PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Christmas guest

mccaugm
17-Nov-08, 18:59
As most folk that know me realise, my fantasy Christmas dinner guest would be none other than, Bond, James Bond aka Daniel Craig.

(See my avatar for details;))

Who would you love to have at your Christmas Dinner table?

Torvaig
17-Nov-08, 19:04
As most folk that know me realise, my fantasy Christmas dinner guest would be none other than, Bond, James Bond aka Daniel Craig.

I would have that fellow Jesus who started it all and ask him if the Christmas we endure now is what he wants for his birthday. :eek:

Lavenderblue2
17-Nov-08, 19:21
What a wonderful answer Torvaig :) I am sure that He'd tell us that over spending and self indulgence isn't what He wants for us.

Jesus is exactly who I would choose - I have a lovely story in my bookcase called The Christmas Guest - I wish you could read it.

Kodiak
17-Nov-08, 19:31
I would have my Mother-in-law, not possible as she passed away quite some time ago, but she and I had so many happy times talking that I still miss her.

arana negra
17-Nov-08, 19:44
Thats an easy one to answer, my dad :D but he has no passport.

Julia
17-Nov-08, 20:11
My ideal guest would be someone who would otherwise be spending Christmas alone. That would make me very happy.

Blondie
17-Nov-08, 20:40
Thats a lovely thought Julia.

Lavenderblue2
17-Nov-08, 21:01
My ideal guest would be someone who would otherwise be spending Christmas alone. That would make me very happy.

This needn't be a fantasy Julia - if you really want to do this then contact Help the Aged, the Salvation Army etc. They would be able to help you to make a lonely person happy this Christmas.

changilass
17-Nov-08, 21:07
My ideal guest would be Gordon Ramsey - save me having to cook.

joxville
17-Nov-08, 21:08
The wee cracker who graces my avatar. :)

Julia
17-Nov-08, 21:43
This needn't be a fantasy Julia - if you really want to do this then contact Help the Aged, the Salvation Army etc. They would be able to help you to make a lonely person happy this Christmas.

Thank you for that, I did mention this a year or two ago on the org, I'm definitely going to contact Help the Aged.

telfordstar
17-Nov-08, 21:45

Ats exactly what i would say then kim and aggie to tidy up afterwards.

Boss
17-Nov-08, 22:26

My fantasy dinner guests would include but not limited to, are Gordon Brown Pm (without his good wife mouth piece), Alex Salmond (Our First Minister) our Rural Affairs Minister Mr. Lochhead MSP and SNP and last but not least the very man we all love to dislike the crofting minister Michael Russell heesel,

my first question to all concerned would be ; what yer right onerable self is your recipe for success for the average Scottish Crofter?

To Gordon Brown I would ask; are there many more like you? ex accoutants willing to take over the world? and the small Scottish Tenant?

We know of course, that there are but of those who exactly among them regularly shake hands with this Prime specieman of humanity,
and Mrs. Broon we don't need your input on this matter.
To Michael Russell, I would ask, where Sir are your morals?
Do you take into account in your daily business affairs all that goes on in all seven old counties?
and if you are, what is your solution / recipe for such disruption on certain small isles? or are you in there with the Broons?
I would have only one or two thing to say to our own Richard -Rural Affairs meenister, 1, what are you doing?
2, do you know what you are doing?

joxville
17-Nov-08, 23:01
My fantasy dinner guests would include but not limited to, are Gordon Brown Pm (without his good wife mouth piece), Alex Salmond (Our First Minister) our Rural Affairs Minister Mr. Lochhead MSP and SNP and last but not least the very man we all love to dislike the crofting minister Michael Russell heesel,

my first question to all concerned would be ; what yer right onerable self is your recipe for success for the average Scottish Crofter?

To Gordon Brown I would ask; are there many more like you? ex accoutants willing to take over the world? and the small Scottish Tenant?

We know of course, that there are but of those who exactly among them regularly shake hands with this Prime specieman of humanity,
and Mrs. Broon we don't need your input on this matter.
To Michael Russell, I would ask, where Sir are your morals?
Do you take into account in your daily business affairs all that goes on in all seven old counties?
and if you are, what is your solution / recipe for such disruption on certain small isles? or are you in there with the Broons?
I would have only one or two thing to say to our own Richard -Rural Affairs meenister, 1, what are you doing?
2, do you know what you are doing?

Wi' a' those cool cats I'll bet that party is really swingin'. Ye ken how tae enjoy yersel'. [lol]

flyfifer
17-Nov-08, 23:42
What a wonderful answer Torvaig :) I am sure that He'd tell us that over spending and self indulgence isn't what He wants for us.

Jesus is exactly who I would choose - I have a lovely story in my bookcase called The Christmas Guest - I wish you could read it.

Lavenderblue, is this the story?

http://www.willoughbyontheweb.com/christmas/story_christmas_guest.htm

It is lovely x

Lavenderblue2
18-Nov-08, 08:39
That's it Flyfifer - in the book I have Helen S/R writes a preface.
I typed the whole thing out last night with the idea of putting it on the Lit page but I felt it was too long.

Thank you for the link - I'm glad you like the story too. :)

kitty kat
18-Nov-08, 10:43
i really love the idea of having an elderly person round for dinner i live miles away from my nan and miss the tales and to many children go without the tales of yester year

just wondering has any one done this before ?

how would i go about doing this?

whats one more person for your christmas lunch and it would mean the world to them

arana negra
18-Nov-08, 11:01
I am a member of a friendship site, some of the members put out an invitation to other members who are for whatever reasons home alone at Christmas/New Year to share the day. Over the years I have been on the site many have been delighted to have company at that time.

floyed
18-Nov-08, 11:23
Mines would have to be my dad and Justin Timbersnake hehe!

Julia
18-Nov-08, 12:28
i really love the idea of having an elderly person round for dinner i live miles away from my nan and miss the tales and to many children go without the tales of yester year

just wondering has any one done this before ?

how would i go about doing this?

whats one more person for your christmas lunch and it would mean the world to them

I would like to know how to go about this too, I had a look at the help the aged website but could see nothing local as a place of contact.

I appreciate any advice too

hotrod4
18-Nov-08, 13:56
I would love to have Rev.Ian Paisley over for dinner. It would be a bit loud but at least he would keep the kids quiet for a While![lol]

Boss
18-Nov-08, 14:20
Wi' a' those cool cats I'll bet that party is really swingin'. Ye ken how tae enjoy yersel'. [lol]

Aye, it would be swinging-------????...... from a very high tree.
:lol:

mccaugm
18-Nov-08, 14:27
Pretty sure I said this last year but a few years ago a friend of mine was going to be spending Christmas with her son on her own. I found this sad as she has 5 brothers and sisters and her dad and stepmother. I asked my mum if we could invite her to our Christmas celebrations, my mother loved the idea. We bought presents for her and her little boy and they were treated as ordinary members of the family. One of the best Christmases I have ever had. Still cannot fathom why her family did not invite her though...very sad. If you can invite an extra person who would otherwise be alone, be they old or young, do it....its Christmas after all.

Sporran
18-Nov-08, 18:36

I think Dame Edna Everage would make a very entertaining guest. She'd probably have us all in stitches, LOL! I'd give her a Stratton powder compact for Christmas, but I've a feeling she probably has one already. Perhaps she'd like the 'Her Majesty' edition, seeing as she claims to be a friend and confidante of the Queen. Maybe I could order a custom made one with pictures of both Dame Edna *and* the Queen on it! ;) I'm sure she'd love that!! :lol:

http://www.woodsofshropshire.co.uk/shop/ladies-accessories/compacts-from-stratton-powder-compacts-ladies-compacts/her-majesty-convertible-stratton-compact

purplelady
19-Nov-08, 00:50
Mine would be the orginal pupper lover donny osmond all my mates know how crazy i am about him x

percy toboggan
19-Nov-08, 18:10
I would happily settle for my Mum & Dad....
as that is the ultimate fantasy (both died late nineteen seventies)
then I would settle for er.....

nah...like the turkey...stuff 'em all.

I'm meeting new people Xmas day anyway - future son-in-laws parents.

alanatkie
19-Nov-08, 19:23
From past - it would be my Granny, so she could meet my OH & my kids as she passed away when i was 13.
From Present - it would be my mates that have moved of to Glasgow & Milton Keynes - haven't seen them in years

percy toboggan
19-Nov-08, 19:42
From Present - it would be my mates that have moved of to Glasgow & Milton Keynes - haven't seen them in years

As I understand it many people have moved to Milton Keynes, never to be seen again! It's a place which can swallow you whole... and one tends to stay swallowed , hemmed in by roundabouts and soul-less streets which are called anything but. <street>

sweetpea
20-Nov-08, 00:06

I'd like Shrek and Fiona to come and Slade to provide the entertainment. Obviously bringing back from the dead would be good too. :)

Venture
20-Nov-08, 10:36

It seems Daniel has been knocked of the top spot by this adonis.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1087587/Aussie-hunk-Hugh-Jackman-voted-Sexiest-Man-Alive--007-Daniel-Craig-follows-close-behind.html

mccaugm
20-Nov-08, 10:54
It seems Daniel has been knocked of the top spot by this adonis.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1087587/Aussie-hunk-Hugh-Jackman-voted-Sexiest-Man-Alive--007-Daniel-Craig-follows-close-behind.html

Cute but much too hairy...last time I saw him he had metal rods coming out of his hands...???

Ricco
21-Nov-08, 20:55
It would have to be Joanna Lumley - fascinating woman.

loobyloo
22-Nov-08, 01:57
My family, providing they're not tearing lumps out of each other............. Also, David Bowie (no explanation required for Bowie fans), Van Morrison (but he's not allowed to be grumpy and he has to do a turn), Kings of Leon....

Let's face it, I'm just looking for free entertainment.

And Nick Nairn to cook. Can't think of a dishwasher at the moment......oh aye, that Kim and Aggie women: the could criticise the hoose on Christmas Eve and tidy it up on Boxing Day!!!