PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Fun Day???

floyed
25-Nov-08, 17:44
Hi was just wondering if anyone knows if this is happening next Saturday when they switch the lights on, the stalls, funfair rides and get your picture taking with Santa. Thank you:D

rfr10
25-Nov-08, 18:21
I believe this Friday (28th), the Thurso lights will be switched on and on Saturday (29th) the Wick Christmas lights will be switched on.

Haven't seen a programme yet which is unusual as it's usually been promoted by now.

Looks like a good selection of Christmas lights in Wick this year. :)

Venture
25-Nov-08, 18:59
I think its changed this year. I'm sure I read somewhere that the Christmas Lights Ctte. couldn't get enough helpers for the usual Fun Day so are opting for a 6.30 switch-on with some Christmas entertainment/stalls to raise funds instead. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

rfr10
25-Nov-08, 19:20
Yes, think you are right by the looks of it.

http://www.thurso.org/ gives some information but not a lot at the moment.

For Wick though, I'm not totally sure but on the What's on section- on Saturday 29th it says "Wick Fun Day- Pipe Band Parade"

"Wick RBLS Pipe Band will play a selection of popular tunes as part of Wick Fun Day"

So.. not sure..

floyed
25-Nov-08, 22:05
Yeh i did look at whats on but just had the pipe band normal in Wick they have the stalls and funfair rides and pictures with santa love going down to this every year. I never seen any advertisement for helpers?

CFM
26-Nov-08, 11:24
don't know about Wick but the lights in Thurso get switched on on Friday at 6.15pm and the fun day is on saturday 6th - the little train is coming up again, santa will be in residence and CFm will be there making noise and blowing bubbles!

AfternoonDelight
26-Nov-08, 15:15
Argyle Square Area Association are having a fun day on Saturday 6th December in the green. The pipe band will be playing and there will be stalls, santas grotto etc...

Thurso Town Improvements
26-Nov-08, 18:06
Thurso Christmas Lights info 28/11/08

Bob Johnston CFM is hosting the event for us and will start things off at 6.15pm. The Caithness and North Sutherland Children’s Choir will sing before the Lights goes on and the Pentland Brass Band will play after the switch on. The entertainment is weather permitting but the lights will go on at 6.30pm approx. We decided against having stalls this year. Santa will visit.

The lights are switched on before the Fun Day as some Traders requested this; this is because the lights give a Christmas atmosphere to the fun day.

The TTIA decided to go the last Friday in November for the Switch on.

CFM has given you the correct info about the Trader’s Fun Day.

Santa's Grotto is in the Town hall, in the room facing Wilson St.

Fun day times are: 10.30-13:30 14:00-17:00.

Doreen

Venture
26-Nov-08, 19:59
Just correcting my earlier post with info. from the Courier. Shops in Wick are doing their usual Christmas stint on Sat. 29th Nov. with raffles, bargains and special offers for shoppers. Pipe Band will be in town centre from 2.30 pm. School choirs will be in attendance from 5 pm singing traditional christmas songs and Marney Brims will narrate a Christmas story accompanied by Santa who will switch on the lights at 6 pm. There will be stalls by the Christmas Lights Ctte offering face painting, hot dogs, baking, raffles and toys.