PDA

View Full Version : John Sergeant pulls out!

Lavenderblue2
19-Nov-08, 13:13
Oh dear, pressure has driven John S to pull out (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7737447.stm)of Strickly Come Dancing.

Whilst I thought it was a pity when better dancers had to leave when he stayed, there was something very endearing about dear John - I imagine he is a really nice person, he's got such a good sense of humour.

I bet he thought all his Christmases had come at once partnering the beautiful Kristina Rihanoff! ;)

I don't know if anybody remembers one of those 'out take' programmes where John took a terrible fit of the giggles when he should have been conducting a serious interview - it was priceless.

I'll miss them both.

anneoctober
19-Nov-08, 13:39
Oh no! For heavens sake its only an entertainment show.....:roll:

Kodiak
19-Nov-08, 14:11
I agree it an Entertainment Show and it is Extremely Bad that he has been put under this type of Pressure, from the Judges and other people, to Resign from the show.

The Public were voting him to stay and that is all that counts as it is the Public who are paying and they wanted him to stay.

buffy
19-Nov-08, 14:23
I agree, its a shame as the majority of the public wanted him to stay even if he was not the best.

I don't blame him for pulling out after the disgusting way some of the other dancers were slagging him though....:~(

Gizmo
19-Nov-08, 14:29
That was John Sargent?....i thought it was Jo Brand just looking a bit rougher than usual :lol:

starry
19-Nov-08, 14:31
They are very alike aren't they :lol:

I think he did the right thing pulling out but I will miss him, to be honest I only watched because he was on.

mccaugm
19-Nov-08, 15:08
That was John Sargent?....i thought it was Jo Brand just looking a bit rougher than usual :lol:

They appeared together once, think it was the BBC's One Show...the resemblance was uncanny.

Jimbo
19-Nov-08, 17:41
Sorry Starry, but I disagree with you !!
John should still be IN the competition The public just love him, I think he felt pressured into pulling out - he should've stayed. I'm sure the best dancers WILL be there for the final.

percy toboggan
19-Nov-08, 18:06
I simply detest the way this prog. is referred to merely as 'Strictly' by middle-class media types as though everyone knows what they're talking about.

It's pap...sequined pap...if I'm in of a satdee neet it's strictly 'X' Factor, or an early evenin' kip!

Sargent is a good bloke - I read his auto-biography a year or three back. He is also shrewd and this move is well timed - he's due on a cruise liner in two weeks time to deliver some after dinner type stuff. (no, not apple pie and custard)

His career will now be stellar, and good on him for he's an amiable soul with a face a dog wouldn't lick - much like myself although I'm not amiable.

I came on here to discuss the leaking of the BNP members list but it's been outflanked.... out-ranked by Sargent! :roll:
(get it?)

Errogie
19-Nov-08, 21:50
He had a lot going for him just because he wasn't young, good looking or possesed of any particular talent and I'm sure will be one of the best memories of the show.