PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy Castle

Burnside
26-Nov-08, 13:44
Hi
I am thinking of starting up a bouncy castle hire company but just wanted to do a little market research to see if anyone would use this service in Caithness and Sutherland.

If you would, could you post a reply and also let me know if you would be interested in it for children and/or adult functions.

Any replies favourable or not are much appreciated.

changilass
26-Nov-08, 13:48
I like the idea, but as with everything else, it would depend on the cost, the safety and insurance.

Edit to say I would be interested for kids.

anneoctober
26-Nov-08, 13:56
as changielass says, yes I would use but would depend on costs etc.
Good luck:)

Burnside
26-Nov-08, 14:02
I would probably be thinking of hiring it out for £40 to £50 for a day.
Does this sound reasonable?

kitty kat
26-Nov-08, 14:51
sounds very good for a whole day i was thinking of having one for my daughters up and coming birthday party and i could not find a number for a local hire company anywhere but it would just be for an hour or so with all parties coming up i think it would be a good idea its something that is always wanted but you can never find one saying that if i had one you would never get me off there

riggerboy
26-Nov-08, 15:24
staxigoe hall do the bouncy castle and hall for a bit less i think, but then thats only any good on the east side of the county,

alistair harper
26-Nov-08, 15:25
Hi there i think there is someone already hireing bouncy castles in staxigo in wick i have seen an add on here before.

Alice in Blunderland
26-Nov-08, 15:33
The youth club in Wick also used to hire a bouncy castle.

I have hired it for my dads 68th birthday and also when my daughter turned 16 they had a great time.

If you go ahead with your idea, and I think its a good one can I be the first to book you for Weesparkles 18th birthday June the 6th next year as thats what she and her friends have asked for.:confused :eek: I now Im shocked too I thought they would have wanted to take mum out for a drink . :lol:

kitty kat
26-Nov-08, 16:55
there is only one in wick but that is no good for e rest o us

hotrod4
26-Nov-08, 19:13
I thought their was 1 in keiss as well?
Their is also 1 for sale here:http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=58896

Burnside
26-Nov-08, 22:37
Maybe I should look at an hourly rate!

Sounds like the Wick side is well covered but do you know if they will hire the Staxigoe one out if someone wants to have it in their back garden in the summer?

I am based on the Thurso side but not sure that Thurso is large enough on its own to make it a worthwhile investment.

kitty kat
27-Nov-08, 01:28
Maybe I should look at an hourly rate!

Sounds like the Wick side is well covered but do you know if they will hire the Staxigoe one out if someone wants to have it in their back garden in the summer?

I am based on the Thurso side but not sure that Thurso is large enough on its own to make it a worthwhile investment.

not as a full time job i dont think but as a side line it could be especially when it comes to the summer with the schools, fairs, fetes, car boot sales etc that they do they always seem to have a bouncy castle:)

Kevin Milkins
27-Nov-08, 01:55
We had one at my sons wedding about 8 years ago and was great fun.
I was chatting to the guy that does the hire and he said that he would be giving it up because of new public liability insurance.
I would check out that side of it first.
Good luck and hope it works for you.

mrsinkstack
27-Nov-08, 09:42
Mrs Macintosh in Glengolly hires them for £30 a day, been hiring from her for years

Burnside
27-Nov-08, 13:30
Thanks for all your replies so far. There do seem to be some out there although they do not seem to advertise the fact as I have heard of several people wondering where to hire them from.

I know the summer months would probably be more popular when you could have them in your back garden, but do you think you would use them in a community hall, hotel etc in the winter time?

kitty kat
27-Nov-08, 13:42
Thanks for all your replies so far. There do seem to be some out there although they do not seem to advertise the fact as I have heard of several people wondering where to hire them from.

I know the summer months would probably be more popular when you could have them in your back garden, but do you think you would use them in a community hall, hotel etc in the winter time?

or indoor car boot sales i no alot of after school clubs do this to raise funds and during the winter would have to be indoors. i no the central and maggies i think it is called in wick have one its always there maybe you could speak to another public venue about doing one for them if it attracts kids the parents will follow

jinglejangle
27-Nov-08, 17:26
Hi there

I think the bouncy castle idea would be a brilliant idea - especially if you delivered and collected [with that built into price] if people wanted you to do this.

We have used the bouncy castle from Glengolly and whilst the people are very nice we had to collect and return and organise a generator for using the castle.

We have used the castle yearly for committee organised family picnic days and our local school use a couple of times a year for school outings and fayres.

I think the thing that would sell your idea as I say is if you could offer a collection / delivery service and be able to set up and take down the castle and also have a generator available. Even if this costs more it gets rid of the hassle for the committees of having to hunt around for someone to collect and set up etc.

Hope this helps! :Razz

AfternoonDelight
27-Nov-08, 17:31
or indoor car boot sales i no alot of after school clubs do this to raise funds and during the winter would have to be indoors. i no the central and maggies i think it is called in wick have one its always there maybe you could speak to another public venue about doing one for them if it attracts kids the parents will follow

Morag's :D

Burnside
28-Nov-08, 13:51
Thanks again everyone for your replies.
I was planning to deliver, collect and set up the castles so thanks for that jingle jangle.
Toyed with the idea of a generator but thought perhaps most sites could be set up near an electrical supply. But jingle jangle I think you may have a point and I should look into generator prices.

Hi AfternoonDelight - Do you hire out your bouncy castle from Morag's? and if so do you get a lot of interest in it?

Kenneth
28-Nov-08, 13:53
great idea

we were looking for a bouncy castle for a mate's 21st. couldnt find anything though!

Jeid
28-Nov-08, 13:56
I know a couple of people who love Bouncy Castles... you'll need to put the kettle on though...

telfordstar
28-Nov-08, 14:35
Thanks again everyone for your replies.
I was planning to deliver, collect and set up the castles so thanks for that jingle jangle.
Toyed with the idea of a generator but thought perhaps most sites could be set up near an electrical supply. But jingle jangle I think you may have a point and I should look into generator prices.

Hi AfternoonDelight - Do you hire out your bouncy castle from Morag's? and if so do you get a lot of interest in it?

The bouncy castle stays in morags the kids use it while in for lunch or a snack