PDA

View Full Version : Deodorant warning

unicorn
20-Nov-08, 16:15
this story has shocked and surprised me. I am one of those who would never think this could happen so be aware
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Boy-12-Died-After-Spraying-Deodorant-Lynx-Aerosol-Triggered-Heart-Condition-In-Daniel-Hurley/Article/200811315156332?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_15156332_Boy%2C_12%2C_Died_After_Spray ing_Deodorant%3A_Lynx_Aerosol_Triggered_Heart_Cond ition_In_Daniel_Hurley

Gizmo
20-Nov-08, 16:51
Bloomin eck, the poor lad, never knew that could happen, don't think i have ever read the warnings on a can of deodorant and nearly always put it on in the bathroom with no ventilation, especially at this time of year.

pat
20-Nov-08, 16:58
I avoid all aerosols as generally one of the triggers for asthma.

This can happen when using aerosols, there is a warning on cans but how many people read the warning that it is not to be used in confined spaces, it is not going to happen to them.

I personally cannot enter a room for quite some time after any aerosol has been sprayed, think I might have two aerosols in my home and have not used those for a long time.

This may make folk wake up about the use of aerosols.

loobyloo
21-Nov-08, 02:29
Have to say I was shocked by this. I had no idea that they could have such catastrophic results. The only one I ever used that made me cough/want to throw up was Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner: totally vile stuff. Once used, never forgotten.
What a shame for that poor family....

unicorn
21-Nov-08, 09:35
I agree with the mr muscle that stuff was truly awful to work with.