PDA

View Full Version : thurso traffic lights

wicker
25-Jan-06, 11:34
What is with the new traffic light system in thurso now, its rubbish!! Hardly any cars get through before the lights have changed colour yet again, Took about 4 changes this morning for me to get through.

crashbandicoot1979
25-Jan-06, 15:35
Which traffic lights do you mean? The lights at somerfield are terrible, and so are the lights in the centre of the town. The lights in the centre take ages and the lights at somerfield are all wrong. When you come in to the town past the Park Hotel and try to turn right at the lights, you end up stuck in the middle for ages! Its absolute bedlam trying to get though there at 5.00 at night!

wicker
25-Jan-06, 15:56
Both sets, but the ones at somerfields is without a doubt the worst

Saveman
25-Jan-06, 16:34
The row of traffic waiting at the Somerfield lights at 0850 this morning extended right up to the Park Hotel. There was a lot of worried looking faces in those cars!

JAWS
25-Jan-06, 16:47
It's a deliberate policy to encourage you to use Public Transport!

Phoebus_Apollo
25-Jan-06, 16:53
I have contacted my local councillor and asked him to investigate the situation regarding the traffic lights, he is in the process of trying to contact Bear scotland to recify the issue.

You can contact your councillor here (http://www.highland.gov.uk/landaintra/members/index.htm#yc)