PDA

View Full Version : Bargain of the century???????

moose and Lindsay
16-Nov-08, 15:06
Is this the bargain of the century or what??????

We went to Inverness last week and my son had birthday money to spend and he wanted ps2 steering wheel and pedals

We went round every game shop we could find, but no luck, so we went to argos and typed in the number and none in stock, he was getting annoyed by this time [lol]

Then we passed currys and outside was a sign for ps2 games under a tenner, so he said i am going in there to c if they have any steering wheels and pedals

So he went upto the woman and said "Do u sell ps2 steering wheel and pedals"

The woman said, "I am not sure but i will go upto the store-room and c"

So we waited about 5 mins and she came with a box, it was a bit tatty on the bottom but we weren't bothered as it was coming straight out of the box when we got home

She said to a guy "How much is this, surely there is something off it with the box being a bit tatty"

So the guy scanned it and he said 47p

We said straight away we will have it :)

The woman was a bit shocked and said "But can we sell it for that"

But the guy said "Yes we have to"

My son was delighted

Best 47p ever spent

Anyone else had a bargain like that?

anneoctober
16-Nov-08, 15:20
Is this the bargain of the century or what??????

We went to Inverness last week and my son had birthday money to spend and he wanted ps2 steering wheel and pedals

We went round every game shop we could find, but no luck, so we went to argos and typed in the number and none in stock, he was getting annoyed by this time [lol]

Then we passed currys and outside was a sign for ps2 games under a tenner, so he said i am going in there to c if they have any steering wheels and pedals

So he went upto the woman and said "Do u sell ps2 steering wheel and pedals"

The woman said, "I am not sure but i will go upto the store-room and c"

So we waited about 5 mins and she came with a box, it was a bit tatty on the bottom but we weren't bothered as it was coming straight out of the box when we got home

She said to a guy "How much is this, surely there is something off it with the box being a bit tatty"

So the guy scanned it and he said 47p

We said straight away we will have it :)

The woman was a bit shocked and said "But can we sell it for that"

But the guy said "Yes we have to"

My son was delighted

Best 47p ever spent

Anyone else had a bargain like that?
Can I come christmas shopping with you.......????? :Razz

trix
16-Nov-08, 15:24
at wis a bargain :eek:

only bargains i pick up is books offa ebay for a penny :D

still got til pay delivery charge...even tho, still a bargain!

Bill Fernie
16-Nov-08, 17:04
Best one I had was a few months ago when I bought two fairly basic mobile phones from Tesco. I already had a smilar on and it is pay as you go.

the phones were on offer reduced from £19.95 to £9.95 and at the same time they had another offer on of a £10 top up on all phones. Well I thought at was pretty good - cost was less than nothing and I was 5 pence to the good on each phone. Well imagine my surprise when I switched them on to immediately be told that the phones were charged with a free £1 of calls on each phone. So I gained £1.05 on each phone.

Not surprising perhaps when I went back the next day to see if I could get another they were all gone and the offer on that phone no longer available.

Still it does show it pays to keep doing your sums to see if there are amazing bargains to be had.

So anyone esle had anything better than FREE like this.

pat
16-Nov-08, 17:23
great bargain you had there

a few months ago I bought a packet of weedkiller for special offer of £1 - on it was a refund for £3 if I sent in code on packet - did and got a chequr for £3 a few weeks later.

trix
16-Nov-08, 17:41
So anyone esle had anything better than FREE like this.

no, but iv been known til go for a nite oot an come home wi more £s than i went oot wi :confused

floyed
16-Nov-08, 17:44
no, but iv been known til go for a nite oot an come wi more £s than i went oot wi :confused

I would like a night out like that :lol:

Valerie Campbell
16-Nov-08, 19:14
Moose and Lindsay, I think that is definitely the bargain of the century! I thought I did well getting a stationery pack from Woolies for half price. It was down from £9.99 to £4.99. Took it to the checkout and got a further £1.50 off so I was delighted. There are bargains out there if the gods are looking favourably on you but yours takes the biscuit. Well done!!!

changilass
16-Nov-08, 19:25
Bargain would have to be my wedding dress.

Bought from a shop in America, paid by credit card over the phone.

Married over 6yrs and it still hasn't come off the card.

rockchick
16-Nov-08, 20:19

Aren't you paying interest on that tho?

Sapphire2803
16-Nov-08, 20:20

Aren't you paying interest on that tho?

I think Changilass meant it hasn't shown up on a statement yet. :D

changilass
16-Nov-08, 20:42
Sorry for the confusion Rockchick, But Sapphire is correct, the money has never been taken from the account.

Not gonna say what the price of the dress should have been, but getting it free allowed us to have a fantastic honeymoon lol.