PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Browser?

hotrod4
16-Nov-08, 10:11
As an ardent Firefox user was wondering how many use the same?
Dont like IE as i find it slow and generally very dull.
tried google chrome but had to go back to the old faithful.
be interesting to see how many use each and why.

Tristan
16-Nov-08, 10:21
Like yourself I don't like IE and use Firefox and opera depending on which PC I am on. Firefox has fewer compatibility issues than opera but opera seems a bit faster.

joxville
16-Nov-08, 10:41
I've tried others but keep returning to I.E., it's like a comfy pair of slippers-God, thats makes me sound sooooo old. I tried Google Chrome when it was released but didn't like it, however I have Firefox as back up when I.E. isn't working.

Angela
16-Nov-08, 10:49
I don't like IE at all, and used to use Firefox on my pc.

Now that I have a Mac, I use Safari on the Mac partition - at the moment I'm still using IE on the Windows partition because I so seldom use it - only if I'm forced to...but that's reminded me to download Firefox there now....:)

poppett
16-Nov-08, 11:00
I`m a Firefox persona.

No problems with it so far.................touching wood.

TRUCKER
16-Nov-08, 11:05
I use firefox as i had 2 many problems with i.e.

hotrod4
16-Nov-08, 11:08
Funny that IE has more votes but only Firefox users are posting! Are they ashamed or are Firefox users more literate? [lol]

joxville
16-Nov-08, 11:27
I'd guess the majority of user's don't have the confidence to change anything on their pc and so use I.E. as their default browser as it's already installed with Windows.

MadPict
16-Nov-08, 11:30
Predominately use Camino with Firefox a close second. Safari, Opera and Shiira also installed. Internet Explorer? What is that then?........

CAUTION - Safari users - there appears to be a bug in Safari 3.2 (just downloaded it) which is causing it to crash so do not update from a previous version if Safari is your main browser...

The crashing problem may be down to any plugins you may have installed - such as PithHelmet (an ad blocker)
The Apple Discussions forum has quite a few posts about the issue - http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=169

Gizmo
16-Nov-08, 11:39
Firefox on all 4 systems in my household, wouldn't use anything else now, it's not perfect, but it's 10 times better than IE which is absolute guff, i have tried Opera and Google Chrome but found nothing in them that made me want to change from FF.

ett23
16-Nov-08, 12:35
I'd guess the majority of user's don't have the confidence to change anything on their pc and so use I.E. as their default browser as it's already installed with Windows.

Yup, you're probably right there, we've been using it for a long time now - over 10 years anyway and you know the saying... If it ain't broke don't fix it..... well that's the way we feel about Internet Explorer. Plus I hate change, getting used to different software and browsing when I'm so used to doing it a certain way..... :roll:. I hate all the new 'improvements' they've made to ebay!! :mad:

Dorrie
16-Nov-08, 13:58
I use Firefox which I really like and OH uses IE. It's hard to get him to change anything. :D

Kodiak
16-Nov-08, 13:59
Firefox for me as I find the Foxgame add ons really useful for games like Ogame.org.

anneoctober
16-Nov-08, 14:58
Funny that IE has more votes but only Firefox users are posting! Are they ashamed or are Firefox users more literate? [lol]
As a "new age" person I'll stand up and be counted ; I am an IE user and yes.... proud of it ! It IS slow etc, but there's nothing wrong wi comfy slippers...........:lol:

hotrod4
16-Nov-08, 15:00
As a "new age" person I'll stand up and be counted ; I am an IE user and yes.... proud of it ! It IS slow etc, but there's nothing wrong wi comfy slippers...........:lol:
So your the one responsible for Bill Gates' rapidly expanding fortune![lol]

anneoctober
16-Nov-08, 15:04
So your the one responsible for Bill Gates' rapidly expanding fortune![lol]
As I am open minded hottie, you and your pals just have to "reason" with me and set out your case for change.......... ;)

floyed
16-Nov-08, 15:07
I use Firefox:D

Tilter
16-Nov-08, 17:45
I use Firefox

(IE still there but for some reason I've never bothered to figure out I can't print from it so I never use it even though I hardly ever print anything anyway.)

Julia
16-Nov-08, 18:39
I use Mozilla's Firefox brower and Thunderbird email client. I have used Opera in the past too. I really don't like IE and only use it if I really have to.

BazzaG
16-Nov-08, 19:05
Mainly use Firefox and Opera. dont use IE any more

Fluff
16-Nov-08, 20:04
I much prefer Firefox, have been using it for years now. I often have more than one page open at a time so I prefer tabbed browsing and alot of the other features.
The OH uses IE which is quite handy for me because I have all my favourites bookmarked and he has his

domino
16-Nov-08, 21:23
Have aways used IE. Never had any problems with it so why change?
I never found it to be slow

2little2late
16-Nov-08, 23:37
As an ardent Firefox user was wondering how many use the same?
Dont like IE as i find it slow and generally very dull.
tried google chrome but had to go back to the old faithful.
be interesting to see how many use each and why.

Totally agree. Tried Google Chrome myself and wasn't too impressed. Can't beat Firefox imo

slinky
17-Nov-08, 04:42
firefox also prefer it plus great add ons like footie results live spl premiership champions league etc when goals happens wee box flashes telling u score just sits nice and small and neat in corner and also add on that tell u tide level quite handy

coppertop 1958
17-Nov-08, 09:05
I don't like IE at all, and used to use Firefox on my pc. but like trying them all out and new ones

arana negra
17-Nov-08, 10:50
Never been one to fiddle with things I know nothing about for no reason, IE is what I have on mine and it works fine. There are other things I would rather mess about with :lol:

mike.mckenzie
17-Nov-08, 14:57
Google Chrome for me, I like the minimalist design and not being nagged to update my plugins whenever I log in to Firefox. Just not too keen on the whole provacy thing with Chrome, but its loads faster, so I'm not that bothered.

JimH
17-Nov-08, 23:45
Firefox lets you stay in control. I like it.

joxville
17-Nov-08, 23:51
It just comes down to what you're used to. It's like frying chips in a chip pan or using a deep fat fryer-personal preference, both do an adequate job. I don't know what I'm talking about. :roll:

TBH
18-Nov-08, 00:42
Firefox lets you stay in control. I like it.You maybe had some control at one time but firefox gives you no control in it's current guise.

Bobinovich
18-Nov-08, 00:43
I use I.E. but keep the add-ons to a bare minimum so find it fast and stable. I've experienced numerous I.E. problems but likewise Firefox problems too - probably both pro-rata to the number of users, so am happy enough sticking to what the majority of my clients use.

loganbiffy
18-Nov-08, 04:37
Have used Firefox since i started using a PC and always hated IE.
The IE of old was dreadful, always stuff popping up and generally slow.

Firefox is the best for me, i don't use anything else.

jimbews
19-Nov-08, 14:14
I normally use Firefox, but sometimes you have to use what is best for the application in hand.

Firefox works on all the platforms I support: PC, Mac and Unix.
I also find the Add-on "Foxmarks" immensely useful. It allows the synchronisation of my bookmarks(currently between at least 6 computers) via an external site, or if using someone else's computer via my.foxmarks.com

Also use Adblock Plus and Adblock Filterset.G Updater among other addons.

JimBews