PDA

View Full Version : ATMs

Tymey
26-Jan-06, 16:31
There are plenty of them about in retail outlets nowadays. Consider this case reported in Scottish Local Retailer magazine:

"Ramsay, 43, of Alness appeared in Tain Sheriff Court this month after admitting to taking a hammer to an ATM at his local Co-op in frustration after getting charged £1 every time he took money out."

Just goes to show....

moose and Lindsay
26-Jan-06, 16:35
:) good on ya Ramsay, i would of done the same!!

Chillie
26-Jan-06, 17:08
Me to, not a hammer but a JCB ( back actor)! [evil] bank's, again goverend by the Bank of england what more can one say.:mad: :mad:

JAWS
26-Jan-06, 17:20
The Bank of England has no control whatsoever over ATMs.
ATMs are totally outside their remit and they therefore have no say about charges are made by the people who provide them.

Tel
28-Jan-06, 02:47
Did the "Hammer" appear in court as well?.....
Did it get off with reduced sentence as it said in its defence..."I was driven to it....situation was totally out of my hands!"
Wait Till Ramsey gets his Court / Solicitor costs in.....£1000 plus £1 admin fee!!!....

EDDIE
28-Jan-06, 09:41
In aberdeen the atms in the convience stores and now in some of the bars they charge £1.60 for every transaction but another thing as well if you use a visa card to take money out of a atm visa hammers u big time in charges and the interest rate is higher than normal for that money

spiggie
28-Jan-06, 12:58
its ridiculous how u get charged money for taking your own hard earned cash from ur own account!

EDDIE
28-Jan-06, 16:49
its ridiculous how u get charged money for taking your own hard earned cash from ur own account!
I agree because they must be making a big saving on not needing so much staff through the use of atms these days compared 20 year ago

AR
29-Jan-06, 14:08
Are most of the atms in shops supplied by companies other than 'your bank'? So , they are there to make money?The majority of banks dont charge for taking money out of atms outside branches.I did get charged at one in carlisle so i steer clear of it now!

EDDIE
29-Jan-06, 17:32
Are most of the atms in shops supplied by companies other than 'your bank'? So , they are there to make money?The majority of banks dont charge for taking money out of atms outside branches.I did get charged at one in carlisle so i steer clear of it now!
The atms u see in shops and some bars now that charge these type of atms are more for convience thats why they charge because if your in a bar and need money and cant be bothered leaving a warm bar to go out to a free atm the facilty is there were u choose to pay £1.60 or not for a transaction i sometimes use the atms that charge if i forgot to get money early on but im lazy at times thats my excuse