PDA

View Full Version : IR Scan

Dog-eared
24-Nov-08, 13:38
Anyone know who does Infra Red scans of buildings ?

Bad Manners
24-Nov-08, 14:17
Someone has to ask. Why do you need a IR scan of a building?

joxville
24-Nov-08, 15:54
Probably a covert operation by the Microwave Liberation Front. Or Hotrod4 putting his plan for world domination into action. Or they are just nosey.

wifie
24-Nov-08, 15:57
Perhaps they wish to know their energy efficiency or am I thinking of something totally different? :confused

TBH
24-Nov-08, 16:19
It's to find areas of water and moisture intrusion in buildings, I thought that everyone would know that.[disgust][lol]

wifie
24-Nov-08, 16:23
I had to do it - I looked it up - I am right! (So is TBH! :)) Gosh we're a nosey lot! No we are not we are expanding our knowledge! Well that is my excuse and I am sticking to it! ;)

dozy
24-Nov-08, 16:29
Hi there ,my son-in-law is starting a Thermal Imaging Business in Caithness within the next mouth .This is for thermal /insulation efficiency ,can give you his mobile number if you want ...PM please ...

joxville
24-Nov-08, 18:07
Hi there ,my son-in-law is starting a Thermal Imaging Business in Caithness within the next mouth .This is for thermal /insulation efficiency ,can give you his mobile number if you want ...PM please ...

Is this a new type of dentistry? [lol]

Bad Manners
24-Nov-08, 18:14
I knew if I asked someone would know I knew about thermal imaging to detect how efficiant your insulation is but have now learned about ingress of water cleaver stuff. We just wait till we see the damp patch

Dog-eared
25-Nov-08, 13:05
IR scans or Forward Looking Infra Red scanning shows up leaks, dampness , heat loss and also structural defects in stone buildings as well as hot electrical circuits/ dodgy connections.

dozy
25-Nov-08, 13:44
IR SCANS/THERMAL .
Strange thing is that he had approched the Local Enterprise/Funding Boards,and got the cold shoulder .Plenty of advice but a BIG NO to funds. These IR/Thermal system are not cheap and along with the computer and printing equipment cost a small forture ..This is a CO2 reducing and ENERGY saving business takes in the front line of showing how well peoples homes and building are insulated or NOT ..
We used the system to prevent a serious fire ,when scanning a building the wiring showed a Hot Stop were the cable had been damaged .On inspection the cable had melted and the fire officer stated it would/could have gone up at anytime ...
Here's hoping that some of the Funders at use the ORG get in touch and help give this business the help it needs .

TBH
25-Nov-08, 13:52
IR SCANS/THERMAL .
Strange thing is that he had approched the Local Enterprise/Funding Boards,and got the cold shoulder .Plenty of advice but a BIG NO to funds. These IR/Thermal system are not cheap and along with the computer and printing equipment cost a small forture ..This is a CO2 reducing and ENERGY saving business takes in the front line of showing how well peoples homes and building are insulated or NOT ..
We used the system to prevent a serious fire ,when scanning a building the wiring showed a Hot Stop were the cable had been damaged .On inspection the cable had melted and the fire officer stated it would/could have gone up at anytime ...
Here's hoping that some of the Funders at use the ORG get in touch and help give this business the help it needs .These organisations go on about how they must attract external businesses to Caithness yet do nothing at all to encourage the local entrepreneur. This is a great idea yet they have refused to offer financial help, shame on them.

wifie
25-Nov-08, 15:44
These organisations go on about how they must attract external businesses to Caithness yet do nothing at all to encourage the local entrepreneur. This is a great idea yet they have refused to offer financial help, shame on them.
I concur - sounds like a very worthwhile venture. Hope someone steps in to help!

elamik@tiscali.co.uk
25-Nov-08, 21:40
Try Richard Irvin building services in Aberdeen.