PDA

View Full Version : petition

cuddlepop
25-Jan-06, 18:18
I was wondering if you could help with some info,guidelines on how to set up a petition on a vote of no confidence in a high school rector.We had an audit carried out by DR margaret Crombie,the quality assurance team and the area education officer.This document is confidential so we are not going to see it .What we did get was an eddited version from area ed.(dont believe).
We learned today that the head of learning support has resigned.The mess at the school is not her fault but of poor leadership and guidence.Can a retired teacher back a motion?.
Once again thanks.[mad]

DW
25-Jan-06, 19:48
I was wondering if you could help with some info,guidelines on how to set up a petition on a vote of no confidence in a high school rector.We had an audit carried out by DR margaret Crombie,the quality assurance team and the area education officer.This document is confidential so we are not going to see it .What we did get was an eddited version from area ed.(dont believe).
We learned today that the head of learning support has resigned.The mess at the school is not her fault but of poor leadership and guidence.Can a retired teacher back a motion?.
Once again thanks.[mad]

And this school would be????????????????

cuddlepop
25-Jan-06, 20:16
its in Skye

KitKat
25-Jan-06, 20:52
I am beginning to wonder if you are a bit of a 'stirrer' Cuddlepop. A couple of weeks ago you were thinking of moving to Wick with your ASD child. You could have phoned the school and asked to speak to someone from the management team or the head of Additional Needs. Then you would have had the chance to discuss your child's needs in detail and find out what provision there would be for her/him. Alternatively, you could have contacted the ASD support team in Dungwall, who would have an overview of provision across Highland and who could have given you an unbiased, professional opinion on what to expect. Even a private email to Bill Fernie our webmaster, who is also a councillor in the area, would have got you the information you needed. But no, you chose instead to ask for public opinion which is fair enough, but you must have known you would be would be bound to get over -the -top responses from people who had their own agendas and issues. (Interestingly no-one actually answered your original question about how good support for special needs is in Wick High). Now you are asking for advice on a school in Skye on a Caithness message board. Don't you have a school board? councillors? local MP or MSP? If you have concerns about your school there are in place very good mechanisms to get questions answered. Use the system! The question about retired teachers surely would be easily answered by one of the teaching unions.
Don't know why, but I just have a feeling there is some troublemaking going on here.

cuddlepop
26-Jan-06, 18:04
Thank you for your response.No stirring intended only advice.We are an active parent carers group on Skye who have taken up various issues with Area education with limited response.Through sheer frustration we went to our local MP.Mr Kennedy was informed that we were adequately resourced(52% INCREASE )Where had it gone?This we were told was a head teachers decision.The local community know who is to blame ,but proving it is difficult.
If I had known web master was a local councillor I would have asked him aswell.Unfortunatly as is always the case on discussion forums I was misunderstood.
We still may move to Caithness but education will probably be home schooling as is usually the case with ASD kids