PDA

View Full Version : Lemon or Lime

crayola
26-Jan-06, 01:34
It's cool either way, but which fruit do you prefer in your gin and tonic?

JAWS
26-Jan-06, 01:45
Gin, can't stand the stuff. Might be my palette but it tastes like eau-de-cologne. Ugh! [smirk]

crayola
26-Jan-06, 01:51
JAWS, you have no taste man.

JAWS
26-Jan-06, 02:00
Crayola, I once tried telling my ex-wife that I thought I had a definite lack of taste. I can't repeat her reply but my bruises eventually healed.
Mind you, as I said, she is my Ex-wife! [lol]

crayola
26-Jan-06, 02:18
What you you prefer in your G&T?

My quality control is awol 'e night. I blame it on the lemon. [mad]

Moira
26-Jan-06, 02:27
lol - I never even noticed and I haven't touched a drop since Saturday night.
I voted lime - cut into slices & placed in the freezer before use - very cool! :)

wickerinca
26-Jan-06, 04:28
Whatever is close to hand. Only drink the stuff to keep the malaria away!

paris
26-Jan-06, 10:29
Yuck, hate gin with avengence !

krieve
26-Jan-06, 10:38
None don't like lemon or lime or gin yuk.

DrSzin
26-Jan-06, 10:46
I voted lime - cut into slices & placed in the freezer before use - very cool! :)Now that sounds cool. Thanks for the tip Moira! :)

Paris, you're not supposed to drink it with a vengeance -- a slice of lemon or lime is much better...

golach
26-Jan-06, 10:54
Cannot stand Gin its a perfume not a drink :mad:

shrek_donkey
26-Jan-06, 14:49
I hate gin i like vodka;)

Saveman
26-Jan-06, 14:52
Whatever is close to hand. Only drink the stuff to keep the malaria away!
LOL

Need to be in the mood for G&T....it's not my usual tipple

squidge
26-Jan-06, 16:18
I like lemon

I love G and T made by my dad, tall glass lots of ice and a slice of lemon and a quick squeeze of lemon into the glass too. drank in their french garden under a tree when the sun is shining

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sporran
26-Jan-06, 18:37
I like either lemon or lime in my gin and tonic, but would probably choose lime these days, as I prefer Coke or Pepsi with lime to Coke or Pepsi with lemon. I also like gin and bitter lemon, preferably with ice, which is how I drink my G&T. OK, whose round is it? ;)

paris
26-Jan-06, 18:47
Must be your`s Sporran !

connieb19
26-Jan-06, 19:32
It's cool either way, but which fruit do you prefer in your gin and tonic?I prefer more gin in mine..lol:o)

gleeber
26-Jan-06, 19:59
I have lemon n warm water every morning and I marinade fresh tuna in lime n soy sauce. Never tasted gin in my life.

Alice in Blunderland
26-Jan-06, 20:07
The smell of gin is what makes me unable to even contemplate drinking it I feel it should be in a spray bottle this said I still have it in the house in case anyone who visits likes a tipple.

wickerinca
26-Jan-06, 20:09
I'll keep that in mind, Alice? Will we have to bring our own tonic and lemons/limes?

happy_larry
26-Jan-06, 20:14
melon..............

Sporran
26-Jan-06, 20:14
I'm curious to know if those of you who don't like gin don't like Earl Grey tea either? It's kinda perfumey too, but ah lek it! :D

golach
26-Jan-06, 20:23
I'm curious to know if those of you who don't like gin don't like Earl Grey tea either? It's kinda perfumey too, but ah lek it! :D

I prefer Dargeeling its a bitty stronger, but I will admit to enjoying a Jasmine or green tea after a nice Chinese Meal

lassieinfife
26-Jan-06, 22:05
dont drink either gin or tea.............. both tastes awful ..... yuck!!!!!!

Julia
26-Jan-06, 22:28

I love the smell and taste of gin, and I usually always drink earl grey tea!

Not keen on tonic thought, I like bitter lemon in my gin ;)

spiggie
26-Jan-06, 23:16
nah dont like gin tastes not very nice, and neither does the tonic, but i take lime in my vodka :0) very nice

landmarker
26-Jan-06, 23:32
Not had G & T since I got legless in R.A.F.Wildenrath Sergeants mess in 1983 - twenty pee a shot - ish.

I'd prefer lime though cos it's zingy and zesty. I find lemon rather bitter.
Isn't Gin 'mothers ruin' .?What a charming old moniker for the stuff. I understand it was staple in working class homes in harder, older times. We all needs an escape I guess.

lasher
27-Jan-06, 00:05
G&T with lots of ice, had it with lemon never tried lime.
Don't get much of a hangover with G&T either, me and my mate drunk nearly two bottles one nite, right as rain the next day!!;)
Put lime in ma corona tho, superb.:p

angela5
27-Jan-06, 00:26
Gin i hate the smell and taste of the stuff.

weeboyagee
27-Jan-06, 14:20
Definitely lime! Only thing about the fruit though is it is green in colour - eh golach?

By the way - are you coming down with something, your taste in alcoholic drink - it's a wonder your liver is still going ;)

Bobinovich
27-Jan-06, 14:29

Like the smell of gin but not the taste, do like Earl Grey - and it's fruitier Lady Grey - on occasion.

scrapydoo
27-Jan-06, 14:45
yuk gin is horrible i love beeeeeeeer

Alice in Blunderland
28-Jan-06, 17:27
I'll keep that in mind, Alice? Will we have to bring our own tonic and lemons/limes?

Definately not I would gladly supply lemons/limes just let me know....:lol: I also dont like earl grey tea but if thats someone elses preffered tea fine by me we cant all have the same taste buds.

angela5
28-Jan-06, 20:03
lemons and more lemons:Razz

lasher
29-Jan-06, 05:14
i was out on the town 2nite, got lime in every G&T, never noticed before, prob cause i usually drink Vod and coke!!! it was good tho!!!!!!:grin: