PDA

View Full Version : V Funny Classical Music Blooper

grantyg
25-Jan-06, 19:20
http://216.120.232.36/%7Ebilland/sounds/jenkins.mp3

right click and save as
the file is a real honest recording of the american soprano Florence Foster Jenkins. She was genuinly that bad and performed to that level all her life, she gained a huge following and as well as 2 records performed in carnegie hall in 1944.
She honestly believed she was one of the greatest voices of all time and even made her own ball gowns from tinsel (nutter)
She had a salaried pianist called hamish mcmoon.
The track is the infamous queen of the night aria by mozart which is a tricky one to sing but she goes for it!

Here endeth todays lecture
Good evening

*granty exits stage left and goes for a bath!*

brandy
25-Jan-06, 20:00
omg thought that may have been a spoof recording but looked her up and found several clips.. omg ears bleeding..
help me!
crawls of to find a place to curl up and die

connieb19
25-Jan-06, 20:08
You could have warned me to let the cat out first.....I can't get him to come out from behind the couch...lol :Razz

elaine
25-Jan-06, 20:21
Aaaaaahh - oh noooooooooo!

ok the challenge is to try and listen to the whole thing without flinching.

It makes your eyes water!!

Brilliant!

Whitewater
25-Jan-06, 22:12
Boy oh boy, I wonder what Simon Cowell and friends would have thought of her.

Thanks 'grantyg' for giving me a laugh.

George Brims
26-Jan-06, 03:00
If it's awful audio you're after, go here -

http://www.aprilwinchell.com/multimedia/

April Winchell is a voice artist and comedian. She is quite possibly the funniest woman on earth.

wickerinca
26-Jan-06, 04:36
Thanks grantyg. That got the dogs nicely wound up before bed!!! They definitely think that there is some kind of strange animal howling a challenge so think that I will let them out to waken the neigbours now!Like to keep everyone on their toes!!

badger
26-Jan-06, 11:44
This is a classic - recordings of FFJ appear regularly on the radio and there is currently a musical based on her life playing in London -

Glorious! starring Maureen Lipman - Duchess Theatre

In 1940´s New York, the performer who everyone demanded to see live was Florence Foster Jenkins, an enthusiastic soprano whose pitch was far from perfect. Known as “the first lady of the sliding scale”, she warbled and screeched her way through the evening to an audience who mostly fell about with laughter. But this delusional and joyously happy woman paid little attention to her critics; instead she was surrounded by a circle of devoted friends who were almost as eccentric as she was. Based upon a true story, Peter Quilter’s new play spins from Florence’s charity recitals and extravagant balls, through to her bizarre recording sessions and an ultimate triumph at Carnegie Hall.