PDA

View Full Version : Forecast for the weekend for those interested

Tugmistress
20-Nov-08, 16:22
Posted this as a separate thread as some may miss it hidden in the thunder one.;)

ok weather for the weekend folkies ....

friday .... cold white and windy! possible blizzard conditions when snow is falling and dangerous driving conditions as wet surfaces will freeze. actual temps around the zero mark but with wind chill will feel rather brass monkeys at around -8c

saturday ... starting cold white and windy! temps around the zero up to 2c again wind chill warming up as the day goes on and the wind eases back to all of about -2c lol, snow falling less and less and after tea time i reckon that'll be it. wind easing off for a brief time through the evening.

sunday .... temps a bit warmer, around the 5 or 6c mark but a quick blow in the morning/afternoon though the wind will ease off again in the evening, anything falling out of the sky is liable to be rain this time.

the outlook is very unsettled, more wind and rain .... monday evening and night is threatening a hooligan again from the north, tuesday looks fairly calm and dry, and wednesday looks a bit of a breeze and damp, but that's going as far as i want to because after 5 days out the charts are not in any way reliable but only give a rough guide.

basically wrap up warm, get out the hot toddies and mulled wine, curl up and watch a good film :grin:

Venture
20-Nov-08, 16:50
Thanks for the forecast Tugs. Will the snow and increased winds start during the early hours of Friday or more during the day. I'll be taking your advice...DVD's at the ready.

Tugmistress
20-Nov-08, 16:51
starting during the early hours venture, maybe even late tonight, just been on the phone to a friend driving on the A9 currently at Loth and he already been driving in sleet.

Bobinovich
20-Nov-08, 16:53
...basically wrap up warm, get out the hot toddies and mulled wine, curl up and watch a good film :grin:

Don't need to tell me twice :lol: Any excuse for a cosy slobbing weekend!

highlander
20-Nov-08, 17:17
Thanks for that tuggs will it be a dumping of snow or a skifter?

anneoctober
20-Nov-08, 17:22
Thanks for that tuggs will it be a dumping of snow or a skifter?
it's 'at weet here wifie, I dinna think hid 'll lie...........:lol:

Tugmistress
20-Nov-08, 18:00
I doubt very much it'll be a dumping, just a small amount, like that stupid drizzle where you get wet if you know what i mean. The ground will be too warm for it to lie anywhere unless it's high ground probably above anything round here ... biggest possibility of it lying in my guess would be the height of spittal? even then it'll melt quickly.

not enough for sledges yet :(

Liz
20-Nov-08, 18:55
Thanks a lot for the forecast Tuggs even though it is quite grim.:confused

Getting really fed up with it as can't take the dog for a long walk and, when we do, he has to go in the bath afterwards as the roads are mucking!

Roll on Summer!!!!!:D

Venture
21-Nov-08, 00:31
Well it's certainly blowing a hooly here at the moment.:lol:

dirdyweeker
21-Nov-08, 01:03
Love your Xmas Avatar Venture. Enjoy the dvd's , I will look forward to the snow.:D