PDA

View Full Version : Are you new age?

hotrod4
16-Nov-08, 11:13
I personally dont get it. I think of newage as the new Hippies.I have a stereotypical image of them not wearing shoes and finishing all their sentences with "man" and thinking bad things are "heavy" and smelling of patouli oil! Or am I missing something? Stereotypical I know but whats your take?

muffin
16-Nov-08, 14:35
I consider 'new age' as someone who has an open mind to new ideas, thinks seriously and cares deeply about the environment, does not think the authorities and government are always right and probably seldom right.
I think that would account for a lot of people today, the difference being that 'new age' people stand up for their beliefs by trying to attract attention to these issues which they care about.

anneoctober
16-Nov-08, 14:53
I don't know if I could be described as "new age", but I agree with muffin, I personally would add a love for nature , our land and fellow beings - with MY emphasis on children . From some previous posts that I've read by you hotrod4, I'd say you were pretty "new age" yourself ( we'll discount the Skelator avatar tho' .....:lol:) !!
I HAVE THE POWER............. ;)

hotrod4
16-Nov-08, 14:55
Ok I am converted!!:lol: Now where do I sign up?[lol]

anneoctober
16-Nov-08, 15:00
Ok I am converted!!:lol: Now where do I sign up?[lol]
No need to "sign up" just believe and be true to youself Hottie !! [lol]

hotrod4
16-Nov-08, 15:01
No need to "sign up" just believe and be true to youself Hottie !! [lol]
Are you following me? Everywhere I post your there!!! Help I have a stalker :lol::lol:

anneoctober
16-Nov-08, 15:12
Are you following me? Everywhere I post your there!!! Help I have a stalker :lol::lol:
One should be so lucky ! :evil

joxville
16-Nov-08, 15:52
I don't want a new age-I want an old one back. I want to be 28 again. :(