PDA

View Full Version : its snowing

kitty kat
21-Nov-08, 10:16
i love the snow but only when theres no place to go

LET IT SNOW i want a snowman

laguna2
21-Nov-08, 10:18
No snow here - but does it count that I have seen in on the Traffic Scotland cameras? ;)

balto
21-Nov-08, 10:32
oh i love the snow, especially watching it when i am in a nice warm house, but unfortunatly got to go to wick hospital today, so just hope it doesnt get any worse unto i get home, it is starting to feel like christmas now with the snow, lets hope it lasts as if it doesnt the kids will not know what snow is.

kitty kat
21-Nov-08, 10:45
oh i love the snow, especially watching it when i am in a nice warm house, but unfortunatly got to go to wick hospital today, so just hope it doesnt get any worse unto i get home, it is starting to feel like christmas now with the snow, lets hope it lasts as if it doesnt the kids will not know what snow is.

hope you get on well at the hospital and i hope it stays calm for you

trix
21-Nov-08, 10:53
wish it hed kept off til tomorrow - thinkin aboot ma manies an wifies :(

STUDMUFFIN
21-Nov-08, 11:02
Im off to newcastle to pick up a landrover so i am a bit miffed with the weather

Gizmo
21-Nov-08, 11:17
I just knew i'd be the only one to vote 'Bah Humbug' :lol:

kitty kat
21-Nov-08, 11:19

there is always one :(

arana negra
21-Nov-08, 11:21
Our snow is about 2 and a half hours drive away does that count ?

I love new fresh clean snow :D don't like it when it goes all dirty then to slush and ice though.

Bad Manners
21-Nov-08, 11:27
Some how my garden looks a lot better under snow

laguna2
21-Nov-08, 12:16

It's OK gizmo - two others have voted same as you so you are not alone after all! :lol:

crashbandicoot1979
21-Nov-08, 12:48
I voted bah humbug. Hate the snow. Its cold and wet and I hate driving in it (have to drive from Thurso to Wick and back every day for work). Loved it when I was a bairn mind you, but its since lost its appeal!!

badger
21-Nov-08, 12:49

Hope you get safely home balto. That's just the trouble with snow. So long as you don't have to get anywhere, especially long distance, or you're getting older and not to keen on slipping (like me :roll: ) it's lovely. If you're young and can play in it it's fine.

I love being indoors and listening to the wind howling and seeing the snow shooting horizontally past the windows but going out is another matter and I feel so sorry for anyone who has to work outside this weather.

Gizmo
21-Nov-08, 12:55
It's OK gizmo - two others have voted same as you so you are not alone after all! :lol:

I actually love snow, but only when it's on a mountain and i have a snowboard strapped to my feet :p

Snow in Wick just means it's gonna cost more to heat the house....bah humbug!! :)

binbob
21-Nov-08, 13:01
it is jolly cold...but think more snow is coming..i am only happy that i am going nowhere.stay safe ,everyone.

Angela
21-Nov-08, 13:55
That's just the trouble with snow. So long as you don't have to get anywhere, especially long distance, or you're getting older and not to keen on slipping (like me :roll: ) it's lovely.

Must agree with that sentiment, badger! I'm stocked up with a huge pile of library books and enough food for me and my feline friend to survive a pretty lengthy siege -and it's not even snowing here yet! ;) :roll:

Average
21-Nov-08, 14:03
Snowing but not lying here in the Borders.

kitty kat
21-Nov-08, 14:31
its not lying here either:(

riggerboy
21-Nov-08, 14:34
dont get much out here, but my golly gosh its blinking cold

cuddlepop
21-Nov-08, 14:36
Kitty love the snow but there's nothing over here.Top of the Quaraing is white and the Cuillins are shrouded in black cloud,so probably snowing up there.
Cant wait to see Scorrie playing in the snow,he has such fun with the leaves blowing in the wind.:D

hotrod4
21-Nov-08, 14:45
Youre not alone there bah humbug from me too its brass monkeys out there or as I always say Japanese fighter pilots ;) (Dont want to offend the PC brigade)

telfordstar
21-Nov-08, 15:35
Youre not alone there bah humbug from me too its brass monkeys out there or as I always say Japanese fighter pilots ;) (Dont want to offend the PC brigade)

Im with you on this as well i hate the stuff. Its cold and messy when dragged in the house and i really hate the feeling and noise that yu get when walking on snow makes me gringe.

Kevin Milkins
21-Nov-08, 17:56
I had three attempt's at walking the dogs up Reiss beach just now and failed :mad:

Every time I got back to the car it would clear,so off we go again and in no time at all the icy snow is cutting into your face when walking into it.

The dogs don't seem to mind though.:Razz

Anji
21-Nov-08, 18:01
I love looking at snow. It makes everything look so peaceful. But I hate driving in it.
I'm talking about normal snow, the stuff that floats down gently from the sky and blankets the earth.
I could do nicely without this violent stuff you were trying to walk your dogs in!

grumpy1
21-Nov-08, 18:04
i hate it with a passion... first sign of the white stuff an i end up on me backside....just can't stay on me feet when it lays ....:~(:~(

hell raizer
21-Nov-08, 19:07
i can't stand the stuff, it means i'm going to be stuck in the house for days :(

Kodiak
21-Nov-08, 19:36
SNOW !! The Only Place I like to see Snow is on a Christmas Card.

On the ground it is a real Pain, especially when I slip and fall.

joxville
21-Nov-08, 20:27
No snow where I was, I'm just back from 3 days spent in Barnstaple, Devon where it was cool but sunny. The hotel I was staying in had Xmas decorations up, had done so since 1st November because the party season had started. The first party they had was last Friday!!

curry
22-Nov-08, 00:42
Just back from night out in Aberdeen and been snowing here on and off all day. Side roads very slidy tonight and looks like it might be a snowy scene in the morning and that is in city centre. Country roads must be much worse.

sweetpea
22-Nov-08, 00:59
Unfortunately where I'm located it's only been TRYING to snow all day. I love a good plump of snow.

Anne x
22-Nov-08, 11:01
Here in Aberdeen snowed most of yesterday and all night and still snowing this morning rain forecast for tmr yipee

ks
22-Nov-08, 11:03
I love snow but not enough for a snowman today!

anneoctober
22-Nov-08, 11:08
i can't stand the stuff, it means i'm going to be stuck in the house for days :(
With a name like yours Hell Raizer - you're gonna have fun wherever you are!! :Razz

floyed
22-Nov-08, 14:34
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, until Monday cause i have to do loads of walking:D

ett23
23-Nov-08, 15:51
Yay, woke up this morning to find several inches of the stuff everywhere and definitely enough to have fun in with the kids, but haven't been able to get out in it all morning til now and it's mostly all gone due to the heavy rain we've been having!:roll: Pity it couldn't have lasted a bit longer - we were hoping to build an igloo like the one we made back in 2001!!:lol: Been a long time since we've had deep enough snow to make a good igloo!!