PDA

View Full Version : Scally booked for op.

arana negra
17-Nov-08, 22:12
Our wee smasher is being spayed on Thursday morning, no food from breakfast the day before. I have never had a pet go for op before gonna be a wreck I think. All being well will get her home early evening same day.

carasmam
17-Nov-08, 23:15
It is awful when you are waiting to find out how it went, but she'll be fine. I'll be thinking of you and your wee pal on Thursday {{ :)}}

ciderally
18-Nov-08, 00:01
its a bigger op for female's....and take longer to recover...but she will be fine ....dont know about you though xx...your nerves will be in tatters by then sounds like ..but i wish you well and dont worry...let us know how she gets on xx

Liz
18-Nov-08, 13:46
Will be thinking of you and Scally and on Thursday. It's always a worry when your pet goes in for an op but she will be fine.

arana negra
18-Nov-08, 14:19
Thanks to all for posting, I will be ok when she is home safe and sound.

cuddlepop
18-Nov-08, 20:42
Thinking of you both on thursday.
Plenty TLC I think will be the order of the day for the two of you.:D

arana negra
19-Nov-08, 14:09
:( Scally was so reluctant to get up this morning and is still having a great struggle getting up and walking, so soon after the anti flamatory injections too. Looks like a trip to vet tonight.

anneoctober
19-Nov-08, 14:15
Poor Scally. My Ben is in there as we speak, - he looked SO sad when I left him :( Phoning at 3pm to see when I can get him home. I have to confess I could hardly sign the "consent" form for tears in my eyes........

arana negra
19-Nov-08, 14:28
So sorry to read your dog is at vets, I hope all goes well and you have him home again very soon (((((((((((anneoctober)))))))))))))

anneoctober
19-Nov-08, 23:15
So sorry to read your dog is at vets, I hope all goes well and you have him home again very soon (((((((((((anneoctober)))))))))))))
Ben is home ! All's well with the world ! Keep us posted on Scally :)

ciderally
20-Nov-08, 00:20
glad Ben is now in recovery...and all is well xx waiting on scally's news update xx

binbob
20-Nov-08, 11:48
thinking of u and scally today.hope all goes well.hugs for scally.x

Liz
20-Nov-08, 13:55
Ben is home ! All's well with the world ! Keep us posted on Scally :)

How is Ben doing? It is so awful when our pets are ill.

Hope Scally is okay.

arana negra
20-Nov-08, 19:04
Thanks everybody for your concern and good wishes for Scally. She home now, looking for sorry for herself and shivering a bit. Cuddled in her nest in cosy spot. Phew sigh of relief to have her home.

Liz
20-Nov-08, 19:20
Thanks everybody for your concern and good wishes for Scally. She home now, looking for sorry for herself and shivering a bit. Cuddled in her nest in cosy spot. Phew sigh of releif to have her home.
Awww bless her! Glad she is in recovery. Don't worry about the shivering as this is just due to the anaesthetic.

What did the Vet say about her lameness? Did it happen long after her injection and, if not, where was she injected?

The reason I ask it is possible the actual injection itself may have made her a bit tender. My cat Charly had a lot of injections when he was first diagnosed with a heart murmur and he was swollen and tender at the site of the injections.

Hopefully, she will be feeling a lot better by tomorrow.

Torvaig
20-Nov-08, 22:11
So glad she is back; keep us updated....:)

arana negra
20-Nov-08, 23:04
Anthesthetic seems to be all but worn off, she has had a few teaspoons of her meat been for a pee and back on her cosy bed. :)

carasmam
21-Nov-08, 01:21
Glad she is home recovering :) Let us know how she is doing {{{ }}}

arana negra
21-Nov-08, 08:43
Morning from me and Miss Scally, we spent the night on lounge floor all cosy in front of log burner. She took a while to settle, still a bit of 'where am I ,whats happened ' like and what on earth is thing round my neck ?

Once she setled down along side me she slept for quite a while then out for P big drink then back to bed. Been up again out for p had some breakfast and now cuddled up on cushion beside me. Wee monkey wants to jump up on sofa tut tut I can see she aint gonna be a good patient lol

cuddlepop
21-Nov-08, 09:47
Glad she's home and on the road to recovery.:D

anneoctober
21-Nov-08, 11:09
Morning from me and Miss Scally, we spent the night on lounge floor all cosy in front of log burner. She took a while to settle, still a bit of 'where am I ,whats happened ' like and what on earth is thing round my neck ?

Once she setled down along side me she slept for quite a while then out for P big drink then back to bed. Been up again out for p had some breakfast and now cuddled up on cushion beside me. Wee monkey wants to jump up on sofa tut tut I can see she aint gonna be a good patient lol
Good to hear that Scally is home and "functioning" ! Ben too has covered all of the above :lol: It's the eyes, sooo sad and mournful following me everywhere......[lol]

arana negra
21-Nov-08, 11:17
Aye the eyes get you don't they, Scally has diffuculty hearing with the collar on, the sound is funnelled, we need to be in front on her for her to see and hear us.

Glad your Ben is recovering too :)

ciderally
21-Nov-08, 18:35
so glad to hear all is well...and things getting back to normal xx

arana negra
22-Nov-08, 16:51
Thanks again for posts, Scally is again brighter today eating and drinking fine, been for short walk to get 'things' moving :D wound is looking good 5 staples clean and much bruising showing.

carasmam
22-Nov-08, 17:02
Good to hear both ends are working fine ;) That is always a good sign :)

arana negra
26-Nov-08, 19:29
Update !!!! Scally been to see her friend the vet, he took out all the staples and she is now collar and harnass free, she wagged her tail throughout the meeting. The vet is happy with her recover, reminded us to use collar if she gets too interested in the wound site but other than that go play :-)

As to her possible/probably arthritis, we will deal with it for the moment as and when. If gets worse will look into it further.

Thanks for all help inquiries and posts.

Val and Scally

binbob
26-Nov-08, 20:07
great news...well done to u both.:D

arana negra
27-Nov-08, 09:26
Thanks binbob.

A good night for all, Scally went straight to her cosy cage we made for the kennels, ( she didn't like it with her collar on) snuggled down and stayed there all night. My husband had a bit persuading to do before she got up to go out this morning (cannae blame her I liked my bed this morning to) With no noise/sound distortion she slept well, has had her normal breakfast and has found the cosy spot in front of the fire :)

anneoctober
27-Nov-08, 10:50
Thanks binbob.

A good night for all, Scally went straight to her cosy cage we made for the kennels, ( she didn't like it with her collar on) snuggled down and stayed there all night. My husband had a bit persuading to do before she got up to go out this morning (cannae blame her I liked my bed this morning to) With no noise/sound distortion she slept well, has had her normal breakfast and has found the cosy spot in front of the fire :)
glad to hear your wee wifie is on the mend ! I'd like to be cosy by the fire this morning too.....................;) Ben is on top o e world!![lol]

Liz
27-Nov-08, 13:37
I am really chuffed to hear that both Scally and Ben are doing so well.:D

arana negra
27-Nov-08, 14:10
Here are 2 not very good quality photos of Scally one before her op when she was struggling to walk and shivering, all cosy in her towel and one about half an hour ago ! how can you be comfy like that lol !!!

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/500/Cosy_Scally_rs.jpg

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/500/Scally_relaxing.jpg

Liz
27-Nov-08, 15:03
Oh bless her she is such a wee sweetie. I was nearly kissing the screen!:lol:

cuddlepop
27-Nov-08, 17:12
The second photo.s a cracker,she looks so full of life and fun in that one.:D

anneoctober
28-Nov-08, 00:30
Here are 2 not very good quality photos of Scally one before her op when she was struggling to walk and shivering, all cosy in her towel and one about half an hour ago ! how can you be comfy like that lol !!!

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/500/Cosy_Scally_rs.jpg

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/500/Scally_relaxing.jpg
tsk tsk scally - no very lady like !! She's looking well though :D