PDA

View Full Version : who's that girl?

pirateeye
22-Nov-08, 23:31
there was a singer in the 70's who had a few hits she sounded similar to diana vickers from x factor can anyone think of who it is?

joxville
23-Nov-08, 00:31
Bonnie Tyler perhaps.

anneoctober
23-Nov-08, 00:35
Bonnie Tyler perhaps.
Thanks Jox ! could n't think of her name, it's annoyed me so much that I keep peeking back at this thread to see if some musical guru had the answer.........:lol:

wifie
23-Nov-08, 00:39
Thanks Jox ! could n't think of her name, it's annoyed me so much that I keep peeking back at this thread to see if some musical guru had the answer.........:lol:
It's a heartache.........[lol]

Bobinovich
23-Nov-08, 00:40
I'd say she sounds more like Dolores O'Riordan from the Cranberries myself... :roll:

EDIT: Not been watching X-Factor - just checked out some clips of her on You Tube. Really quite good!

joxville
23-Nov-08, 00:47

I've never been called a guru before but yeah, I suppose I am one. :cool:

joxville
23-Nov-08, 01:07
It's a heartache.........[lol]

Here it is wifie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8VGQTtENSs

mccaugm
23-Nov-08, 01:17
I could not help with this as I cannot bear the X Factor...

wifie
23-Nov-08, 01:27
Me either - only Strictly for me!

Venture
23-Nov-08, 01:39
I'd say she sounds more like Dolores O'Riordan from the Cranberries myself... :roll:

EDIT: Not been watching X-Factor - just checked out some clips of her on You Tube. Really quite good!

You're spot on Bob. That's just who she sounds like. She's not raspy enough to sound like Bonnie Tyler.:)

joxville
23-Nov-08, 01:48
You're spot on Bob. That's just who she sounds like. She's not raspy enough to sound like Bonnie Tyler.:)

She's not good enough to sound like Dolores either.

hotrod4
23-Nov-08, 06:38
Strictly fans!!!! Dont make me laugh. I am a strictist and follow the Xfactor, We're not allowed to talk about football so I'll get my Kicks picking on the Strictly fans!;) C'mon the Factor![lol]

Lavenderblue2
23-Nov-08, 10:37

Mccaugm and Wifie - I am with you both - I am stricktly Stricktly - I cannot stand all that wailing that goes on in the X Factor.

Venture
23-Nov-08, 11:00
She's not good enough to sound like Dolores either.

We're talking similiarities re Diana's quirky voice here. Nobody said she was as good as Dolores. Give her time though, she's still very young.;)

Venture
23-Nov-08, 11:07
Mccaugm and Wifie - I am with you both - I am stricktly Stricktly - I cannot stand all that wailing that goes on in the X Factor.

I watch both, but if I had a choice it would be X Factor. I love watching the wannabes trying to find stardom, especially the young ones. I'd say there is a lot of wailing and bubbling from the Strictly contestants too. Particularly those already "stars".[lol]

wifie
23-Nov-08, 17:44
I watch both, but if I had a choice it would be X Factor. I love watching the wannabes trying to find stardom, especially the young ones. I'd say there is a lot of wailing and bubbling from the Strictly contestants too. Particularly those already "stars".[lol]
Have to agree wi you Venture - the gurning of both judges and contestants is gettin more tryin every year!

balto
23-Nov-08, 17:48
i dont think she sounds anything like bonnie tyler, my god she isnt that good, she does sound like alanis morrisette a little bit. her voice just grates on me if i am honest.

Ash
23-Nov-08, 20:34
i love diana
she must just appeal to the younger generation
her version of halleijah was amazing( i know thats not how to spell it lol)

Tom Cornwall
24-Nov-08, 20:46
Here it is wifie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8VGQTtENSs

Yes, you're right...it is Bonnie Tyler:):)

Julia
24-Nov-08, 21:12
Don't some of the sounds she makes remind you of Kenneth Williams?