Genuine reduction.

muffin
27-Nov-08, 16:22
We've bought lots in Homebase, especially 10% day but you have to be careful what you buy, do not buy sundries such as nails and screws because that seems to be where they make their money, but large items can be a bargain, we also have a 'spend and save' card which helps.