PDA

View Full Version : Dressmaker in the Wick area

Iffy
17-Nov-08, 19:15
Hi,

I have a big family wedding coming up in March of next year, and, due to the fact that most family members on my husband's side I have never met before, I would like to look my best:confused

I am hoping to alter my wedding dress, which is pure silk and from some 11 years ago. into a two piece which I would also like dyed. It was originally "champagne" and I would hope to have it dyed lilac...... anyone help me ???

telfordstar
17-Nov-08, 21:37
I would say maybe pop into the shop in demster street indulgence i think its called the lady there will propably be able to help. Shes here on the org as well so maybe she might get in contact with you about this for the life of me i cant remember her name. Hope this helps

Iffy
17-Nov-08, 22:27
Thanks Telfordstar

That sounds good - hopefully she may notice this thread and leave a message ?

Nettie
19-Nov-08, 17:27
I have used Tickettyboo at John O'Groats. Anne altered a silk wedding
outfit for me and did a great job.

Anne Baker
01955 611240

ashaw1
20-Nov-08, 12:18
Hi!

I own the bridal shop in Dempster Street and would have no problem helping you if i can.

Dying dresses can be quite tricky as it's difficult to get the finish even. The other problem is that you usually find that the stitching won't dye as thread has a plastic coating. There is a high chance you will end up with a lilac dress with ivory stitching.

Hi,

I have a big family wedding coming up in March of next year, and, due to the fact that most family members on my husband's side I have never met before, I would like to look my best:confused

I am hoping to alter my wedding dress, which is pure silk and from some 11 years ago. into a two piece which I would also like dyed. It was originally "champagne" and I would hope to have it dyed lilac...... anyone help me ???

Iffy
22-Nov-08, 12:29
Thanks to Nettie and Adelle for your help.
Much appreciated !