PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of company/person who could sort stage curtains??

tracy ann
24-Nov-08, 15:12
I am looking for a company/person who could fix stage curtains - ones which are on a pulley system - thanks for help

Angel
24-Nov-08, 23:47
"SORT" In what way?

Angel

George Brims
25-Nov-08, 00:34
By colour, or alphabetically, or by size?

Torvaig
25-Nov-08, 10:06
Tracy Ann, you're best bet would be to get in touch with someone from either Wick or Thurso Players as they both will have someone who deals with stage curtains. They have websites so you should be able to get a tel. no. or an email address from them; good luck! :)

tracy ann
25-Nov-08, 14:28
LOL - george and Angel u sooooo funny!!! :eek:

Thank you Torvaig - v good idea - I will contact them

Tracy ann

Torvaig
25-Nov-08, 15:31
You are welcome Tracy Ann; I hope you get them sorted to your satisfaction. For others not familiar with the word "sort" you will find it and its meaning in any dictionary.

Angel
25-Nov-08, 23:47
Still not understanding... SORT...

Treat me as a child and explain SORT...

I know theatre curtains but SORT still tells me nothing!

Angel

Torvaig
26-Nov-08, 02:27

Angel

Angel, as I previously posted "For others not familiar with the word "sort" you will find it and its meaning in any dictionary."
I can't believe you don't have a dictionary but never mind, I do and "sort" according to the Collins Gem English Dictionary means "to mend or fix" therefore Tracy Ann needs someone to mend or fix her stage curtains.

tracy ann
26-Nov-08, 20:35
Exactly correct - they need 'sorted'!!:lol:

rockchick
27-Nov-08, 05:00

Angel

Angel, as I previously posted "For others not familiar with the word "sort" you will find it and its meaning in any dictionary."
I can't believe you don't have a dictionary but never mind, I do and "sort" according to the Collins Gem English Dictionary means "to mend or fix" therefore Tracy Ann needs someone to mend or fix her stage curtains.

Not to be pedantic or anything (who me?!) but "sort" also means: (1) to arrange systematically into groups (2) to separate from a mixed group (often to sort out) (3) to resolve (4) (informal) to deal with

According to the good old OED, anyways.

So Angel wasn't as wrong as she could have been...

Torvaig
27-Nov-08, 11:30
And who said she was wrong? :D She just didn't know the other meaning of "sort" so I explained; nowt wrong with being helpful surely....and it's ok; being pedantic has its uses! Someone always learns something from it.

Now I hope that's that sorted!;)

Angel
02-Dec-08, 23:22
Actually Rockchick you hit the nail on the head... Like I said I know theatre curtains and I have sorted in all the ways you have mentioned plus more..
stage left hung, stage right hung, front, mid and back, weighted, tabbed and balanced. riseing or drawing, track wheeled or tied, banjo track or pull drawn...
Now if the question was...

Does anyone know how to fixed some theatre curtains then it would be clearer...

Angel