PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Electric 20% discount

Julia
19-Nov-08, 15:14
If you are with the Hydro and spending more than 10% of your total income on heating or electricity then you will probably qualify for a discount of 20% off the cost of you electricity bill.

Phone Careline on 0800 622 838 and ask about their new tariff called 'energyplus care'. They send you out a form to fill in, ring them back and they will go over the form with you to tell you if you qualify. Those on Prepayment meters will receive a quarterly cheque equal to their discount and those on bills will just be discounted there and then.

For more info check here. (http://www.hydro.co.uk/help/foryourhome/SpecialPackages/Default.aspx)

Kodiak
19-Nov-08, 16:06
Thanks for this Info. I phoned up and was asked if I had all my details and could I spare 15 minutes to answer questions to enable her to fill out the application form. I said yes and the form was duely filled out and directly after I was advised that I qualified and that I was now on the 20% Discount for my Electric. Very easy done so if you think you qualify give it a try.

cuddlepop
19-Nov-08, 16:43
Its a brilliant idea and I'm thankfull they offer something but would rather see a weekly reduction.:(

Thumper
19-Nov-08, 18:29
Thanks for the info Julia,I called and they are sending me out a form in 15 days,didnt get as helpful as person as kodiak did [lol] but hopefully save some money! x

poppett
20-Nov-08, 17:53
Ormlie Heat did all the hard work for us, and we got a new fridge freezer for £50 because ours was using too much power.