PDA

View Full Version : The Fallen

weeboyagee
16-Nov-08, 00:28
Anybody watching this at the moment on BBC2 - it is tearing me apart. One of my best mates sons is in the REME - I went to his pass-out ceremony summer this year and was as proud as punch at it - you can't tell me that you don't have a case of hay-fever ;) when they march out with that band, but to think that all those killed and being portrayed in this documentary went through the same ceremony and that some of them were as young as him - or more-so that he is as young as they, is just causing me such emotional stress just now. Should never of started watching this programme but then again - I am so glad that I did. Anyone not thankful for the armed forces????? Watch this. Protection on our door-step is one thing but protecting some-one elses door-step is another - it's not their call though - they do as ordered and for what consequence at times. I have no take on this - at the moment I am just torn apart with the turmoil these families go through with the news they receive that their loved ones are dead from doing their job.

What price.

WBG :(

Buttercup
16-Nov-08, 00:37
VERY moving programme.

MadPict
16-Nov-08, 01:41
Just sat through the full 3+ hours.

Poignant part was right at the end - the blank spaces on the wall at the Armed Forces Memorial....

http://www.forcesmemorial.org.uk/

chris.chalmers
16-Nov-08, 03:49
A very good program by the BBC very hard to watch with a tear in my eye through the whole program.

scrabster view
16-Nov-08, 12:27
What a very emotional programme.

Not a dry eye in our house.