PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phone Help

~~Tides~~
26-Jan-06, 09:25
Ahh!! Disaster! ~

Took my mobile phone of charge the other night and set it on my windowsill (in the cold). In the morning it was all damp with condensation and wouldn't turn on! So into the airing cupboard it went but further resuscitation attempts proved futile.
Has anyone else had this problem and their moblie survived? Is it just the battery that need replacing?
Help me. Please.

jac1791
26-Jan-06, 09:45
I have put my sons mobile through the washing machine twice now and after a day on radiator drying out it has worked fine!

krieve
26-Jan-06, 11:22
Just take it all apart even the sim card and give it a chance to dry out it usually works well them. Mines has been in the dogs water bowl thanks to my little boy it worked after i dried it out.

happy_larry
26-Jan-06, 19:57
Ahh!! Disaster! ~

Took my mobile phone of charge the other night and set it on my windowsill (in the cold). In the morning it was all damp with condensation and wouldn't turn on! So into the airing cupboard it went but further resuscitation attempts proved futile.
Has anyone else had this problem and their moblie survived? Is it just the battery that need replacing?
Help me. Please.If yer phone is as old as that tie,its time for a new one.

Geo
26-Jan-06, 20:39
As suggested it needs stripped down. Make sure the battery, sim and inside is visibly dry then leave all the loose bits in an airing cupboard/hot press for 48 hours.

~~Tides~~
26-Jan-06, 23:42
Time for a new one?? It is virtually new. Its the blue rubbery nokia one. Which ironically looks as if it should be waterproof.
Thanks anyway.

ice box
27-Jan-06, 00:10
Time for a new one?? It is virtually new. Its the blue rubbery nokia one. Which ironically looks as if it should be waterproof.
Thanks anyway.
i think they ment the tie

angela5
27-Jan-06, 00:22
My mobile has been in the washing machine and down the toilet after a few days left to dry out it works fine.

ice box
27-Jan-06, 00:35
My mobile has been in the washing machine and down the toilet after a few days left to dry out it works fine.
i hope the toilet had been flushed first.... lol

Nivelo
27-Jan-06, 02:32
Yeah, my last fone went for a swim. I went to the loo at the pub and only noticed it 20 mins later in the middle of a pint on the table! Dried it out, went not bad but it was going completely nuts for a while like cuting off calls or it kept ringing even after i answered the call. A few weeks later it stoped being a bad litle phone and started playing nice. Musta sobered up.

Moonboots
29-Jan-06, 14:55
9/10 usually dry out and work again.

The most important thing not to do but some people do is try turning the phone back on after they see it wet without drying first. This causes faults on the main board and can fry the circuits.

As in previous posts - leave the phone to dry out completely with removing the fascia/cover, battery and simcard. You can also place the phone on top of a radiator to get a good dry out.

~~Tides~~
29-Jan-06, 20:07
AHH! I did what you just said not to do! (Cos i didnt know it was wet). And it will never work again. Uch well, there might be some warranty left.