PDA

View Full Version : Toy Appeal

CFM
25-Nov-08, 14:04
Caithness Fm are once again running their annual toy appeal for children in the Caithness area. We are still trying to confirm drop off points in Wick and THurso but new, unwrapped gifts would be most welcome at our Neil Gunn Drive studio or why not visit us at the Thurso fun day and donate there!

We would also like to point out that, our appeal is purely for children in the Caithness area, every donation is passed to the social work department who ensure it goes to the most needy.

We have seen from posters locally that MFR are also running an appeal this year in conjuction with co-op, please be aware that these are two totally separate causes.

We thank you for your continued support and will advise of other drop off points as soon as possible

anneoctober
26-Nov-08, 16:27
Caithness Fm are once again running their annual toy appeal for children in the Caithness area. We are still trying to confirm drop off points in Wick and THurso but new, unwrapped gifts would be most welcome at our Neil Gunn Drive studio or why not visit us at the Thurso fun day and donate there!

We would also like to point out that, our appeal is purely for children in the Caithness area, every donation is passed to the social work department who ensure it goes to the most needy.

We have seen from posters locally that MFR are also running an appeal this year in conjuction with co-op, please be aware that these are two totally separate causes.

We thank you for your continued support and will advise of other drop off points as soon as possible
Any update on drop off points? Also what age range are you targeting? Thanks Anne...........:)

CFM
27-Nov-08, 10:02
Sorry Anne no update yet, we have been trying to get a supermarket to agree to act as drop off points but cannot seem to get a reply from them as yet. donations will be gratefully received at the studio in Neil Gunn Drive any evening after 7 tho'

This year we would like to target older children, everyone remembers the little ones at this time of year but there are a lot of young teenagers out there who need our support - however anything is welcome!

girnigoe
02-Dec-08, 11:14
Any update yet? I have a couple of toys I would like to drop off............

Kodiak
02-Dec-08, 13:43
Any update yet? I have a couple of toys I would like to drop off............

You can always put them in the Basket that is in the Co-Op for the MFR Toy Appeal. I was told all toys collected in Caithness stay in Caithness.

girnigoe
02-Dec-08, 14:07
Thanks for the reply.

Im sure I heard on CFM that the toys for the MFR appeal will not be distributed in Caithness could be wrong though.

Is this in the Wick Co-op? I suppose I could just put it in there. Doesnt really matter where the child is it still needs a pressie at Christmas!!

Kodiak
02-Dec-08, 14:27
Thanks for the reply.

Im sure I heard on CFM that the toys for the MFR appeal will not be distributed in Caithness could be wrong though.

Is this in the Wick Co-op? I suppose I could just put it in there. Doesnt really matter where the child is it still needs a pressie at Christmas!!

I think it is both Co-op's, definately in the one Thurso one. I phoned up MFR and they advised me that all toys collected in Caithnrss would stay in Caithsess.

girnigoe
02-Dec-08, 14:35
Thanks very much for doing that Kodiak.! :)

I'll pop my parcels in later!

CFM
02-Dec-08, 17:10
the MFR appeal is seperate from ours which has been running now for ten years, however you are quite right - it does not matter as long as the children benefit. We have had confirmation that we can collect in the canteen at Dounreay, unfortunately the local supermarkets we spoke to are unable to help this year so we are a bit stuck, we will have our collection box at the THurso fun day this saturday so if you are in the town, please come along and see us. Thanks for your interest an support

Kodiak
02-Dec-08, 17:32
Looks like CFM are just badly organised this year. The collection points for their appeal should have been put in place at least 3 to 4 months before required. To leave it to the last minute seems to me bad organisation.

It is a good job MFR have their collection points in place so that toys can still be collected.

buffy
02-Dec-08, 17:36
MFR used to do it ages ago but then I think they forgot about us all up here and stopped doing it up here! Just as well CFM was doin it.
Now MFR are back looks like they hijacked all the good spots

Kodiak
02-Dec-08, 17:43
MFR used to do it ages ago but then I think they forgot about us all up here and stopped doing it up here! Just as well CFM was doin it.
Now MFR are back looks like they hijacked all the good spots

This just proves my Point. If CFM had been a bit more organised and arranged some months ago for collection points then MFR would not have any.

As it stands they did not and so they have lost out just by not thinking far enough ahead, as I said bad organisation.

buffy
02-Dec-08, 17:47
Either way its a good cause.
I'll be getting something down the street on Saturday at the fun day and prob leave it with CFM in the street as they'll be there by the sounds of it.

CFM
02-Dec-08, 22:00
Caithness FM is a voluntary organisation, MFR is not, we do not have paid employees to orgainise things for us, we were not informed that they would be running an appeal therefore we were unaware that there would be a conflict and organised the toy appeal exactly as we have done successfully for many years, we will however, learn a lesson from this year though! The winners in this situation are the children - we will continue to raise awarness and collect toys in the hope that we can help someone this Christmas but quite frankly to turn a charity event like this into a public slagging match of a voluntary organisation is totally unnecessary

anneoctober
03-Dec-08, 12:15
This just proves my Point. If CFM had been a bit more organised and arranged some months ago for collection points then MFR would not have any.

As it stands they did not and so they have lost out just by not thinking far enough ahead, as I said bad organisation.
Charity begins at home they say, so if you have spare time on your hands, perhaps you might like to volunteer yourself to CFM as they are always willing to have eager beavers onboard.

Kodiak
03-Dec-08, 14:00
Charity begins at home they say, so if you have spare time on your hands, perhaps you might like to volunteer yourself to CFM as they are always willing to have eager beavers onboard.

You quite correct Charity does begin at home.

This I do belive in and have spent at least 25 Years as a Volunteer helping different Organisations Fundraise in Caithness, everything from Youth Clubs to HomeAid. In my time I have organised everything from a small Raffle to a Large Summer Fete and even several Adventure Holidays.

So when I said that CFM was not Organised this year I had an Idea on what I was talking about. Unfortunately CFM took my statement as a personal attack at them, Which It Was Not.

It was just an obversation that if CFM had been a bit more Organised then they would have had collection points arranged at an earlier date. This is not an attack just the plain simple truth. I am sure next year they will send out letters a bit sooner, as a matter of fact I would suggest that now would be a good time as you can never be too early.

As to your second part, yes I do have spare time on my hands, too much of it, but I had to give up all my Fundraising Activities some time ago due to the fact that I am and have been for some time now, Quite Ill. It takes me all my time to walk 10 Yards. So although I would Urge anybody with time on their hands to Volunteer to help CFM, I personally am completely unable to do so, due to being Disabled.

anneoctober
03-Dec-08, 15:15
You quite correct Charity does begin at home.

This I do belive in and have spent at least 25 Years as a Volunteer helping different Organisations Fundraise in Caithness, everything from Youth Clubs to HomeAid. In my time I have organised everything from a small Raffle to a Large Summer Fete and even several Adventure Holidays.

So when I said that CFM was not Organised this year I had an Idea on what I was talking about. Unfortunately CFM took my statement as a personal attack at them, Which It Was Not.

It was just an obversation that if CFM had been a bit more Organised then they would have had collection points arranged at an earlier date. This is not an attack just the plain simple truth. I am sure next year they will send out letters a bit sooner, as a matter of fact I would suggest that now would be a good time as you can never be too early.

As to your second part, yes I do have spare time on my hands, too much of it, but I had to give up all my Fundraising Activities some time ago due to the fact that I am and have been for some time now, Quite Ill. It takes me all my time to walk 10 Yards. So although I would Urge anybody with time on their hands to Volunteer to help CFM, I personally am completely unable to do so, due to being Disabled.
I do sympathise with your situation, however you could still help via the internet or 'phone, you could contact local shops/business's with a view to becoming a "drop off" point or for other fundraising efforts etc. My closest friend is disabled too, she uses the above methods to help her community and keep her in contact with folks.

CFM
04-Dec-08, 09:02
Just to update you, Caithness Horizons have kindly agreed to be a collection point for the appeal so as from Saturday (after the fun day) you can leave toys or gifts there for collection

Torvaig
04-Dec-08, 10:35
CFM, well done on securing Caithness Horizons for your drop off point; that's where I will leave my donation as it is very accessible. I'm just so sad that you have had to defend your position as a voluntary group who do a great deal for Caithness; have a great Christmas. :)