PDA

View Full Version : James Ross, finalist....

Torvaig
17-Nov-08, 10:08
http://www.handsupfortrad.co.uk/tradmusicawards/

A duplicate posting I know but not every one goes into the music thread. Just thought I would put in a link to the voting site for the traditional music awards as our very own James Ross is in the finals; good luck James, you have a great talent! :)

pat
17-Nov-08, 17:28
Voted for James and best wishes to him

also noticed Catriona Watt - from Stornoway - and voted for this young lass too, thanks for the link.

TBH
17-Nov-08, 17:35
I have never heard the guy play so I wont be voting but wish him all the best and hope he wins and does Caithness proud.

maggie
17-Nov-08, 19:34
Hear! hear!
You've worked so hard, James. Hopefully now you will be recognised by everyone here for the talented guy you are. Best of luck (not that you'll need it)
Maggie

Errogie
17-Nov-08, 22:53
If you like lively fiddle playing you could cast a vote for my son Adam Sutherland who has also been nominated for some awards in the same event.

floyed
18-Nov-08, 00:07
Don't know him, but voted for him good luck!

TBH
18-Nov-08, 00:32
Don't know him, but voted for him good luck!I don't think you should vote for someone unless you have heard them play and have also heard the others in the competition, so that you can make a comparison and vote based on your unbiased opinion.

Errogie
18-Nov-08, 18:33
Most of these artists have a web site where you can listen to samples of their music and other information before you decide whether to cast an on line vote.

The Pepsi Challenge
18-Nov-08, 18:43
Canvassing started already?

hotrod4
18-Nov-08, 18:43
Most of these artists have a web site where you can listen to samples of their music and other information before you decide whether to cast an on line vote.
That certainly seems a more sensible way to go about things.
Have just listened to some tunes all I can say is Errogie WOW!!!!! There are some awesome tunes on there, not what I expected at all. Awesome stuff. :)

floyed
18-Nov-08, 20:01
I don't think you should vote for someone unless you have heard them play and have also heard the others in the competition, so that you can make a comparison and vote based on your unbiased opinion.

Well that is your opinion, if i want to vote for him i will, nothing to do with you or anyone else thank you very much:D

wifie
18-Nov-08, 20:20
Good idea Errogie - I can see where TBH was coming from but this is helpful!

Errogie
08-Dec-08, 22:58
I've just returned from the Hands Up for Trad Music awards in Glasgow's Old Fruit Market. A great night out and I was definitely in the rank of "Z" list celebrities. Unfortunately neither James, or Adam won the composers nomination that went to Blair Douglas the accordian player and composer of many fine tunes from Portree. I commisserated with them both afterwards but suspect they were probably relieved at not having to make the walk to the podium and give an acceptance speech under the t.v. cameras. Thanks to everyone who cast a vote for them.

The event is currently on BBC Alba and will be repeated again tomorrow evening, but I have to give a health warning, Caithness, there is a large Gaelic content! Adam got another award for the Band with the best live act, The Peatbog Fairies and his other band Session A9 with of course Wick's own Gordon Gunn did a spot during the evening.

Good viewing if you catch it again tomorrow!

Torvaig
08-Dec-08, 23:20
It's good for the boys to get the publicity and Blair Douglas is an old hand and writes some very good music.

I'm sure they enjoyed the experience. :)

ar1ling
09-Dec-08, 02:39
best wishes for you, james:D

trix
09-Dec-08, 03:02
Well that is your opinion, if i want to vote for him i will, nothing to do with you or anyone else thank you very much:D

guid for ye floyed...

anyway, he used til live roond 'e corner fie ye. if i explained til ye who he wis, ye wid ken him, he's yer age...;)

iv been til a few o' his concerts an he really is somethin else lek...comin fie a musical backgroond (cana sing a note or play a tune) i think am qualified in sayin that he deseved yer vote.

naturally i voted for him masel...

do ye think its unfair that i voted for him TBH, bearin in mind that i hevna heard 'e ither performers?