PDA

View Full Version : travel to inverness

janemac
19-Nov-08, 10:51
Hi there,

What's the best way to travel from Lybster to Inverness Airport?
Got to get my brother-in-law there this afternoon and we are trying to find out the cheapest way...

I have looked at the bus and it's approx £15
Train is from Helmsdale so would have to get there first... and that's approx £15
Was going to hire a car but that's far too expensive...

Has anyone been on train/bus and which would you recommend?
Also, does the Highland Pass make it much cheaper to travel on train and bus?

Gizmo
19-Nov-08, 11:03
At this late notice you won't find anything cheaper then the bus, that is unless you want to stand outside the Portland Arms Hotel with a sign that says 'Inverness Airport Please':p

janemac
19-Nov-08, 11:07
hahahhaaa you are right Gizmo... I was just wondering for future really what is better, rail or bus... :Razz

Gizmo
19-Nov-08, 11:23
I personally take the train when possible, it takes longer, but i always pre-book a table seat so that i have some room to move and eat, i always feel like a sardine on the bus.

One thing to look out for when booking train tickets is that nowadays it's generally cheaper to book 2 single tickets for a return journey.

ciderally
19-Nov-08, 11:58
I personally take the train when possible, it takes longer, but i always pre-book a table seat so that i have some room to move and eat, i always feel like a sardine on the bus.

One thing to look out for when booking train tickets is that nowadays it's generally cheaper to book 2 single tickets for a return journey.

wow ...always thought it was better to get a return, and noticed on q-jump the other day that they were recommmending to get singles..changed days...

starry
19-Nov-08, 12:09
I did see that on It Pays To Watch the other night.