PDA

View Full Version : Attention Admin !!

trinkie
21-Nov-08, 09:43
Is there a time limit when replying to a Thread ?

I have just spent some time replying to the Dounreay Thread, but when I pressed to Submit I was told I was no longer connected !
This reply took a bit of thought, so likely I spent a little longer in getting it submitted. How long does one get?
I've lost the plot now and dont have time to respond again.
I'm mildly furious I can tell you .
Is it possible that you can find my reply somewhere in the depths of your deleted folder?

Please remember that some of us are not as fast as others - though my typing skills are better than most !

arana negra
21-Nov-08, 10:14
Frusrating aint it ! I had the same problem on another website and when admin there were made aware they extended the time :)

Fluff
21-Nov-08, 12:08
Trinkie I know how frustrating that can be, my connection tends to drop randomly for a few mins from time to time, so what I have started doing now when I am writing a reply that involves thought (LOL) is after you have typed it out, copy the whole text (drap to highlight what you have written, then right click and select copy) that way should it not go through you can just paste it back on!

Bobinovich
21-Nov-08, 12:35
I often take excessive time to compose my replies and have learned the hard way too! I do exactly as Fluff says & copy any large posts before posting so that, in the event it doesn't post, I've still got it ready to try again.

No chance, IMO, of your original post being recovered :(!

badger
21-Nov-08, 12:43
I've also been caught out like this and now write long replies offline in Word then copy and paste it in - much easier.

trinkie
21-Nov-08, 13:07
Thank you all - I've calmed down now !

I often do copy and paste, but this time didn't expect to ramble on so much and run out of time ( I should know myself better shouldn't I ??)

Now I'm busy on another project...

anneoctober
21-Nov-08, 13:13
Thank you all - I've calmed down now !

I often do copy and paste, but this time didn't expect to ramble on so much and run out of time ( I should know myself better shouldn't I ??)

Now I'm busy on another project...
Ok , the suspense is killing me - what's your new project and does it have anything to do wi a certain BNP list thats doin e rounds in Caithness ?? ;):D

Elenna
21-Nov-08, 15:12
I'm also a very slow typist, so another tip I've found when trying to compose something lengthy is to 'preview' the post at the end of every paragraph. This appears to keep the reply window current, as it were, so it doesn't time out. I then also highlight and copy the entire thing, before I submit it, just in case!

Robertson
21-Nov-08, 16:35
yes this has happened to me also

hotrod4
21-Nov-08, 17:11
Ok , the suspense is killing me - what's your new project and does it have anything to do wi a certain BNP list thats doin e rounds in Caithness ?? ;):D
You must be one of the few who DONT have a copy!!!![lol]

trinkie
21-Nov-08, 19:16
What great advice you've all given, many thanks.
I'll try to remember in future.

Best wishes,
Trinkie

trinkie
21-Nov-08, 19:20
I think we'll close the thread now - I'm sure many other folk will have found your suggestions a great help, Thanks again.

Trinkie