PDA

View Full Version : House Shaking Thunder

Gizmo
20-Nov-08, 10:06
Anyone else hear and feel the thunder at around 6.30am?, it was pretty intense and at one point was directly above my house, it was really loud and you could feel the vibrations from it, i love thunder storms and that one was the loudest i have heard for many years, my cats didn't like it so much though, they got a hell of a fright and then went a bit bonkers.

guitarzan
20-Nov-08, 10:10
we had the same gizmo!

was half asleep when it was happenin, didnt know if i was dreamin it or not...

kitty kat
20-Nov-08, 10:31
we had it in castletown bout 6 this morning wot a shacker it woke me and my daughter up she then wouldnt go back to her own bed was to scared to move. :(

Kevin Milkins
20-Nov-08, 10:33
Thats the first time I have heard thunder in Caithness since moving here,(2.1/2 years ago).:eek:

I used to love sitting in the conservatory and watching the lightening and listening to the thunder with heavy rain beating off the polycarbonate roof.

It sounds as if we have some more interesting weather heading our way.

skinnydog
20-Nov-08, 10:38
Yes, it was 6.30 here. Couple of flashes of lightning too.

Julia
20-Nov-08, 12:49
I slept through it [evil], and I love thunder and lightning. The hailstones woke me at 7am though, jeeze they were loud!!

telfordstar
20-Nov-08, 12:55
I slept through it [evil], and I love thunder and lightning. The hailstones woke me at 7am though, jeeze they were loud!!

You just missed it julia it was just seconds before the hail started.

Mr P Cannop
20-Nov-08, 13:41
i was on ma computer when it came

Liz
20-Nov-08, 13:50
Boy it was loud!:eek: Heard it just after 7am and then a flash of lightning before the hailstone storm.

Thankfully didn't last long.

Lightning frightens me!:roll:

highlander
20-Nov-08, 14:11
Saw three very bright lightening flashes but never heard any thunder, but then again i had the radio on. Wonder what tomorrows weather will bring?.

unicorn
20-Nov-08, 14:21
I thought it was the wind until hubby kindly woke me to say switch off the modem as he didnt have time to........then I rolled over and went back to sleep :lol:

Geo
20-Nov-08, 14:30
Must be the advertised cold front moving in :(

balto
20-Nov-08, 14:34
no i never heard it thankfully.

unicorn
20-Nov-08, 14:37
how long is the weather supposed to be bad for?
I am aiming for Edinburgh and back on Saturday but if weather not good I will just call it off, not worth the risk to pick up a couple of rabbits if weather gonna be hairy.

nellie
20-Nov-08, 14:42
:confused::cry:was scared out of my wits.

Geo
20-Nov-08, 14:49
how long is the weather supposed to be bad for?
I am aiming for Edinburgh and back on Saturday but if weather not good I will just call it off, not worth the risk to pick up a couple of rabbits if weather gonna be hairy.

It is supposed to be getting very cold with snow on Friday. Forecasts can be a bit hit and miss of course.

We need Tugmistress!

unicorn
20-Nov-08, 15:48
we do where is she hiding? :confused

Geo
20-Nov-08, 15:54
Under the bed because of the thunder. :)

Tugmistress
20-Nov-08, 16:20
Under the bed because of the thunder. :)

haha no i was sound asleep and missed it! bummer!

ok weather for the weekend folkies ....

friday .... cold white and windy! possible blizzard conditions when snow is falling and dangerous driving conditions as wet surfaces will freeze. actual temps around the zero mark but with wind chill will feel rather brass monkeys at around -8c

saturday ... starting cold white and windy! temps around the zero up to 2c again wind chill warming up as the day goes on and the wind eases back to all of about -2c lol, snow falling less and less and after tea time i reckon that'll be it. wind easing off for a brief time through the evening.

sunday .... temps a bit warmer, around the 5 or 6c mark but a quick blow in the morning/afternoon though the wind will ease off again in the evening, anything falling out of the sky is liable to be rain this time.

the outlook is very unsettled, more wind and rain .... monday evening and night is threatening a hooligan again from the north, tuesday looks fairly calm and dry, and wednesday looks a bit of a breeze and damp, but that's going as far as i want to because after 5 days out the charts are not in any way reliable but only give a rough guide.

basically wrap up warm, get out the hot toddies and mulled wine, curl up and watch a good film :D

speedo215
20-Nov-08, 23:14
i was walking to catch the bus to work this morning and the sky lit up with lightning it gave me a scare but also helped wake me up as well

Billy Boy
20-Nov-08, 23:27
lol when i seen the name of the thread i thought someone heard ma trouser cough this morning...:D