PDA

View Full Version : Wiccans

TBH
17-Nov-08, 16:11
Is there such a thing as a good witch, Should we hang them or burn them?

wifie
17-Nov-08, 16:16
Did you not watch "Bewitched" when you were little? Mind you no so sure about her mother! :confused
(My nose keeps wigglin! ;))

trix
17-Nov-08, 16:31
Is there such a thing as a good witch, ?

absolutely!!

Should we hang them or burn them ?

neither, we should appreciate their guid work....mind, dina knock what ye da understand!

harm ye none, do as ye will....;)

an even if ye think it is a lot o' horseshite, wur happy - LEAVE US ALONE!!! [evil]

Thumper
17-Nov-08, 16:40
Well said Trix....I totally agree with you,leave people be and let them get on with what they want,as long as it isnt hurting anyone wheres the harm?x

Anne x
17-Nov-08, 16:45
[quote=wifie;459465]Did you not watch "Bewitched" when you were little? Mind you no so sure about here mother! :confused
(My nose keeps wigglin! ;))[/quote

Every good home should have one or was that my My In Law :lol:

Kodiak
17-Nov-08, 16:49
Neither, what we should do is to Celebrate that as a Society we can accept and embrace all different types People and Religions, no matter witch (which) one you belong to.

Aaldtimer
17-Nov-08, 16:53
This song may be of interest here!

BURNING TIMES

In the cool of the evening, they used to gather,
'neath the stars in the meadow circling an old oak tree.
At the times appointed by the seasons of the earth and
the phases of the moon.
In the center, often stood a woman, equal with the others
respected for her word.
One of the many they call the witches, the healers and
the teachers of the wisdom of the Earth.
And the people grew in the knowledge she gave them,
herbs to heal their bodies, smells to make their spirits whole.
Hear them chanting healing incantations, calling for the wise ones
celebrating in dance and song.
Isis, Astarte, Diana, Hecate, Demeter, Kali, Inanna

There were those who came to power, through domination.
They were bonded in their worship of a dead man on a cross.
They sought control of the common people by demanding allegiance
to the church of Rome.
And the Pope he commenced the inquisition, as war against the women
whose powers they feared.
In this holocaust, in this age of evil, nine million European
women they died.
And a tale is told of those who by the hundreds, holding hands together
chose their deaths in the sea.
While chanting the praises of the Mother Goddess, their refusal of betrayal
women were dying to be free.

Now the Earth is a witch, and we still burn her. Stripping her down
with mining and the poison from our wars.
Still to us the Earth is a healer, a teacher and a mother.
The weaver of a web of light that keeps us all alive.
She gives us the vision to see through the chaos,
she gives us the courage, it is our will to survive!

Thomas Farmer
17-Nov-08, 17:19
Great grannie Farmer wis known till cast e' ould spell or two, she wid also gie oot potions an be e' midwifie till e' mithers o Duxie an later Cairndunha.
I wonder if her gift passes doon through E' generations?

Gizmo
17-Nov-08, 17:22
Personally i think it's a load o hocus pocus, but each to their own, and if i hed tae pick i'd say there is such a thing as a good Witch, Trix is a fine criytter :)

trix
17-Nov-08, 17:25
Great grannie Farmer wis known till cast e' ould spell or two, she wid also gie oot potions an be e' midwifie till e' mithers o Duxie an later Cairndunha.

ken fit they say tommy, fits borne in 'e bones....;)

trix
17-Nov-08, 17:28
Personally i think it's a load o hocus pocus, but each to their own, and if i hed tae pick i'd say there is such a thing as a good Witch, Trix is a fine criytter :)

cheers gizmo....

do ye mind 'e nite i read yer cairds? ;)

TBH
17-Nov-08, 17:28
So if they brought back the burning of witches they wouldn't be harming them by purifying their souls in the flames.

trix
17-Nov-08, 17:34
So if they brought back the burning of witches they wouldn't be harming them by purifying their souls in the flames.

no, but if it wis a true witch at 'e stake, 'e match strikers family wid be cursed as long as they were alive [evil]

...says 'e guid witch :lol:

TBH
17-Nov-08, 17:38
no, but if it wis a true witch at 'e stake, 'e match strikers family wid be cursed as long as they were alive [evil]

...says 'e guid witch :lol:So, if you were burning at the stake would you curse the match striker?

Gleber2
17-Nov-08, 17:44
Most certainly, I would say.

TBH
17-Nov-08, 17:48
Most certainly, I would say.Have you got the gift, Gleber2?

anneoctober
17-Nov-08, 17:55
Without exception, every Wiccan that I have met has been genuinely kind and loving of both me and my family. Mother Earth and her flora & fauna are safe in their hands.:)
Naughty TBH ..............:~(

Gizmo
17-Nov-08, 17:56
cheers gizmo....

do ye mind 'e nite i read yer cairds? ;)

Noh really....ah wiz kinda pished :lol:

justine
17-Nov-08, 18:01

No, but imagine the effect it would have on the ozone layer, co emmissions and all.:D

percy toboggan
17-Nov-08, 18:38
I have much time for the followers of Paganism.
Unless they are bandwagon jumpers who just want to latch onto anything 'alternative'
Druidism is the only 'religion' which really appeals to me..although I'm not mithered enough to want to take it up....I just like trees...especially dead or bare ones.

Dunno if yer joking or not with the thread but many good people were burnt in centuries past....due largely to superstition and general dimness.

(he was the witchfinder general hereabouts c. 1580)

floyed
17-Nov-08, 18:42
I believe in good witches, one is a good friend o mine and i have a little one of my own sure Trix x;)

trix
17-Nov-08, 18:52
and i have a little one of my own sure Trix x;)

indeed ye hev ;)

router
17-Nov-08, 20:09

most practicing witches are good folk,it's only the christians and their like that painted them up as being wicked or in cahouts wi awld nick.
it's the ones that hound them that need burning

changilass
17-Nov-08, 20:36
As with anything else, there is good and bad in all walks of life.

ianmac
17-Nov-08, 20:48

I'd go for burning. What with the cost of fuel nowadays.

Gizmo
17-Nov-08, 20:54

Eh...that might have been funny if you had gotten it right ;)

ianmac
17-Nov-08, 20:59
Eh...that might have been funny if you had gotten it right ;)

Or even funnier if you'd noticed what I'd done !

Gizmo
17-Nov-08, 21:22

Well, looks like you're going to have to explain it to me as i don't get what's funny about what you said, if you had said "I'd go for Hanging. What with the cost of fuel nowadays" then i'd have laughed, what am i missing from your post?

cuddlepop
17-Nov-08, 21:38
Some of the nicest people I know are Wiccans.:D

Gizmo
17-Nov-08, 21:44
Some of the nicest people I know are Wiccans.:D

I think you'll find it's pronounced Wickers :lol:

gleeber
17-Nov-08, 22:23
I must admit Ive known a few old witches in my time. I dunno if they had any gifts but they had plenty spells.:eek:
Seems like a nice religion. Nothing like a good delusion.:lol:

Dorrie
17-Nov-08, 22:28
I was surprised recently to find that quite a few of a group of my friends (from south) are Wiccans. One posted something on our forum and before I knew it there were quite a few people who, if not actively involved, had been at handfastings and such like.
For me too, this would be one of the few religions that would appeal. :)

TBH
17-Nov-08, 22:35
most practicing witches are good folk,it's only the christians and their like that painted them up as being wicked or in cahouts wi awld nick.
it's the ones that hound them that need burning
I take it you know all the "witches" in your county to make that claim?

ianmac
17-Nov-08, 22:51
Well, looks like you're going to have to explain it to me as i don't get what's funny about what you said, if you had said "I'd go for Hanging. What with the cost of fuel nowadays" then i'd have laughed, what am i missing from your post?

Dammit, just noticed myself how much I messed that one up !
Sheesh, 2 postings and I've already got one wrong.
Think I'll go back to lurking.

Gizmo
17-Nov-08, 23:20
Dammit, just noticed myself how much I messed that one up !
Sheesh, 2 postings and I've already got one wrong.
Think I'll go back to lurking.

Practice makes perfect youngling :lol:

TBH
17-Nov-08, 23:39
I have much time for the followers of Paganism.
Unless they are bandwagon jumpers who just want to latch onto anything 'alternative'
Druidism is the only 'religion' which really appeals to me..although I'm not mithered enough to want to take it up....I just like trees...especially dead or bare ones.

Dunno if yer joking or not with the thread but many good people were burnt in centuries past....due largely to superstition and general dimness.

(he was the witchfinder general hereabouts c. 1580)I don't think we should burn them or hang them.[lol] If someone attains spiritual happiness following the Wiccan religion then good for them, as Trix said, "Harm ye none, do what ye will."

ianmac
17-Nov-08, 23:40
Practice makes perfect youngling :lol:

Youngling!!! It'll take a real good witch to put me back in that category !

TBH
17-Nov-08, 23:53
Youngling!!! It'll take a real good witch to put me back in that category !Dinna worry ma loon, they are currently working on a way of combating the ageing process with the manipulation of gene p63 which they have discovered has a major influence on the ageing process.

wifie
17-Nov-08, 23:54
I think you got it right! :confused

wifie
18-Nov-08, 00:01
Neither, what we should do is to Celebrate that as a Society we can accept and embrace all different types People and Religions, no matter witch (which) one you belong to.
Kodiak I so wish we all could - why can we not - is this another unanswerable question?
Indeed the biggest unanswerable question is why do we have to find something to believe in? I feel attached to the land, the sea, the sky but I find no need to have a god (or goddess) to cling to.

Moira
18-Nov-08, 00:47
Dinna worry ma loon, they are currently working on a way of combating the ageing process ......

Congrats TBH on taking part in this experiment.

You've not aged one day since I met you in a previous lifetime ;)

TBH
18-Nov-08, 00:53
Congrats TBH on taking part in this experiment.

You've not aged one day since I met you in a previous lifetime ;)You have met me in a previous incarnation? That must have been a fulfilling experience for you.

golach
18-Nov-08, 00:56
I agree, instead 'o throw anither peat on 'e fire.....throw anither witch, just lek 'e fast reactor at Dounreay, from a one pound of one element, you get enough to light up 'e whole Kaitness, an a nice smell 'o roast beef as well[lol]

Kodiak
18-Nov-08, 01:04
Indeed the biggest unanswerable question is why do we have to find something to believe in?

Two answers to that

1. Organised religion was formed to control the masses by installing the fear of Hell and Damnation after death, if they did not do what they were told to by the Priests, Shaman, ets etc. But if you were good little girls and boys you went to heaven, nirvana, or whatever.

2. The fear of absolute Nothing, that there is nothing after death so the Human Race has to have a religion of some sort to belive in, otherwise most would just go mad.

For those of you who have read Robert A Heinlein Books, I Grok, do you Grok? Thou art GOD.

TBH
18-Nov-08, 01:11
Two answers to that

1. Organised religion was formed to control the masses by installing the fear of Hell and Damnation after death, if they did not do what they were told to by the Priests, Shaman, ets etc. But if you were good little girls and boys you went to heaven, nirvana, or whatever.So, do you beleive in the new world order controlling people through fear of terrorist organisations?

2. The fear of absolute Nothing, that there is nothing after death so the Human Race has to have a religion of some sort to belive in, otherwise most would just go mad.I doubt anyone would go mad but I believe that people feel they need to have something to believe in other than their own life experiece because they must think, "is this all there is to life"?

For those of you who have read Robert A Heinlein Books, I Grok, do you Grok? Thou art GOD.I am Asatru, I have no belief in other religions, i have no affinity to wiccan or any other pagan beliefs.

wifie
18-Nov-08, 01:15
I am Asatru, I have no belief in other religions, i have no affinity to wiccan or any other pagan beliefs.
Aha so you came here in a longboat TBH?

Whitewater
18-Nov-08, 01:46
(My nose keeps wigglin! ;))

I would love to see that nose wigglin. Hmmmmmmm

TBH
18-Nov-08, 03:00
Aha so you came here in a longboat TBH?Nope but I have found the one true way of living my life.

wifie
18-Nov-08, 03:20
Nope but I have found the one true way of living my life.
Well if that is true then I am happy for you. :)

TBH
18-Nov-08, 03:29
Well if that is true then I am happy for you. :)It's true, I am at peace with myself, that is all that matters to me.

wifie
18-Nov-08, 03:30
It's true, I am at peace with myself, that is all that matters to me.
I am not jokin now - that is a good place to be TBH.