PDA

View Full Version : gary glitter

Ash
21-Nov-08, 21:06
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Gary-Glitter-Court-Case-To-Get-His-Name-Taken-Off-Sex-Offenders-Register/Article/200811315157748?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Te aser_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15157748_Gary_Glitter_Court_Case_To_Ge t_His_Name_Taken_Off_Sex_Offenders_Register

surely this will not happen![evil]

Bad Manners
21-Nov-08, 21:14
On the list or not I dont think there are many people who dont know what he was and what he still is. I hope he does not win but he will always be known for what he did.

anneoctober
21-Nov-08, 21:20
I sincerely hope not. The guy is obviously a danger to children everywhere. He's either very deluded, or seeking freedom to continue with his perverse addiction / desires. Whichever it is, it's a step too far. Lets hope our justice system will prevail and his ridiculous attempts are thwarted [disgust]

sweetpea
21-Nov-08, 22:53
What difference will that make? we all know his name and who he is. If he goes for a job and has to give his name....

Metalattakk
21-Nov-08, 23:44
Gary Glitter is innocent!

Paul Gadd, however, is not.

I do wish the tabloids would be able to differentiate between the two.

sweetpea
22-Nov-08, 00:39
Apologies M, Of course I meant Paul Gadd aka Gary Glitter, point taken..

Ash
22-Nov-08, 09:19
i hate how known sex offenders are allowed to move about if its been made aware in a town that they are a sex offender, i know of man locally who got moved so i wonder if the families in his new area are aware of what he has previouslly done....

Bazeye
22-Nov-08, 10:01
They might be if you mentioned his name. Having 2 kids of my own Id want to know if there was one living near me.

Ash
22-Nov-08, 10:10
dont think the org allows to name and shame

kitty kat
22-Nov-08, 10:38
CELEBRITIES

because of his career which in its day was known by everyone he avoided death he got three years because if this was anyone else who had done this in that country they would have been infront the death squad. now he wants of the offenders register[lol]

when are the courts going to realise these so called celebrities use there status to get away with crimes?

what will this say to other convicted offenders its ok they will be forgiven and there names removed in a few years?

Bazeye
22-Nov-08, 10:40
CELEBRITIES

and there names removed in a few years?

I thought they were removed after a few years werent they?

kitty kat
22-Nov-08, 16:12
he has only been on there since he came back to britain a few months ago. just out of interest how long are they on the register before there names are removed hopefully more than 6 months

Kodiak
22-Nov-08, 16:50
How long does someone stay on the register?

It depends how serious the crime was and the level of threat the individual poses. Sex offenders given a jail term of 30 months must remain on the list indefinitely, many for the rest of their lives.

Anyone convicted of between six to 30 months in prison stays on the register for 10 years. Those sentenced to less than six months register for seven years.

http://latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/infocus/2008/08/22/how_sex_offenders_register_works