PDA

View Full Version : Dog names.

joxville
18-Nov-08, 00:08
What do you think is a cool name for a dog? I think Floyed is pretty cool, if a boxer or pug. Tyson for a yorkie is stoopid. I knew a dog called Barbara but thats another story. :cool:

Anne x
18-Nov-08, 00:12
I have a Cocker Bitch she is called Gabby her Kennel Name is Gabriella of the Hall and she is Gabby just like her owner :lol:

MadPict
18-Nov-08, 00:17
Always liked děleas - gaelic for loyal...

Loyal | děleas |d’ji:ləs| djee:las

ciderally
18-Nov-08, 00:18
iv had .....Tojo ..... Muffin ..... Jet ....Bingo ....Lucky ....Tomas ....FoxyLady

friends dogs... Rommel and Monty

joxville
18-Nov-08, 00:20
Always liked děleas - gaelic for loyal...

Loyal | děleas |d’ji:ləs| djee:las

My ex-wife had a yorkie wi' that name. Yappy, snappy little sod it was too, thankfully the owner wisnae like that. :D

Whitewater
18-Nov-08, 00:21
What do you think is a cool name for a dog? I think Floyed is pretty cool, if a boxer or pug. Tyson for a yorkie is stoopid. I knew a dog called Barbara but thats another story. :cool:

I knew a bitch called Barbara as well.

bettedaviseyes
18-Nov-08, 00:21
i'm getting a pup in 6 weeks calling him dexter.......

chris.chalmers
18-Nov-08, 00:34
Ask it for the name. Someone asks you whats your dogs name you reply Ask it.

Kodiak
18-Nov-08, 00:36
We used to have a Springer Spaniel called "Diogenes Alejandro Xenos"

We called him "DAX" for short :D

joxville
18-Nov-08, 00:43
I used to have a samoyed called Kaya but for the life of me I canna remember her Kennel Club name, it was something Russian or Scandinavian. Here she is, next to handsome old me.

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1121/personal001jp9.jpg

Anne x
18-Nov-08, 00:49
Now where is that Bucket >>>>>>>>>>>>>> found it :lol:

Kevin Milkins
18-Nov-08, 01:48
My sons Lab is named Harvey, but they call him Dave.:confused(Dont ask)

wifie
18-Nov-08, 02:25
Now where is that Bucket >>>>>>>>>>>>>> found it :lol:
Do you have a lot of buckets or are you passin round the same one?

changilass
18-Nov-08, 02:27
Eeewwwww I hopes you is cleaning it in between passes

wifie
18-Nov-08, 02:29
Changi can I joost ask as I am passin - what IS yer avatar?

TBH
18-Nov-08, 03:35
What do you think is a cool name for a dog? I think Floyed is pretty cool, if a boxer or pug. Tyson for a yorkie is stoopid. I knew a dog called Barbara but thats another story. :cool:Aye, Barbara ripped your heart from your chest cavity and made you watch as she fried it in olive oil whilst laughing hysterically.,

wifie
18-Nov-08, 03:37
Aye, Barbara ripped your heart from your chest cavity and made you watch as she fried it in olive oil whilst laughing hysterically.,

I knew it! I knew Jox was heartless! (And TBH you watch too many horror films!)

Sapphire2803
18-Nov-08, 10:03
Ok then, I'm staying over here by the door cos yer all loopy! ;)

Anyhoo...

Proper dog's name:
I had a GSD who's kennel name was Nightbreed Cujo, I called him Ben.

Now I have a border collie called Samson the Dounreay wonder dog (Sam) and a GSD called Pandywoo the ninja numpty (Zander)
Those aren't kennel names, that's just what they're called.

...and I said you lot were loopy? :confused

Oh and my friend has a dog called Deefer (D fer dog) and a cat called Seefer (C fer cat) :roll:

arana negra
18-Nov-08, 10:54
Way back then when I was young we had a spaniel called Nigger, he was brown. I have since had 2 Sheps' both male collies Sheba another male and Holly a pom female (from up Huntly way) and now Scallywag also female.

I knew a Tyson a cute looking little meant to be white poodle (she was always in the muck) with a horrendous nature if it took a dislike to you.

floyed
18-Nov-08, 11:24

I think Floyed is a pretty cool name to:lol:;)

changilass
18-Nov-08, 11:34
Changi can I joost ask as I am passin - what IS yer avatar?

Its our Newfie, Murphy, who has been christmasised thanks to Lizz.

northener
18-Nov-08, 13:48
I had a greyhound called Nookie.

His full name racing name was 'Nook View Champ', but everyone called him Nookie.
When we retired him and brought him home, we used to get some strange looks on the beach whilst shouting "Nookie!":Razz

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=nook+view+champ&sex=&color=&birthyear=&birthland=

Kevin would be a good name for a dog.

hotrod4
18-Nov-08, 13:53
I had a greyound called Nookie.

His full name racing name was 'Nook View Champ', but everyone called him Nookie.
When we retired him and brought him home, we used to get some strange looks on the beach whilst shouting "Nookie!":Razz

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=nook+view+champ&sex=&color=&birthyear=&birthland=

Is having a greyhound not a tad TOO stereotypical northerner????[lol]

By the way I love greyhounds but wife wont let me have on as I have spent enough on them over the years to finance a small country! :)

Dazarch
18-Nov-08, 14:27
we had a white alsation called emma, then a Bull Terrier called Stella, she was a little bit mental took a dislike to women and now we have Archie kennel name Charue Brown

skinnydog
18-Nov-08, 14:38
I am loving the greyhound called Nookie. I would give anyone a double take too if they were shouting that anywhere!!

I have had a Mungo (after Mary, Mungo and Midge) - who remembers that programme? and a Scampi. Mungo was a beagle and was a right roamer, if you let him out of your sight on a walk he was off. Came home in the police car many a time, that was back in the days when bobbies knew who's dog was who and didn't mind. He used to love being in the back seat, standing up and looking over the bobbies shoulders. Makes me laugh now just thinking of him. He was dead proud getting a lift in the cop car!!

rockchick
18-Nov-08, 15:30
We had a German Shorthair Pointer we called Rocky...cuz he looked like he was full of rocks, I suppose (lots of spots on his coat). Now I have a Jack Russell/spaniel cross that we've named Cleo, as she has kohl around her eyes. If she'd been a boy we'd have named him Thornton, as she's toffee coloured!

porshiepoo
18-Nov-08, 15:36
Gawd, we've had many dogs. lol.
My pride and joy who passed away this year :( was called Baileywaileywoowoo (because he'd howl and go woowoowoo) at home but his kc name was Elsimba Son of Zorro at Arosini (gobfull innit. lol)
Had a GSD named Cash who's KC name was MillJohn Quest.
Got a GSD now called Atlas & 1 called Buick ( had a thing about car names I think. Also had a porsha and a Mercedes). Have a Shih Tzu called Kasa (got changed from Suzie when we got her) and a Yorkie called Gizmo ( yep, Gremlins were big at the time).
Had a Dane called Porsha, kc name Khunrath Dylis at Arosini. Also had a Dane called Eevie KC name Arosini Aventurine. Another Dane called Beau (can't remember his KC name though, and I bred him :eek:) and a Dane called Kiya (oops can't remember his KC name either).
Had a GSD called Satan - soooooooo predictable.

Next year I'm hoping to get a new Dane puppy as it's just not the same without a Dane around and I have a name already picked out - Winston. Wanted to call Woowoo that but it didn't suit him when I got him home.

And that's not all of em either.

wifie
18-Nov-08, 16:13
Its our Newfie, Murphy, who has been christmasised thanks to Lizz.
Ooooooooh! So that is Murphy! I can see it now - thank you! :)

cuddlepop
18-Nov-08, 16:33
We have our cross beardie/border collie who had been called banjo which in actual fact suits him perfectly.

we called him Scorrie an adaptation of his original Corrie,Scorrie translates in Gaelic to the big skerry (hill) we think scary's more appropriate when he's in a stand off mode.:lol:
Dileas suppose to mean faithfull...only to herself.:lol:

jay
18-Nov-08, 16:45
father used to tell us a story about a man he knew he had a dog called Askit (like the headache powders) of course whenever anyone asked what the dogs name was he would reply and the person would bend down and repeat the question to the dog!

Julia
18-Nov-08, 16:47
My first dog was a Border Collie called Rhett

Cavalier King Charles spaniel called Bonny but her KC name was Alice Ebony Eyes

My first pug was called Bayley, KC name Winenbru Cocopah

Present pug is called Voula, her KC name being Lets Get Fizzical (ironic as she's fat, lazy and constantly on a diet)

Theodore the poodle but we call him Teddy, his KC name is Coolaulin One More Dance

Kevin Milkins
18-Nov-08, 17:19
I had a greyound called Nookie.

I hope not too many people agree with you on that name choice northener ,:eek:
you will be seeing me running around Reiss beach like a headless chicken.lol:lol:

muffin
18-Nov-08, 17:24
We have a rescue greyhound, an ex-racer, we call her Flash, open the gate and she's gone in a flash.

northener
18-Nov-08, 19:30
I hope not too many people agree with you on that name choice northener ,:eek:
you will be seeing me running around Reiss beach like a headless chicken.lol:lol:

Sit, Kevin, sit. Goood boy!

Fetch the stick, Kevin! Fetch the stick!

hotrod4
18-Nov-08, 19:37
Isnt one of Cider ally's dog names an offence? ;)

northener
18-Nov-08, 19:41
Isnt one of Cider ally's dog names an offence? ;)

Bingo?:confused

Kevin Milkins
18-Nov-08, 19:50
Sit, Kevin, sit. Goood boy!

Fetch the stick, Kevin! Fetch the stick!

Christ!!!!!..../// You sound like Mrs M.lol

hotrod4
18-Nov-08, 21:52
Bingo?:confused
Could be? ;) Maybe not.[lol]

Lolabelle
18-Nov-08, 22:23
I knew of a Staffordshire Terrier called "Chomp"
I always loved that.

Mine are Lola and Kruger, I didn't name either.
My BIL bred Lola and named the whole litter after cars, but I don't even know what a Lola is???
As for Kruger, Kruger National Park in SA. Both are Ridgebacks.
I had an Australian Terrier called Zac, after Zacheus in the Bible, who climbed a tree to see Jesus, as he was of small stature, and my Zac was little [lol]

Errogie
18-Nov-08, 23:13
According to James Thurber the famous cartoonist and dog person your dog's name should be distinctive and not likely to confuse the animal by being similar to any other word in common useage.

So, wait for it, he came up with "Stong"!

Have to say I've yet to come across anyone hollering that along the mall or on the beach.

northener
18-Nov-08, 23:38
According to James Thurber the famous cartoonist and dog person your dog's name should be distinctive and not likely to confuse the animal by being similar to any other word in common useage.

So, wait for it, he came up with "Stong"!

Have to say I've yet to come across anyone hollering that along the mall or on the beach.

Our last lurcher was called 'Leah' which sounds very similar to 'here'...which was a good thing as she would disappear for ages hunting. Eventually she'd come back, but if she'd caught a rabbit, a half-hour wrestling match would then begin as I tried to get the rabbit off her!

I've seen me literally rolling on the ground attempting to get a bad-tempered and stubborn lurcher into a headlock whilst trying to prise her jaws apart. She was a quarter English Bull Terrier - so you can imagine just how strong and bloody awkward she could be. Her idea of 'play' was to grab hold of my forearm, clamp down hard and pull me to the ground....

Then her name would invariably change to some words I couldn't possibly write here........:Razz

I still miss that bloody cantankerous thieving git.........

TBH
18-Nov-08, 23:44
Our last lurcher was called 'Leah' which sounds very similar to 'here'...which was a good thing as she would disappear for ages hunting. Eventually she'd come back, but if she'd caught a rabbit, a half-hour wrestling match would then begin as I tried to get the rabbit off her!

I've seen me literally rolling on the ground attempting to get a bad-tempered and stubborn lurcher into a headlock whilst trying to prise her jaws apart. She was a quarter English Bull Terrier - so you can imagine just how strong and bloody awkward she could be. Her idea of 'play' was to grab hold of my forearm, clamp down hard and pull me to the ground....

Then her name would invariably change to some words I couldn't possibly write here........:Razz

I still miss that bloody cantankerous thieving git.........Damn, I hope I never get that hungry that I would have to fight with the dog over a rabbit.[lol]

nellie
18-Nov-08, 23:48
I knew an optician who practiced in Wick he called his dog Useless[disgust]