PDA

View Full Version : Local Charities

sweetpea
20-Nov-08, 12:54
I'm trying to find out what charities are local, as in the money stays in Caithness. It's for a fundraiser. I tried CVG website but it's being updated. If anyone knows of any could you post them for me please.

anneoctober
20-Nov-08, 13:28
I'm trying to find out what charities are local, as in the money stays in Caithness. It's for a fundraiser. I tried CVG website but it's being updated. If anyone knows of any could you post them for me please.
Thor house in Thurso are trying to raise funds , having been gifted ground by Highland council.

carlominno
20-Nov-08, 13:33
Most charities have a local branch and for a number of them the money does stay locally (or you can specify with your donation that it is spend on something in Caithness/Highland area). However some that are specific to Caithness include most Youth Group organisations, sports groups, Riding for Disabled, etc
Best plan might be to contact someone from the organisation you want to give to and check if their money stays local or goes to the big pot.
Hope thats helpful

Hibeechick
20-Nov-08, 13:56
Have a look on this website, just type in highland and then you can search the postcodes..

http://www.oscr.org.uk/

Liz
20-Nov-08, 14:43
Caithness Cats Protection.:D Every single penny is used to help the cats and cat owners of Caithness. The branch is run by hard working volunteers.

www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk

sadam
20-Nov-08, 17:15
check on Caithness.org under the Community section and you will find some local charities

poppett
20-Nov-08, 17:40
"Crossroads" caring for carers........... Any funding in our area stays in our area, and every penny counts to provide respite care for carers in Caithness.

Moonboots
21-Nov-08, 10:27
Thurso Youth Club FC are always looking for funding to provide training items, strips etc.. And it all goes to children ranging from ages 5 to 15 years old. At the moment they are going to be needing alot more cash soon as they want to develope an area.

Fran
22-Nov-08, 04:41
Macmillan cancer care and caithness cancer support group only spend their money in caithness. As do SSAFFA, Soldiers,sailors,airforce and families association. They help poor servicememn who have come home to caithness from the gulf or Afghanistan after suffering trauma, and injuries.
Ssaffa also help retired ex servicemen, or serving servicemen and merchant navy, and are very active in Caithness. they
are holding a prize bingo on 6 december in Francis Street Club.
The hospital has departments who aRE NEDING MONEY, such as the renal unit, maternity,ct scanner, wards, the hospital would give you details. The ambulance service, the list is endless.