PDA

View Full Version : Helping each other lose weight

Pages : [1] 2

paris
24-Jan-06, 17:08
Just wondering if there was some way we could have a bit of a diet club thing going on here, to give each other moral support and tips etc. 1st thing is we must be totally honest about weight and how much we lose each week.It would be really good if you were having a bad day and needed to confess about what you've eaten and shouldn't have ie cakes sweets. I'm definitely up for it, what about you?

wickchick
24-Jan-06, 17:30
Yeah sure, i will join in. Like a food diary kind of thing?

Ashleigh

squidge
24-Jan-06, 18:04
That would be fab - i need for there to be less of me. im not starting til next week though

wickerinca
24-Jan-06, 18:11
Hi I am new to this so please have patience with me...but the losing weight thing would be great. I started two weeks ago and I have lost about 1lb....big deal!!! I am training for a 2 day bike ride in July and another one in August....mad, I know as I hate cycling and my bum hurts something awful!!:cry:

Rheghead
24-Jan-06, 18:25
Has anyone heard of a dieting method where you imagine that your favorite foods are covered in the worse and vilest of substances so you refuse to eat them any longer? I think it may be Paul McKenna that developed this method.

Anyway, I heard not so long ago that there are 2 bluebottle wings per kilogramme of chocolate. So no imagination is needed there, just the facts will put anyone off. There is a great start for your diet plan, folks!!:lol: :evil

wickerinca
24-Jan-06, 18:28
2 bluebottle wings?.......A kilogramme of chocolate?.......sorry! Not enough to put me off!!! Must go and have my Banana and Nutella sandwich for lunch!!

paris
24-Jan-06, 18:53
2 bluebottle wings?.......A kilogramme of chocolate?.......sorry! Not enough to put me off!!! Must go and have my Banana and Nutella sandwich for lunch!!

Sounds good to me wickerinca,

wickerinca
24-Jan-06, 19:05
It is..really enjoying it!!...and I have it on flax seed bread. All healthy stuff!!! Suppose you lot are all having, or thinking about, dinner, tea , whatever you call it!!

rich62_uk
24-Jan-06, 20:46
I can see a problem here. Who's going to admit to their true weight when most cant admit their age ? ....Trish. :lol:

I will join though lol

rich62_uk
24-Jan-06, 20:49
A tip, I have heard although not tried yet that if you put grapes in the freezer they taste similar to hard boiled sweets (just very cold ones lol)
Trish.

connieb19
24-Jan-06, 20:55
You Are What You Eat is on Channel 4 at 8pm.....:D

_Ju_
24-Jan-06, 20:57
Has anyone heard of a dieting method where you imagine that your favorite foods are covered in the worse and vilest of substances so you refuse to eat them any longer? I think it may be Paul McKenna that developed this method.

Anyway, I heard not so long ago that there are 2 bluebottle wings per kilogramme of chocolate. So no imagination is needed there, just the facts will put anyone off. There is a great start for your diet plan, folks!!:lol: :evil

Knowing about the way food is processed ...I no longer touch processed pork, any type of sausage, margerine, corned beef, industrial raspberry or strawberry jam, processed frozen meats (nuggets, burgers, meatballs), mince in the UK, ready meals with meat ( it's usually added value meat: trimming, etc) and so on. After seeing mechanicaly removed meat, margerine and canned sausages being made, a bluebottle in chocolate is the least of all evils! I try not to pay attention to the way some foods are processed now, or soon I will be a third degree vegan who will not eat anything that hasn't fallen naturally from the plant or that casts a shadow.

I would like to join the club by the way!

Geo
24-Jan-06, 20:58
A tip, I have heard although not tried yet that if you put grapes in the freezer they taste similar to hard boiled sweets (just very cold ones lol)
Trish.

My mum does this. They are delicious. Nicer than hard boiled sweets as they retain the freshness of the fruit and are not syrupy sweet.

krieve
24-Jan-06, 21:02
Trish.
I must try that sounds yummy

stekar
24-Jan-06, 22:29
There's too much of me too. Good idea the diet club!

girnigoe
24-Jan-06, 22:32

Paul currently has a programme on Sky One at 9pm on a Monday. I have been watching it and trying to follow it. He does mention the above although I havent really found this usefull yet!!! Some of what he says makes a lot of sense - others IMHO are rubbish - it all has to do with your imagination.

Its worth a watch if you are trying to find a different way of losing weight.....

ice box
24-Jan-06, 22:34
i could be up for that as i cant see my feet any more help......! :lol:

porshiepoo
24-Jan-06, 22:41
I'm up for it Paris. I started my eating plan on the 1st january though.
I'm not dieting as such cos I don't think they work, all they do is emphasise food all the more and lets face it most of us could do with thinking about food alot less. Weighing every bite you take is just too extreme.
Try learning about healthy food that way the odd sin (choccy, choccy, choccy) ends up being a rather nice treat with none of the guilt.

Paul Mckennas ways do actually work but as with anything you have to be committed and do the mind techniques all the time, if you don't think you're disciplined enough for it I say try something else. Theres no point setting yourself up for failure.

I also ain't worrying about weighing myself every week either. We've all had the scenario where you're off to boots to be weighed so you don't eat breakfast, you wear the skimpiest of clothes and are feeling quite chuffed with how you think you've done all week. Then you step on the scales and.....they lie! Thats it then, you feel like ......doggy do do's, so you go straight to the nearest cafe, eat a cake insisting you've got all week to get rid of it and thats just the beginning of the end. The following week turns into a disaster and you either promise to start again next week (yeah right!!But in what year???) or you starve yourself for the next 3 days and take extra laxatives convinced you can see a difference after every visit to the loo. Been there done that! :lol: (And I know you have too Paris so no point denying) lol.
What I intend to do now is to weigh myself every month, the difference should be greater that way and more of an incentive.
But theres no way I'm telling anyone my weight though, not until I'm where I want to be.

So..... has anyone tried Trimspa??? I believe it's supposed to be quite good! lol

porshiepoo
24-Jan-06, 22:42
i could be up for that as i cant see my feet any more help......! :lol:

Get bigger shoes! :lol:

connieb19
24-Jan-06, 22:42
Paul currently has a programme on Sky One at 9pm on a Monday. I have been watching it and trying to follow it. He does mention the above although I havent really found this usefull yet!!! Some of what he says makes a lot of sense - others IMHO are rubbish - it all has to do with your imagination.

Its worth a watch if you are trying to find a different way of losing weight.....He has a book too, which includes a hypnosis cd. I got it for a Christmas present from someone( I don't know what they were trying to tell me):confused: I havn't tried it yet but I'll let you know how I get on!!

I think I've found out where I'm going wrong with my eating habits though...I've been putting the grapes in the microwave instead of the freezer...lol:lol:

porshiepoo
24-Jan-06, 22:45
Me again!!! lol.

Forgot to mention exercise!
So what do you all do in that department??

Also, as this is all about losing weight and feeling good, perhaps we should all jot down (on here for us all to see of course) some of what we consider to be our good points.
We have the other topic about surgery which is bearing on negative thoughts, so maybe this one would be ideal for good thoughts? Or is that a completely different topic????

paris
24-Jan-06, 22:49
So shall we all head for Monday .... weigh your-self over the weekend, then confess to each other and go from there. If you really do have a problem confessing your weight on line then just say how much you need to lose and every Monday we can all com pair notes, lbs lost any good tips etc . i don't know if bill would be able to do a section just for us fatties. what does every one else think???

connieb19
24-Jan-06, 22:51
So shall we all head for Monday .... weigh your-self over the weekend, then confess to each other and go from there. If you really do have a problem confessing your weight on line then just say how much you need to lose and every Monday we can all com pair notes, lbs lost any good tips etc . i don't know if bill would be able to do a section just for us fatties. what does every one else think???It's got to be better than paying a forune to Weight Watchers...:D

porshiepoo
24-Jan-06, 23:13
I'm all up for it, only prob I'll have is that I'm not weighing myself every week. So I'll just have to let you all know what I lose every month or so. OK?

I'll still do the rest though.

connieb19
24-Jan-06, 23:17
I'm all up for it, only prob I'll have is that I'm not weighing myself every week. So I'll just have to let you all know what I lose every month or so. OK?

I'll still do the rest though.I agree about not weighing yourself every week.. i think i'll stick to monthly too.. I'd rather go by feeling comfortable in my clothes than how many lb's i've lost. i'm well up for all the rest though..:)

rich62_uk
24-Jan-06, 23:29
I cant say what I weigh I cant say what I have to lose, could you settle for how much I have lost ? Trish. :o

canuck
25-Jan-06, 04:51
I'm in too.

greeneyes
25-Jan-06, 11:14
I'm up for it as well would be great if you are thinking of reaching for the biccie tin to come online and hopefully one of us ''want to be slimmer&trimmers'' will be on so it will take the edge of it(in theory).Or if you've had a bad day etc.Sign me up.

Whitewater
25-Jan-06, 11:27
I hate cycling and my bum hurts something awful!!:cry:

Have you got yourself a proper pair of cycling shorts with the padded bottom, they are great and do help a lot, I had the same problem when I took up cycling on my retirement. You can get the shorts form Sam who has the cycle shop in Thurso.

I would love to loose a wee bit of weight but I just like eating, all sorts of things, I have been over weight eating nothing but health foods, I'm sure must be a very healthy overweight person, or at least that is what I tell myself.

porshiepoo
25-Jan-06, 12:11
Just letting you all know that I've just tried Davina Mccalls new workout. Brilliant!!!
It's hard going but you just join in at your own rate and Davina is so funny.
Bought it from ebay and well worth the 4 quid.
Also done Taebo 2, fantastic too! (didn't do em both today though).

I'm exercising via workouts 3 times a week and keeping very active on the land also, so hopefully it'll do the trick.
I'm waiting for Jordans workout to arrive, purely wanted the 10 min killer abs part. I think the secret to sticking to home workouts is to have a variety so that you can chop and change each time so that you don't get bored.

Anyone else done any good workouts???????

paris
25-Jan-06, 12:14
See you all on monday with weights ,or how much you want to lose. GET WEIGHING FOLKES !!! AND GOOD LUCK.

DW
25-Jan-06, 12:30
Glad to hear all you great big fat slobberies are sorting things out.

Scotland is turning into a nation of Lardbutts and we need to fix it.
SweatyBetty is a svelte 7 stone of course, with a figure to match.

In fact I am the one your husbands all look at down the street, and wonder how they got stuck with a set of saddlebags and a wobbly belly.

So, come on Girls, shake those huge hips, tape up those chomping mouths and lose all that extra avoirdupois

porshiepoo
25-Jan-06, 14:27
Glad to hear all you great big fat slobberies are sorting things out.

Scotland is turning into a nation of Lardbutts and we need to fix it.

In fact I am the one your husbands all look at down the street, and wonder how they got stuck with a set of saddlebags and a wobbly belly.

So, come on Girls, shake those huge hips, tape up those chomping mouths and lose all that extra avoirdupois

Cheeky young whipper snapper. lol.
I'll have you know I've done a bit of the old 'Page 3' moddeling in my time.:p

DW
25-Jan-06, 14:35
I'll have you know I've done a bit of the old 'Page 3' moddeling in my time.:p

Page 3 of what though?

Giant structures weekly! [lol]

Big Hips Journal [lol]

Go girl:evil

porshiepoo
25-Jan-06, 14:56
Hahahahahaha :grin:
It was actually Large Ladies monthly. lol. (Kidding). lol.

paris
25-Jan-06, 15:13
Now Now girls , we haven't even started yet, put the claws away.
And for anyone who's interested there's a web sit dedicated to men who LOOOOVVVVEEEE bigger woman. so there !!!

DW
25-Jan-06, 16:46
Now Now girls , we haven't even started yet, put the claws away.
And for anyone who's interested there's a web sit dedicated to men who LOOOOVVVVEEEE bigger woman. so there !!!

It's just as well cause there's lots (pun intended)of you out there.
[smirk]

wickerinca
25-Jan-06, 17:45
Have you got yourself a proper pair of cycling shorts with the padded bottom, they are great and do help a lot, I had the same problem when I took up cycling on my retirement. You can get the shorts form Sam who has the cycle shop in Thurso.

I would love to loose a wee bit of weight but I just like eating, all sorts of things, I have been over weight eating nothing but health foods, I'm sure must be a very healthy overweight person, or at least that is what I tell myself.

Thanks Whitewater but I do have those padded shorts and I even went and bought myself a new saddle.....one of those fancy gel things with the slit in it.........as I am training on my own bike that hubby has set up on his indoor training thing!! Boys with toys!!

Anyway I would like to lose weight and I hope that you guys can help!! Like Whitewater I can lose weight during a salad diet so we are going to have to bouy each other up. Monday is D:grin: -Day then??!!

Saveman
25-Jan-06, 17:48
Are you all going to stuff yourselves silly with chocolate and sweets before Monday? Its your last chance before you have to be strict with yourself!

wickerinca
25-Jan-06, 17:54
Of course............wouldn't be much point in not eating chocolate before starting a diet!!! Mind you, it is not just chocolate that is my downfall. It is more like..................food!! I am not a picker and I don't eat between meals as a rule but I do enjoy my food....and I enjoy cooking different foods so that is going to be the problem for me. I do have those Crazy Plates and Lazy Spoons cookbooks and some of the recipes are very good so will just have to try some more of them out!!

paris
25-Jan-06, 18:52
Are you all going to stuff yourselves silly with chocolate and sweets before Monday? Its your last chance before you have to be strict with yourself!

To right! In fact anything i can cram in my gob LOL !

larcc
25-Jan-06, 20:05
I can only praise the paul mckenna cd I have losta lot of weight with it. The method works for me only eat when you are hungry chew your food, put your fork down after every mouthfull. and stop when you are beginning to feel full. Love it and the cd is good for relaxing you and it really gives you motivation

connieb19
25-Jan-06, 20:14
I can only praise the paul mckenna cd I have losta lot of weight with it. The method works for me only eat when you are hungry chew your food, put your fork down after every mouthfull. and stop when you are beginning to feel full. Love it and the cd is good for relaxing you and it really gives you motivationOnly eat when you are hungry eh, thats like all the time..:confused:

larcc
25-Jan-06, 21:17
lol. I was a bit sceptical at 1st but I thought I will try anything. And I can hoenstly say it works for me, eat when you are hungry and day you are hungry an hour or whatever later eat something else. just follow the rules, if anything it is worth a try

Geo
25-Jan-06, 21:40
I'll join in. Any other guys?

I started in December and had lost 8lbs by the time i weighed myself 12 days ago. I have a long way to go though. Aiming to lose 10st. Maybe that will encourage some more of you to post your targets!

fed-ex
25-Jan-06, 21:54
I'll have you know I've done a bit of the old 'Page 3' moddeling in my time.:pWOW "2 page3 girls on caith.org crayola and porshiepoo isna every day you come across that is it.

stekar
25-Jan-06, 22:55
lol. I was a bit sceptical at 1st but I thought I will try anything. And I can hoenstly say it works for me, eat when you are hungry and day you are hungry an hour or whatever later eat something else. just follow the rules, if anything it is worth a try

I tried that. It is a really good idea, but I never seem to get chance to sit down for half an hour to listen to the cd. Maybe I should as the whole idea does make a lot of sense.

crayola
26-Jan-06, 00:51
WOW "2 page3 girls on caith.org crayola and porshiepoo isna every day you come across that is it.You better believe it.

Luckily, I don't need to diet much. ;)

crayola
26-Jan-06, 01:15

In fact I am the one your husbands all look at down the street,
Ha ha, you wish. You're lookin' at every husband's fantasy right now hon. ;)

DW
26-Jan-06, 09:34
Ha ha, you wish. You're lookin' at every husband's fantasy right now hon. ;)

All I can see is a picture of a skinny blue bint who looks as if her hair colorist was Brahms and Liszt.
And what's more, she has chin on her like yon plug wifey Kiera Knightly. :confused

greeneyes
26-Jan-06, 10:26
Sweatybetty,we'll come back to you in several years time after 4 kids,breastfeeding and the stresses of family life and life in general,lets see if your still as trim then and dare i say it a few saddle bags and flabby bits.

paris
26-Jan-06, 10:26
I'll join in. Any other guys?

I started in December and had lost 8lbs by the time i weighed myself 12 days ago. I have a long way to go though. Aiming to lose 10st. Maybe that will encourage some more of you to post your targets!

A very big well done GEO! Keep it up and maybe ( no not maybe you WILL )with the surport from all of us here you can reach your goal.

greeneyes
26-Jan-06, 10:38
Yeah,congrats Geo,i don't weigh myself but just go by how loose the jeans are feeling i'd like to lose 2-3 stone,i try and get to the gym when i can it makes a huge differance if you do it regularly.
If anyone feels awkward going themselves i'm sure we could all agree to book for a certain time and all go together,would be a laugh as well.

paris
26-Jan-06, 10:45
Yeah,congrats Geo,i don't weigh myself but just go by how loose the jeans are feeling i'd like to lose 2-3 stone,i try and get to the gym when i can it makes a huge differance if you do it regularly.
If anyone feels awkward going themselves i'm sure we could all agree to book for a certain time and all go together,would be a laugh as well.

I would jump at the chance but dont live up there anymore. i also want to lose about 2/3 stone, i will have to do a workout cd on my own. How boring!
It defenatly helps when you can have a laugh doing it aswell.

greeneyes
26-Jan-06, 10:51
Och thats a shame Paris,you could always open your curtains and let the neighbours see you jigging about lol.Could you maybe go with a pal.

porshiepoo
26-Jan-06, 12:03
Well done Geo! We need more guys like you on this topic.

I've tried the whole gym thing. I used to go to Fitness First in Boston and I absolutely loved it. I'd go on the walkers, treadmill and rowers, then do some weights, then treat myself to a sauna afterwards. Bliss! I even threw in some of the spin classes and step aerobics plus the old sunbed.
What I do now though is save the money. I do various aerobics DVDs at least 3 times a week and have a total gym that I also use for the same amount of time. I'm feeling fitter already!
As for eating - well my biggest sin is choccy. But I've cut out the cereals covered in sugar that give me the colly wobbles by lunchtime and have replaced it with Lidls luxury muesli which isn't usually my thing at all as I hate raisins and dried fruit but this ones quite nice. During the day I'll eat if I'm hungry and while I try not to shovel down cakes etc if I fancy a triple decker sandwich then thats what I'll have, but it's usually fruit and yoghurt or cup a soup, then at tea I'll have whatever we all want followed by yogurts or whatever if i'm hungry.
The worst time for me is night time. Because of the medication I'm on I'm often still wide awake at 2 in the morning and thats when the sweetie craving kicks in.

I'm aiming for a stone to lose in weight cos I think it's best to aim for several small achievements instead of one huge one, so I'll weigh myself monday and let you all know the verdict.

DW
26-Jan-06, 12:34
Sweatybetty,we'll come back to you in several years time after 4 kids,breastfeeding and the stresses of family life and life in general,lets see if your still as trim then and dare i say it a few saddle bags and flabby bits.

Oh dear, my three kids would like that! Exercise and moderation, that's all it takes.
It's a simple equation, if you eat more that you can use, then you end up like you guys.
Come on, you don't need a hypnotist or cds or dvds or whatever, you girls just need to face facts.:confused:

paris
26-Jan-06, 13:53
Och thats a shame Paris,you could always open your curtains and let the neighbours see you jigging about lol.Could you maybe go with a pal.

Untill the first wobbly bit has gone i will do this in the privacy of my own house .lol Once the weight has started to go and my confidance has built up ie feel good about myself, then there will be no stopping me strutting my stuff out and about.

porshiepoo
26-Jan-06, 16:48
Oh dear, my three kids would like that! Exercise and moderation, that's all it takes.
It's a simple equation, if you eat more that you can use, then you end up like you guys.
Come on, you don't need a hypnotist or cds or dvds or whatever, you girls just need to face facts.:confused:

Tut tut sweatybetty! [evil]
Lets hope you never find yourself putting on weight due to medication eh!
Do you really need to put your two pennies worth in on a topic that was started in order to help rather than hinder?

Are you really suggesting that we don't need to exercise?
We ARE facing facts, that s why we have all decided to help each other out on here, if you're so perfect (which I doubt very much - I suspect you actually live up to your name) go and deliver your speeches to some other group.

squidge
26-Jan-06, 17:02
Despite sweatybetty being as tactful as usual we actually do have to face facts.

Whilst there is no way on earth i would ever want to be or actually get the chance to be 7stone as a lifelong fattie i know that it is what i put in my mouth and what excercise i do or dont do that makes a difference - despite having an underactive thyroid gland.

The problem i have is that i am quite a happy fattie so the motivation isnt always there. Im a BIG girl folks but i have a lovely wonderful fabulous man and i walk and swim and im active - i never STOP some days. Being a big girl doesnt actually hinder me much just now. I have a pretty face im told ( those who know me can make their own minds up about that) and i am a happy and sociable girl.

So why bother - well smaller clothes are cheaper clothes and there is more choice. Also i feel GREAT just now but will i feel this way in ten years if i dont lose it? IM sure that once im slimmer i will be healthier in the long term so here goes.

Rather think i might do the weight watchers thing to be honest - i like the extra push it gives me - fingers crossed

paris
26-Jan-06, 17:11
Sweatybetty, we were all slim stunners once upon a time but life tends to be very cruel sometimes. i for one put on a lot of weight due to steroids, then kids, then more years on steroids due to illness, some people are dam right greedy, I'm not one of those ,but i need help and encouragement to shed the pounds. If your one of the lucky ones who don't put weight on then consider yourself very very lucky. Its not fun being big.

DW
26-Jan-06, 17:32
Paris, dear girl, I am more than aware of how cruel the years can be, so whatever happens don't be discouraged.
Sweaty's soulmate is a BIG guy; lots of [ounds and I woudn't swap him for anything.

greeneyes
26-Jan-06, 17:33
Well guys i'm being honest here i like my food can control what i eat most time but other times i swear i have a food addiction,like what people have with fags,drink etc just gotta have it!!!.
I'm not alone as a couple of my pals are similar anyone else the same out there???,i do eat healthy(most of the time!!).

So,any locals(thurso area)want a gym buddy,would be a laugh,we can all laugh at our wobbly bits and watch them get trimmer over time.

porshiepoo
26-Jan-06, 17:35
I get what you're saying Squidge but we are facing facts by coming on here and doing something about it, we really don't need the likes of SweatyBetty only coming on to input some sarcastic remark.

Yes, losing weight is all about watching what you eat but thats not the end of it.
Have any of you asked yourself why you tuck into all the food that you know is bad for you? If you think about it the fact that we KNOW this food is bad for us and harming us just goes to show how little we must think of ourselves.
For alot of us dealing with our weight issues is going to mean dealing with some dark ugly monsters that maybe we have eaten to escape in the past.
For me personally, I've done alot of soul searching and I understand myself alot more and have actually found that the things I thought I needed to escape weren't actually that hard to deal with.
Being aware of why we turn to comfort food is one of the first steps in re-learning a healthy way of eating.

squidge
26-Jan-06, 17:54
Fine porshie

You link being a fat girl to deep psychological angst if you like and tackle that but you will find that if you do and dont change your eating habits or excercise more then you will still be on the plump side.

Me? I have an underactive thyroid gland but i also like cheese mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm butter haggis parties red wine and i work full time have three boys and dont plan properly.

You say

losing weight is all about watching what you eat but thats not the end of it.

Actually that is the ONLY end of it

Three weeks of planned meals, good walks, swimming and a little thought will have me thinner than six weeks of the new millenium cure all - counselling and thats even without the weight watchers.

You also say

If you think about it the fact that we KNOW this food is bad for us and harming us just goes to show how little we must think of ourselves.

Thats maybe true but it doesnt absolve us of the need to be responsible for what we eat and how much we excercise. Interestingly i find you really tolerent and understanding of people who over eat and yet you dont apply this compassion to alcoholics and drug addicts. Dont they have some
dark ugly monsters which need to be dealt with too?

porshiepoo
26-Jan-06, 18:01
Apologies Squidge if I appeared to be saying that my theory applies to everyone, obviously there are those that simply eat wrong.
For me, it was working out where i started going wrong, and why. I was always a skinny person, even after I had the kids I lost all the weight I gained (even though I'll still use the kids as an excuse. lol), but somewhere along the way I turned to comfort food for a multitude of reasons. Those reasons no longer apply to me but the comfort eating had become a habit and it took me a while to understand that. Now, I am aware of when I'll feel the need to indulge and why, and find it easy to stop myself.

But healthy eating has to be incorporated with exercise in order to lose weight and tone up. I used to be extremely active - horse riding, ice skating etc etc - but over time that died a death, so now it's a case of re-introducing all that.
I think half the problem is finding exercise that you like. Hmmmmmm, what do I like??? Nothing really. lol.
Having a gym buddy as a few have suggested is a great idea, helps to keep the incentive going. If I ever decide to go back to the gym or swimming I'll definately ask on here if anyone minds me tagging along.

Again, apologies Squidge if I appeared to be lecturing and trying to turn everyone to the psychological darkside. [para] lol.

squidge
26-Jan-06, 18:08
Thats ok Porshie

i forgive you :Razz

However Its not about eating "wrong" either - its about finding whats right for you and what puts weight on you and what doesnt. See show me cheeses and bingo im half a stone heavier - i dont buy it at all when im dieting cos it just makes me eat it and it makes me fatter. Milk is another problem thing for me 0-diet all week - drink full fat milk and no weight loss - this doesnt apply to everyone though so sort out what works for you

porshiepoo
26-Jan-06, 18:09
Fine porshie

You link being a fat girl to deep psychological angst if you like and tackle that but you will find that if you do and dont change your eating habits or excercise more then you will still be on the plump side.

Me? I have an underactive thyroid gland but i also like cheese mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm butter haggis parties red wine and i work full time have three boys and dont plan properly.

You say

Actually that is the ONLY end of it

Three weeks of planned meals, good walks, swimming and a little thought will have me thinner than six weeks of the new millenium cure all - counselling and thats even without the weight watchers.

You also say

Thats maybe true but it doesnt absolve us of the need to be responsible for what we eat and how much we excercise. Interestingly i find you really tolerent and understanding of people who over eat and yet you dont apply this compassion to alcoholics and drug addicts. Dont they have some which need to be dealt with too?

jeepers, this thing goes to fast!!!!!!!!! lol.

I'll admit Squidge that maybe I am more tolerant of overeaters than I am of other subjects, but thats not from ignorance. I have experience of having an alcholholic father and so my views on the subject are maybe a little unlenient.

Of course we all have to be responsible for what we eat, noone eats for us do they, but for alot of people that responsibility means working out why they eat what they eat. For some people it's a simple case of laziness etc etc but for alot of people it has also to do with denial or escape.

Do you really find it so hard to grasp that for some of us there are underlying reasons for eating the way we do?

porshiepoo
26-Jan-06, 18:11
Thats ok Porshie

i forgive you :Razz

However Its not about eating "wrong" either - its about finding whats right for you and what puts weight on you and what doesnt. See show me cheeses and bingo im half a stone heavier - i dont buy it at all when im dieting cos it just makes me eat it and it makes me fatter. Milk is another problem thing for me 0-diet all week - drink full fat milk and no weight loss - this doesnt apply to everyone though so sort out what works for you

Thats the hard part, working it all out.
Gosh, I'd love to have a full time cook and fitness trainer. lol.
I have found that I seem to be intolerant to wheat, pasta and milk.
Does anyone else suffer from IBS?

squidge
26-Jan-06, 18:47
Do you really find it so hard to grasp that for some of us there are underlying reasons for eating the way we do?

Of course not - but whatever the reasons - whatever the psychological angst that brings us to Evans front doors there is only one route back to Dorothy Perkins or Wallis - eat less and better and excercise more.

Thats it - !!!! Easy.............................................. ..NOT lol[lol]

paris
26-Jan-06, 18:50
Just had a big plate of chips , roll on Monday !

gleeber
26-Jan-06, 19:43
Best o luck to you guys but parises post about chips reminded me of the difficulties ahead and how every little bit will help when we try to lose weight. Im sure you all know the psychological battle is the one that matters so heres my take on it.
Something you must always be aware of is there are 2 of you struggling to come out on top when you diet. Theres the you who desperately wants to lose weight. Then, theres the you who wants chipsnchocolate now and again. In the early stages chipsnchocolate are an absolute no no so that you is going to be pretty peeved and fight all the harder to have some chipsnchocolate. You all probably know that you already, so I dont need introduce you.
How about the you who wants to lose weight? Obviously this you has been in the background for a long time or you widna be needing to diet. Theres only one way for this you to come to the fore. Recognise him or her as a seperate entity and acknowledge him/her as a you who has completely different needs than the chip freak. This can happen the instant you recognise this suppressed you as a seperate entity. I met that you in me through Gillian Macwhatever nearly a year ago and ever since have been able to bring him to the fore like turning a tap on. He is as strong as the you who needs chips but finding the balance is the secret.
Its up to yoooooz, best o luck.

porshiepoo
26-Jan-06, 20:01
Great to hear your take on this Gleeber,

I've actually promised myself not to use the word 'Diet'. I've tried them all, every 'diet' known to man and then some, for me they simply don't work. The word 'Diet' conjures up thoughts of 'Can't have', 'sin', 'bad food' etc etc, all negative thoughts leading to negative emotions.
This time I'm trying healthy eating, and that doesn't mean rabbit food, it means listening to my body and eating properly.
If I fancy a bar of choccy on a Friday night then I'm gonna have it but I'm not having it every day of the week like I used to.
I've only been doing this for almost a month but it's actually working. :)
When I used to go to slimming clubs, the emphasis was always on food (obviousley) but it made such a big deal over watching every mouthful while looking forward to eating your 'sin' foods. For me, someone who abuses food and thinks about it constantly, it just made everything worse and whats more I felt guilty every time I ate a sin food.
The weird thing was that every time I swallowed that mars bar whole (lol) I never tasted a bit of it. Food wasn't to be enjoyed, I didn't eat to live, I would live to eat. I can see now how scary and out of control it was.

The biggest key though to losing weight has to be exercise. Find something you enjoy even if it's only walking. I feel great after I've done aerobics or TaeBo and it also makes me determined not to waste all this effort at exercise by ruining it with rubbish food.

So what exercise do you lot have planned for the start of your new healthy eating plan?:o

DW
26-Jan-06, 20:21
snip

The biggest key though to losing weight has to be exercise.
snip

So what exercise do you lot have planned for the start of your new healthy eating plan?:o

:lol: Sex:lol:

connieb19
26-Jan-06, 20:24
:lol: Sex:lol:It's like bounding about on one of those space hopper thingies..lol:lol: :lol:

wickerinca
26-Jan-06, 20:25
Thats the hard part, working it all out.
Gosh, I'd love to have a full time cook and fitness trainer. lol.
I have found that I seem to be intolerant to wheat, pasta and milk.
Does anyone else suffer from IBS?

Wouldn't that be great. Just come in from a stroll round the garden..quick workout with someone talking to you and encouraging you......stretch and relax time...shower.and then sit down to a healthy but tasty meal!!! Sigh!!

Back to reality!! Yes I have had IBS for years and it is an awful thing. Sometimes I can eat what I want and the next day....well I never know what does it to me!! I stopped smoking and drinking coffee (hated the taste of the stuff when it wasn't mixed with nicotine breath!!) about 9 years ago and found that it has settled down a bit since then. A hot water bottle, rest and some Colpermin capsules are the only things that help me. Did resort to taking a slug out of a peppermint oil bottle that I had just bought at the Chemist counter in our local store. Not a good idea!!

porshiepoo
26-Jan-06, 20:31
Hahahaha, poor Wickerina, I've been there too. lol.
It's bloomin awful isn't it! Can have you doubled up in pain and looking 9 months pregnant.

wickerinca
26-Jan-06, 20:38
Yep..........you need about 3 different lots of clothes!! Thin hours, fat hours and inbetween hours!!
You should have seen me with the peppermint oil though!! It was coming out of my nose.....and my tear ducts!! I swear it was!! It must have been about half an hour before I could gasp a word out. Good job that the woman behind the counter saw what I had done or they would have thought that I was having some kind of seizure!! She kept on saying.."I tried to stop you!!! I am so sorry!!!" .....like it was her fault that I was an idiot!! I thought that the stuff would taste more like peppermint cordial!!
And don't believe all the crap that some doctors will tell you about eating vegetables in vast quantities....or sprinkling bran on your cereal............not necessarily a good idea!:lol:

porshiepoo
26-Jan-06, 22:48
Hahahahaha Wickerinca you had me lmao.
Only a fellow sufferer would be able to understand the lengths a person with IBS will go to to stop the pain. :p

Have you fell for the one where you're told it's just trapped wind? lol. So you take medication to start the farts coming and it helps not an ounce - but the farts persist anyway. lol. :lol:

Just out of interest, you don't also suffer from FMS do you?

paris
27-Jan-06, 11:31
:lol: Sex:lol:

You dont know how right you are there sweatyBetty.. i will give it a go anyway LOL youve twisted my arm !

wickerinca
27-Jan-06, 16:20
Hahahahaha Wickerinca you had me lmao.
Only a fellow sufferer would be able to understand the lengths a person with IBS will go to to stop the pain. :p

Have you fell for the one where you're told it's just trapped wind? lol. So you take medication to start the farts coming and it helps not an ounce - but the farts persist anyway. lol. :lol:

Just out of interest, you don't also suffer from FMS do you?

Trapped wind!!!!..oh yeah! Been there............didn't realise a body could hold so much wind!! It was like riding around on one of them little motorbikes!!

What's FMS?

porshiepoo
27-Jan-06, 16:31
Fibromyalgia syndrome! I only ask cos alot of people who suffer IBS have Fibromyalgia too.

wickerinca
27-Jan-06, 16:48
Surprise! Surprise! I have been suffering from all kinds of weird headaches, nerve tinglings and pains for about 6 years now. At last visit to my doctor she mentioned Fibromyalgia!! Did a little bit of research but it seems to be anither one of those catchall illnesses....they don't really know what it is or what causes it so they just lump everything like that under that umbrella....just like IBS. Ian Smith the chemist, told me once that there was no such thing as IBS. It was just something that the doctors called it when they didn't know what was wrong!!

wickerinca
27-Jan-06, 20:58
Want to pm me porshie and I'll tell you more?:)

unicorn
27-Jan-06, 22:06
Has anyone tried giving up all bread and yeast products yet? Honest it worked wonders for me but maybe I was just lucky! I actually need to put some weight back on now cos friends and family are grumping at me lol you just cant win lol

porshiepoo
27-Jan-06, 22:20
Has anyone tried giving up all bread and yeast products yet? Honest it worked wonders for me but maybe I was just lucky! I actually need to put some weight back on now cos friends and family are grumping at me lol you just cant win lol

I know just how you feel! Its such a burden to have to put weight back on isn't it? lol. I knew I'd lost a tad too much when the kids couldn't see me hiding behind a drainpipe during a game hide n seek. :lol: Yeah right....I wish!

As for the bread etc.... yep it definately makes me bloated, but I've just had a sandwich anyway cos i'm starving. Still, I'm not tucking into the choccy biccies so it must be better.

paris
28-Jan-06, 10:57
OK i forgive you!

Saveman
28-Jan-06, 11:05
So Monday's the big day for all you lose-weighters!
Time for a motivational speech:

*clears throat* Don't give up! EVER! If there's one thing you learn from me today, let that be it.

Thank you for your attention.

paris
28-Jan-06, 11:25
So Monday's the big day for all you lose-weighters!
Time for a motivational speech:

*clears throat* Don't give up! EVER! If there's one thing you learn from me today, let that be it.

Thank you for your attention.

A very big thank-you Savey, it sure helps when your fighting the flab and get encouragement from others ! xxxxx

connieb19
28-Jan-06, 19:12
Roll on Monday.... I feel like a stranded whale....you should see what i'm trying to "get rid of" from my frezer and cupboards before I start the diet...lol..today my beeper went off when I was down town and the folks thougt i was reversing..lol:Razz

angela5
29-Jan-06, 00:46
i'm 20 stone and proud i love my flab so does anyone i meet..hmmmm:lol: whats a diet i have never heard of such codswallop. eat eat and be merry.

canuck
30-Jan-06, 05:01
Hello all,

Sorry to be going to the front of the line. Although it is still Sunday where I am it is Monday in Caithness and you called for weigh in today. I am off first thing in my morning for a week, but I wanted you to know I am hoping to be part of your project.

The ten pounds which I want to loose came from the bakeries, restaurants and kitchens of Wick a year and a half ago. Since I have made no headway in getting it off, I decided that some good Wicker help might be just what I need. And that should start me on a good pattern to get the next 15 or 20 off and back to near my pre-baby weight. The youngest is 20 so it is about time.

Likely my biggest contribution to the program will be my availability to the Caithness crew who get up to eat in the middle of the night. That to me is the most deadly aspect of weight control. So, while it is 3 am there, I will be just shutting down for the day (10 pm) and can talk you out of that cookie or giant glass of milk. We'll see how it works. I did my first chat room thing today and survived. The quiz was great.

All the best to everyone and I will check in next week to see how it is going.

Canuck

paris
30-Jan-06, 11:21
OMG been on the scales.... 14ST 6LB. there ive said it. come on its monday , weigh in day. good luck all .

DrSzin
30-Jan-06, 11:39
14ST 6LBWhat a coincidence, that's the numberplate of my wee car. :)

FWIW I'm trying to lose a few pounds too. I'm trying to eat & drink less, and walk and run more. Not much success thus far I'm afraid.

rich62_uk
30-Jan-06, 11:46
I just cant say it on here, however I will confess my sins to Paris and trust her with it lol......Trish.

krieve
30-Jan-06, 11:47
If it is your number plate dr szin you better delete it all the lassies will be searching for you lol

Whitewater
30-Jan-06, 11:55
At 13st 10lb I am also trying to loose about one and a half stone, It will come off when the summer gets here, more salads etc. I must be a relic from times gone bye, where we used to feed up for the winter and get a layer of fat on to keep out the cold, but Oh dear, it is difficult to get it off as I do like my food.

krieve
30-Jan-06, 12:00
good on you's for admitting your weight i don't even want to adimt my own weight to myself never mind on here maybe i should on second thoughts i won't lol

Geo
30-Jan-06, 13:04
I'm not doing a weekly weigh in. Weighed myself on Thursday though and had lost another 4lbs, so that's 12lbs in total. Was able to fit comfortably into an old pair of jeans that had got too tight!

Saveman
30-Jan-06, 14:01
Good work Geo! Whats your secret?

weeboyagee
30-Jan-06, 14:16
Right.

That does it. :mad:

After another weekend of indulgence that's enough. Gym tonight and swimming pool. Did it beofre and lost 3.5 stones in 3.5 months. Squidge - you know I did it before and I'll do it again. So here we go. I know the weight I am (cause I weighed myself last night) and nearly died of shock!

C'mon the rest of you - the good weather we're seeing today is a sign of summer - so get rid of the flab and lets get fit! Eat good, little, often and no junk food. Last time I did it I had no fried food, no fat and the carbohydrate got burned up (but watch the amount!) You definitely need to exercise though - Thurso or Wick gyms and the swimming pools - get the timetables. Get your butts on a bike or take yourself for a walk. Team up with a friend (but DON'T rely on them - cause if they stop, you'll stop!). Have a goal and go for it, try a month - sometimes a week is not enough and you end up demoralised!

Late into this thread but raring to go - whose all doing it?????

WBG :cool:

Geo
30-Jan-06, 14:23
Good work Geo! Whats your secret?

If I said, it wouldn't be a secret :-)

Smaller portions, limiting processed foods, snacking on fruit as necessary and a bit more active.

auldalto
30-Jan-06, 14:33
Started yesterday. No sweets,chocolates,and I even WALKED to my friend's
house last night.

Where are the gym's in Thurso? I would go to the swimming pool but don't want to flood the surrounding area when I jump in!

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 14:33
Good luck to all of you just starting your weight loss plan.
Thats not so bad Paris, just remember how it makes you feel and that'll be incentive enough to keep going - maybe hubby can get on one too and lose that pot belly? LOL.
Well. I still ain't saying what I weighed but I'll tell you how much I'm losing. Only problem is I was supposed to weigh myself this week but chickened out. :( The thought of not having lost anything seems to be keeping me on track at the mo.
I know I must be losing some though cos my jeans are definately looser around the waist - I don't have to walk like a robot now unable to bend or move from the waist cos they're so tight, and I've been having to hoist my trousers up all day - Wow great feeling!!!!!!!!

I've just tried the Jordan workout - not my thing. The killer abs part is quite a let down. :( Having said that, I did think the first workout was way too easy, yes I was puffing and panting and glad it was over and then......I found out that was just the warm up. lol.
Taebo tomorrow I think then a blast on the total trainer.

How are all you guys doing for exercise?

auldalto
30-Jan-06, 14:34
Started yesterday. No sweets,chocolates,and I even WALKED to my friend's
house last night.

Where are the gym's in Thurso? I would go to the swimming pool but don't want to flood the surrounding area when I jump in!

paris
30-Jan-06, 15:24
Well I've just done my weekly shop and no cakes, crisps, sweets etc brought lots of salad bits ,meat, fruit etc. to be honest its quite daunting really but instead of my toast with thick butter , tea with 2 sugars i had a black tea no sugar and an apple. cant believe i did that !! wasn't that bad either. Right of to our games room to do a workout now( inhalers in hand ) so this time next week i want to have lose about 4/5lb. stick with it crew , we WILL do this i promise, just support each other and in a few months time who know, maybe a big meet-up to strut our stuff!! jan x

WE CAN AND WILL BEAT THIS XXXXX

wickerinca
30-Jan-06, 16:08
Ok...I am here and raring to go. I have been at the bike training for three weeks now and haven't lost an ounce!! Seriously!!.........and at meal times I use a salad plate and hubby gets a dinner plate. Messes with your mind if you use a big plate and it only looks half full compared to his but if you have a small plate and it looks as full then you don't feel so cheated!! Also after dinner I treat myself to one of those Lindt truffle ball things that I got for Christmas. Usually on a sunday we have a full dinner with dessert but I didn't make any pudding yesterday.........so there is no leftovers for today either!!! Best part...scraping the dish after Bread and Butter pudding..mmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Oh well off to the bike again with my glass of water!! I now weigh 12st 4lbs and for someone who weighed 8st for most of my adult life that is just not good enough. There!!! First time anyone apart from my husband and my doctor knows what I weigh now!! I hope that you lot are going to be there cause I need help with this!! I'll be there for you and like Canuck I am behind you timewise so when you are wandering around at 1 in the morning just log on!! Time to get into the cycle shorts...not a pretty sight....for the present anyway:D :D

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 16:53
OK Wickerinca don't lose hope.
What else are you eating during the day???? You have to have a decent breakfast to get your metabolism into gear and burning that fat, even if you just make a smoothie or something.
Keep up with the biking though and thats a great tip re the dinner plate lol, I must admit I do serve up huge portions at dinner. My husbands mum always used to say 'It's better to have too much than not enough', I guess I always lived by the rule, till now that is.
The problem I'm having now is actually wanting to eat during the day, I'm just not hungry. I've not eaten today so far and the same has been for the last 3 days and thats seriously so out of character for me. I've got dinner on now but I'm really not wanting any of it. :~(

I think Wickerinka you may be getting a few people logging on in the early hours on this topic, reaching for the biccy tin cos we can't sleep, I'll pop on during the night too as I don't go to bed much before 2am and if Paris is still the same then neither does she.

paris
30-Jan-06, 17:48
going out tonight to the pub ( only be drinking ice water) but yes i will be on again later about 1ish. see you all later you over weight insomniacts!!!

wickerinca
30-Jan-06, 18:10
Ok.........back from the bike. Up to 50 mins this week!! Still can't imagine me doing these major bike rides but hubby assures me I will be raring to go by July!! It's ok porshiepoo.......I do eat in the morning and you should be too!! Tell her paris!!! I am trying that awful stuff Special K with some dried cranberries (not the chocolate coated ones that are a favourite Christams treat for some Wickers!!) and a large glass of fresh apple juice. Dogs are delighted with the Special K thing as they love it and the little fella will even chomp a cranberry or two that I might have missed!!
Right nust go and have a shower and then it is lunchtime. Tuna and pasta salad today...with a bit of greenery!![disgust] Hubby is away on business for a couple of days so I can live on Lean Cuisines.... you'll know them Canuck??

The one saving grace is that I can't fall of this bike!! I fell off one coming along Thurso Road in Wick and made a BIG hole in the front of my helmet!! It was a Specialized brand and the Bike Shop in Inverness sent it back to the company for me as these things are under warranty. I got a lovely new one sent back to me with a letter noting their amazement that I hadn't done myself any damage considering the damage I had inflicted on their helmet!!! Hard head.....and neck according to some!!:)

connieb19
30-Jan-06, 18:29
Aww, I forgot all about the diet today:cry: I just had 2 cream eggs and a packet of minstrels too..yummy.. and my pizza's in the oven.
Oh well it looks like nother night of seeing how much I can pack in me before I start the diet tomorrow..lol:roll:

wickerinca
30-Jan-06, 18:42
quote=connieb19]Aww, I forgot all about the diet today:cry: I just had 2 cream eggs and a packet of minstrels too..yummy.. and my pizza's in the oven.
Oh well it looks like nother night of seeing how much I can pack in me before I start the diet tomorrow..lol:roll:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: That was a good one!! Talk to you tomorrow...hope that your memory improves before then!!

wickerinca
30-Jan-06, 18:44
Right.

That does it. :mad:

After another weekend of indulgence that's enough. Gym tonight and swimming pool. Did it beofre and lost 3.5 stones in 3.5 months. Squidge - you know I did it before and I'll do it again. So here we go. I know the weight I am (cause I weighed myself last night) and nearly died of shock!

C'mon the rest of you - the good weather we're seeing today is a sign of summer - so get rid of the flab and lets get fit! Eat good, little, often and no junk food. Last time I did it I had no fried food, no fat and the carbohydrate got burned up (but watch the amount!) You definitely need to exercise though - Thurso or Wick gyms and the swimming pools - get the timetables. Get your butts on a bike or take yourself for a walk. Team up with a friend (but DON'T rely on them - cause if they stop, you'll stop!). Have a goal and go for it, try a month - sometimes a week is not enough and you end up demoralised!

Late into this thread but raring to go - whose all doing it?????

Yeah...we should all sign -up or something!!?? BTW WB do you know Henry from Alness???

weeboyagee
30-Jan-06, 18:58
Yip - I sure do! He's not originally from Alness - he's from Skye via Lewis....many a wee dram we've had together! But no more 'til I shift about 500 of them tied around my waste with the pints that accompanied them - by the way - there is another thing - you guyz have to STOP DRINKING!!! :cry:

weeboyagee
30-Jan-06, 19:00
By the way wickerinca - do you know malcolm dog? Bet when she sees this thread she'll be searching out the jogging bottoms........................................... ....

weeboyagee
30-Jan-06, 19:01
......................for her husband!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

connieb19
30-Jan-06, 19:02
Yip - I sure do! He's not originally from Alness - he's from Skye via Lewis....many a wee dram we've had together! But no more 'til I shift about 500 of them tied around my waste with the pints that accompanied them - by the way - there is another thing - you guyz have to STOP DRINKING!!! :cry:

WBG :cool:i hope I remember by the time Saturday night comes....lol
my memorys not that great sometimes!!!:roll: :Razz

paris
30-Jan-06, 19:15
Aww, I forgot all about the diet today:cry: I just had 2 cream eggs and a packet of minstrels too..yummy.. and my pizza's in the oven.
Oh well it looks like nother night of seeing how much I can pack in me before I start the diet tomorrow..lol:roll:

CONNIEb19... go to your room and stand in the corner, you bad girl ! I just love a cream egg, or 2 or 3 .!
Ive been really good today, had tea black no sugar, 1 apple, and a huge ham salad. Going to make a potato and leak soup tomorrow(which i learnt to make in caithness) so every time i feel a bit peckish i can have a cup full, bit like a cup-a-soup on tap LOL . Going to stick to a pint of iced water at the pub tonight as well, arent i being good?

rich62_uk
30-Jan-06, 19:26
Ahhhh Cadburys Cream Eggs
Nibble the top off then gently lick the inside out, then eat the chocolate in one go and lick fingers........ I WANT ONE :( Trish.

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 19:28
And I don't believe you for one minute Paris. lol.:lol:
Pint of water indeed - and those piggies are flying all over the place eh!!!!! unless that pint of water is laced with vodka of course!!lol.

connieb19
30-Jan-06, 19:32
Nibble the top off then gently lick the inside out, then eat the chocolate in one go and lick fingers........ I WANT ONE :( Trish.just have it..you deserve it..you've been good all day..lol:Razz

porshiepoo
30-Jan-06, 19:33
Nibble the top off then gently lick the inside out, then eat the chocolate in one go and lick fingers........ I WANT ONE :( Trish.

Nooooooo! Shove the whold thing in and.............suck!

How do you eat yours!!!!:o

rich62_uk
30-Jan-06, 19:34
just have it..you deserve it..you've been good all day..lol:Razz

How many calories do you think ? Trish.

connieb19
30-Jan-06, 19:40
How many calories do you think ? Trish.it's just one little egg and if you eat it quick enough noone will ever know...lol:evil

shrek_donkey
30-Jan-06, 19:50
OMG i always new i was fat i just weighed myself and to my shoke i am :cry: a wopping 24st don't laugh please help me :o i am going of to cry how could i let this happen :cry:

angela5
30-Jan-06, 19:55
OMG i always new i was fat i just weighed myself and to my shoke i am :cry: a wopping 24st don't laugh please help me :o i am going of to cry how could i let this happen :cry:

stand up and be proud you don't want to be a twiggy, you can join me we can have a fatties thread where we share what junk food we stuff in us all day.

connie) cream eggs i'll eat 4 and think nothing of it come on ladies is a cream egg really going to hurt you, treat yourselfs you know you want it.

scrapydoo
30-Jan-06, 20:01
stand up and be proud you don't want to be a twiggy, you can join me we can have a fatties thread where we share what junk food we stuff in us all day.

connie) cream eggs i'll eat 4 and think nothing of it come on ladies is a cream egg really going to hurt you, treat yourselfs you know you want it.
Omg you are going to start a thread on beached whales that is so funny lol lol lol lol lol lol lmao

angela5
30-Jan-06, 23:31
Omg you are going to start a thread on beached whales that is so funny lol lol lol lol lol lol lmao

i never said i was going to start a thread on beached whales a thread about whales is on here somewhere, i said "all us fatties".:roll:

angela5
30-Jan-06, 23:34
anyone give into temptation then and eat a yummy cream egg? if no go on eat one there tiny anyway thats why i eat 4.:Razz

weeboyagee
30-Jan-06, 23:40
Right,.....day one over. Five cups of decaf with semi skimmed milk, cup-a-soup (slimmers packet), slice of toast (plastic white bread), two tatties, slice of bacon (unsmoked with no fat), one egg, half slice of tea loaf. Glass of diet coke. 50 mins in the gym for which I am now going to have a hot bath and sooth the old bones!

Whats the calorie count - I must have lost 2 stone in one day :( ........roll on day 2, I canna wait :cry:

caithnessboyagee
30-Jan-06, 23:46
Can any one join this lose weight club you all have going ?

connieb19
30-Jan-06, 23:46
Right,.....day one over. Five cups of decaf with semi skimmed milk, cup-a-soup (slimmers packet), slice of toast (plastic white bread), two tatties, slice of bacon (unsmoked with no fat), one egg, half slice of tea loaf. Glass of diet coke. 50 mins in the gym for which I am now going to have a hot bath and sooth the old bones!

Whats the calorie count - I must have lost 2 stone in one day :( ........roll on day 2, I canna wait :cry:Weeboyagee..you'll be fading away to nothing.. you must eat more than that. You'll make yourself ill. Just do what I do, eat on the fly...noone ever finds out...lol;)

angela5
30-Jan-06, 23:48
Can any one join this lose weight club you all have going ?

i think its open to all members well it should be,you fancy a cream egg then?

angela5
30-Jan-06, 23:49
Weeboyagee..you'll be fading away to nothing.. you must eat more than that. You'll make yourself ill. Just do what I do, eat on the fly...noone ever finds out...lol;)

everyone will find out connie your rolls of pounds wont disappear:roll: how many cream eggs you had today then?

rich62_uk
30-Jan-06, 23:53

Whats the calorie count - I must have lost 2 stone in one day :( ........roll on day 2, I canna wait :cry:

I know how you feel (I didn't eat a chocolate egg I resisted) I did try "Martine McCutcheon dancebody and feel amazing" and wondering when the amazing bit starts, I am really hungry hurt all over and I have found today really hard.....Trish.

angela5
30-Jan-06, 23:57
I know how you feel (I didn't eat a chocolate egg I resisted) I did try "Martine McCutcheon dancebody and feel amazing" and wondering when the amazing bit starts, I am really hungry hurt all over and I have found today really hard.....Trish.

just think you've got tomorrow to look forward to[lol] hungry, aching, go on trish eat a cream egg mmm[lol]

connieb19
31-Jan-06, 00:00
I know how you feel (I didn't eat a chocolate egg I resisted) I did try "Martine McCutcheon dancebody and feel amazing" and wondering when the amazing bit starts, I am really hungry hurt all over and I have found today really hard.....Trish.Trish..i wish I had your willpower..I just had half a packet of chocolate digestives with my tea..lol:evil

angela5
31-Jan-06, 00:01
Trish..i wish I had your willpower..I just had half a packet of chocolate digestives with my tea..lol:evil

i had a whole packet after my dinner:lol:

unicorn
31-Jan-06, 00:02
thats 3 of me and more
good luck with diets everyone!!

paris
31-Jan-06, 01:55
Well i did my bit at the pub tonight( just got in ) and guess what ? Not one drink touched my lips just iced water. Also there was a birthday cake going round and i didnt even have a bit of that. Im so chuffed with myself. YIPPI, first day over and i feel slim already. Whats all this about choccy biscuits AND cream eggs, Shame on you ! See you all tomorrow. jan xx

connieb19
31-Jan-06, 09:35
m off to a good start today...i fancied a boiled egg but my microwave is broken, so I had a bowl of rice krispies instead...fingers crossed I do better than yesterday..lol:Razz

paris
31-Jan-06, 10:28
Morning connieb19.. whats a broken microwave got to do with boiling an egg???? LOL i thought most people boiled eggs on top of a cooker in a saucepan of water....... Right young lady , today's mission, NO talking of cream eggs. I was so tempted myself. honestly i was. but i didn't have one.
Breakfast consists of a pear and a black tea. Failed the keep fit thing yesterday , well i said i was of to do it but i didn't and must say i had a little giggle to myself, i felt quite naughty really, Oh what the hell ill do it today.
Hows everyone feeling after day 1 ?

weeboyagee
31-Jan-06, 10:44
Thin!.............................just don't look it!

Get to the gym you lot!

You'll have fun - you won't look out of place (most of the gym goers are all there for the same reason!).......and when i was there last night I am sure there was one or two orgers there! Anyone want to team up so that someone is there that has been before?....PM me. I go to Thurso gym most nights at tea time - its the best time - you're exercising when you are normally eating and I find it cools the appetite - you don't each so much when you come out 'cause you're all sore!!! Well,....not THAT sore but you feel good for what you did.............

.......go on - give it a try! Off for another cup of coffee, I know it's not good for you but I can't stand breakfast in the morning - avoiding the choc biscuits at morning tea break is a killer tho' !!! So far, so good......

squidge
31-Jan-06, 10:53
Here is my days nosh

Breakfast

Porridge - made with semi skimmed milk - use one of the easy sachets they are the right quantity.

Mid morning

ryvita or piece of toast

Lunch

chicken salad ( peppers onions cucumber lettuce) with honey and soy sauce dressing

Afternoon

Muller light yoghurt

Dinner

Cajun spiced salmon with green beans and salad

I eat loads of slad cos i like it but you could change to your own vegetables. I never eat salad as a "side" on my plate. I put it in a bIg bowl - throw a dressing over it - which i usually make rather than buy - mix it up and plonk my meat/fish etc on the top of it. It looks like you have loads and it warms the dressing and the salad which is lovely

Also nice is the bags of watercress, rocket and spinach just slightly wilted in the pan

its yummy - and fingres crossed im on the right road

wickerinca
31-Jan-06, 15:46
Morning connieb19.. whats a broken microwave got to do with boiling an egg???? LOL i thought most people boiled eggs on top of a cooker in a saucepan of water....... Right young lady , today's mission, NO talking of cream eggs. I was so tempted myself. honestly i was. but i didn't have one.
Breakfast consists of a pear and a black tea. Failed the keep fit thing yesterday , well i said i was of to do it but i didn't and must say i had a little giggle to myself, i felt quite naughty really, Oh what the hell ill do it today.
Hows everyone feeling after day 1 ?

Good one paris. Must say I was a bit confused about the boiled egg thing myself:lol: I'm feeling not to bad...although I did succumb to one of those Lindt choccy things before I went to bed. Hubby's fault as he is away!! Have to tell you though that your breakfast food isn't a good choice. Been to hell and back with a Nuitritionist so have a bit of info to share here. You should eat protein at breakfast at least 4 times a week and the other days should be a cereal based scoff. I can't remember all the detail but I am sure there must be something on the web about it....has to do with the rate that you burn carbs as opposed to protein. Think that it did help a bit when I stuck to it but I am a lazy eater in the morning and can never be bothered to cook something....hence the Special K and fruit things!!!:lol: Been known to eat a Mars Bar (Kingsize) for breakfast as I couldn't be bothered to sort something else out:o :o

paris
31-Jan-06, 17:01
HIM in doors took me out on the bike today for lunch. HE sat down to a roast, me i had a ham salad. Could of done with stew and dumplings , god it was cold hurtling down the road, ended up with organ stops! he he .

angela5
31-Jan-06, 19:37
for breakfast i had toast and 2 fried eggs, mid morning bacon roll and coffee, lunch lentil soup and 2 buttered ham rolls, followed by a starbar:grin: .
i've not that long finished my dinner roast chicken, tatties, veg then creamy rice pudding. a moment ago the hunger pang came back so i've had 3 cream eggs i just love them, the coop has 6 for £1.99. roll on mid-evening snack.

rich62_uk
31-Jan-06, 19:55
Well I have been really good all day with one exception but I walked really fast up to the school to burn some of it off, the hardest part will be tonight no snack no large evening meal and most importantly no drink.......oh and I really ache today am I the only one who feels a bit low about this ?.....Trish.

angela5
31-Jan-06, 20:01
I've been watching what i eat since New Year going to the gym aswell and i've lost 6ibs, I'm delighted, keep up the good work everyone else it makes you feel loads better.

wickerinca
31-Jan-06, 20:03
No....you are not alone!! But there was a very nice lady who ran a Weightwatchers group that I once went to. She told me that a drink or two a day wouldn't hurt you...especially if you laid of the fizzy mixers. She always told me to count a glass of wine as a fruit.....so if you haven't managed your 5 to 20 portions today............!!!;) :lol:

squidge
31-Jan-06, 20:07
There was an article in the Herald i think this week which was about the "wine diet" the guy who is their wineexpertneededto diet but wine is his livlihood so he found lower calorie wines and allowed himself half a bottle a night - and he lost tons of weight cos he put up with his diet as he could have his treat.

Sounds good to me "hic"

rich62_uk
31-Jan-06, 20:08
No....you are not alone!! But there was a very nice lady who ran a Weightwatchers group that I once went to. She told me that a drink or two a day wouldn't hurt you...especially if you laid of the fizzy mixers. She always told me to count a glass of wine as a fruit.....so if you haven't managed your 5 to 20 portions today............!!!;) :lol:

Gonna ring hubby fast tell him to get the wine boy do I feel better cheers :lol: ......... Trish.

paris
31-Jan-06, 20:09
for breakfast i had toast and 2 fried eggs, mid morning bacon roll and coffee, lunch lentil soup and 2 buttered ham rolls, followed by a starbar:grin: .
i've not that long finished my dinner roast chicken, tatties, veg then creamy rice pudding. a moment ago the hunger pang came back so i've had 3 cream eggs i just love them, the coop has 6 for £1.99. roll on mid-evening snack.

You little devil you LOL

paris
31-Jan-06, 20:13
Well I have been really good all day with one exception but I walked really fast up to the school to burn some of it off, the hardest part will be tonight no snack no large evening meal and most importantly no drink.......oh and I really ache today am I the only one who feels a bit low about this ?.....Trish.

Stick with it Trish, were all behind you, i feel great cos by the summer i KNOW im gonna look good.( Dream on jan )LOL

wickerinca
31-Jan-06, 20:17
Gonna ring hubby fast tell him to get the wine boy do I feel better cheers :lol: ......... Trish.

You are welcome. It is my mission in life to try and bring a little cheer to someone's day....every day!!:lol:

wickerinca
31-Jan-06, 20:45
There was an article in the Herald i think this week which was about the "wine diet" the guy who is their wineexpertneededto diet but wine is his livlihood so he found lower calorie wines and allowed himself half a bottle a night - and he lost tons of weight cos he put up with his diet as he could have his treat.

Sounds good to me "hic"

Right there with you Squidgey....must help the man to prove that it can be done!!! I have to wait for 3 or 4 hours yet as Dr Szin did not approve of me having plonk in the morning!!:p

wickerinca
31-Jan-06, 23:19
A little poem for you all!!

Oh how true..............

'Twas the month after Christmas and all through the house Nothing
would fit me, not even a blouse. The stuffing I'd nibble, the turkey
I'd taste The yummies I'd eaten gone straight to my waist.
The wine and the mince pies, The bread and the cheese
I should have just said, "Just lettuce leaves, please."
So as I dressed myself in my boyfriend's old shirt,
I couldn't believe my belly - what girth!
I said to myself "All foods I must ban
as I can't spend the year disguised as a man!"
So away with the last of the sour-cream dip,
Get rid of the fruitcake, every cracker and chip.
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
'Til all the additional ounces have vanished.
I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.
Instead I'll chew on a long celery stick.
I won't have Irish coffees, or chocolates, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly I'll cry:
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore-
But isn't that what January's for?"
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot,
Happy New Year to all - I hate this diet!!!!

For those who are affected by this poem you can ring the special
diet
helpline on the following number: 8080 80028 (Ate Nothing, Ate
Nothing, Ate Nothing, Nothing to Ate)!:lol:

paris
31-Jan-06, 23:24
That just about sums it all up! BRILLIANT !

wickerinca
31-Jan-06, 23:40
Thought that it might give you a smile!!

paris
31-Jan-06, 23:44
CONFESION TIME !!!!! just had a bowl of ice cream i didn't want, ate it for the sake of it and really cross now, AND im watching the biggest looser program as well ( its about people trying to lose weight ) feel Ive let myself down big time. HELP !

wickerinca
31-Jan-06, 23:51
CONFESION TIME !!!!! just had a bowl of ice cream i didn't want, ate it for the sake of it and really cross now, AND im watching the biggest looser program as well ( its about people trying to lose weight ) feel Ive let myself down big time. HELP !

Its ok paris!! I'm just going to scoff a butterscotch jelly pudding thing with a chopped up banana and a dollop of Nutella on top!! I'm blaming Landmarker!!:p It's ok to let yourself down sometimes....same as it is ok to feel smug when you manage to be good...well only in private as smugness is such an unattractive trait!!!:lol:
It's great that you fessed up, though!! Good on you!;)

connieb19
01-Feb-06, 00:22
i've been good as gold all day..i'm starving now..just fed the cat and even his food looked tempting..lol:D

Moira
01-Feb-06, 01:12
Wickerinca - loved the poem but that darn helpline number is not working - keep getting the "unobtainable" tone :~( Hope this is not an omen of my dream to be a size 12.
I'd not officially joined the slimmers here - I've been going it alone for a couple of weeks now - but I have been "snooping" to see how you're all doing ;)
Stick with it, guys & gals - I've lost 4lbs by just cutting out the biccys etc & snacking on fruit instead. I find night-times the worst but luckily have been busy over the past couple of weeks - so less time to think about eating. I must be the only person in the world who does not like creme eggs - but right now I could swallow one whole!

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 01:50
i've been good as gold all day..i'm starving now..just fed the cat and even his food looked tempting..lol:D

Oh Connie!!:lol: :lol:

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 01:52
Wickerinca - loved the poem but that darn helpline number is not working - keep getting the "unobtainable" tone :~( Hope this is not an omen of my dream to be a size 12.
I'd not officially joined the slimmers here - I've been going it alone for a couple of weeks now - but I have been "snooping" to see how you're all doing ;)
Stick with it, guys & gals - I've lost 4lbs by just cutting out the biccys etc & snacking on fruit instead. I find night-times the worst but luckily have been busy over the past couple of weeks - so less time to think about eating. I must be the only person in the world who does not like creme eggs - but right now I could swallow one whole!

I know what you mean Moira. I am not a night time snacker but do find myself making a cup of tea during the day and then raking for something to eat!! Think that it is a throwback to when I used to smoke!!:D I don't like cream eggs either!

paris
01-Feb-06, 11:09

Know just what you mean connieb19 . our has got nice crunchy biscuits and a tin of tuna today. mmeeeeoooowwwww ! wish i was the cat today.

porshiepoo
01-Feb-06, 11:21
God, I feel bad! I was naughty last night and had one of lidls syrup sponge's with double cream. Eek!
I've just done a Davina workout but now I'm slathering just looking at the chocolate chip cookies.
I won't eat all day, I won't eat all day, I won't eat all day! Aaaaahhhh - that's better!! NOT!!!

paris
01-Feb-06, 11:27
Porshie, what am i going to do with you? At least my sin was ice cream and not double cream. Right your punishment.....run round your land 3 times, stick to the fence and NO cheating.

weeboyagee
01-Feb-06, 14:20
....and going strong! Gym last night again - for over an hour! Died in the hot bath! Same - 5 cups of de-caf with the unskimmed milk during the day, cup-a-soup (low calorie) and slice of toast, medium portion of lasagne and cup o' tea before bed.

Today has been a good start too. Still feel as though I could eat a horse. Gym tonight again. Stomach constantly churns......feed me,....feed me.....

Don't have anything in the house that I shouldn't eat so can't break the rules, no choc biscuits, no meat, ham, etc, etc......

Anyone watch the Celebrity Fit Club? if they can do it - so can you - but get out and exercise - do it indoors if you must - but much better getting out.

Going to Mull at the weekend - that will test my endurance - going by my past experiences over there I feel a hangov........ I mean headache coming on already!

Hows the rest of you doing? :)

paris
01-Feb-06, 15:58
Just had my dinner which consisted of a chicken salad and a cup of lemon tea. Not bad. Getting used to the idea of not eating sweets biscuits and cakes. I'm not saying i don't crave for them because i do VERY much and what makes it worse is when everyone else in my house is eating what they want and also say how nice it is..... Nasty when your trying to fight the flab. Im not getting any support from home so i am surviving this with the help from all on c.org.

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 17:00
You are doing well, hang in there! I haven't long finished my breakfast...that awful Special K stuff!! We had a major snowfall last night so spent about an hour and a Half digging out along the garden path so that the boys can get out for their toilet!!! Reckon that must be worth a Choc chip cookie[evil] ..No I won't . I won't..I'll be good!!:D

paris
01-Feb-06, 17:14
Wickerinca... keep out of that biccy jar you little devil ,Lol

paris
01-Feb-06, 17:16
Whos actually onthis diet then?

lets make a list.... me first.. PARIS 1

wickerinca
01-Feb-06, 17:57
I did!!!...keep out of the jar, I mean:grin: I made myself busy clearing the top of my desk and the temptation went away...well mostly!!
I'm in..Wickerinca 2!!

porshiepoo
01-Feb-06, 18:41
porshiepoo 3.:Razz
Been busy all day working outside so I don't feel quite so bad about the pud now. :Razz

paris
01-Feb-06, 19:21
R yes porshie but did you do your forfit running around your land ?

unicorn
01-Feb-06, 19:25
when your belly is rumbling fill up with pasta!!!!

paris
02-Feb-06, 18:58
Had a good day today. Made a big pot of veg soup (will last for days ) LOL and not wanted anything naughty all day. Mind you the stupid scales still say the same. Hows everyone else doing?

connieb19
02-Feb-06, 19:04
Had a good day today. Made a big pot of veg soup (will last for days ) LOL and not wanted anything naughty all day. Mind you the stupid scales still say the same. Hows everyone else doing?I've done well the last couple of days..my clothes feel more comfortable already.. I havn't weighed myself though just incase it's disheartening and I give up again..I have more energy already too, just by cutting out all the crap..gym next step...:grin:

canuck
02-Feb-06, 19:06
I have just discovered that I can log on even though I am not at my own computer! Live and learn!

I too am part of the "club." Is that person 4?

For me, this week will not be the success story we are all looking for. Wine and restaurants don't lend themselves to weight control. But you inspired me to avoid the food kiosks and to keep pacing the corridor in the Atlanta airport on Monday. Air travel makes me hungry and layovers are so boring, but I kept saying to myself "that paris person, that wickerinca, that porshie are all hanging in there, so can I."

Keep at it all. Where I am, the outdoor swimming pool isn't quite warm enough for exercise. It better lends itself to a relaxing backdrop to the lounge chairs where I can retire with a good book and a "glass of." If I had wishes, I would wisk you all here. We could find a beach and walk off all that Christmas pudding. When my grandparents moved to Canada 90 years ago, they didn't leave behind their Scottish cookbooks.

All my encouragement with the dedication to the task at hand. The worst is the first week. That sugar addiction is hard to break. But once you do, your spirit does improve.

Canuck

wickerinca
02-Feb-06, 20:10
Let me assure you I would love to be there with you!! And it would be great with Paris and porshiepoo too!! We would soon set the world to rights...especially if we had a few 'fruits'!!:lol:

By the way girls....and boys!! Dark chocolate has more disease fighting antioxidants and is lower in fat than milk chocolate. Just a little fact I thought that i would throw in there!![evil] :lol: :lol:

paris
02-Feb-06, 21:24
Canuck.. Wickerinca... Porshie..Whens the next flight? LOL Oh if only. Can i ask what you two in Canada do for a living? Im an at home mum of 4 , 3 have left home and 1 still to go, shes only 15 bless her. I also have my 5yr old grandson living here with us( that's another story ) Anyway i don't do as much exercising as i should but do run about for the 2 kids still at home, and hubby, so even though i don't jump about to the latest CD workouts i should still be losing weight as I've cut out all the sugar, bread, and spuds. If by next Monday i haven't lost a lb i will get me a CD to do , with the curtains drawn of course. LOL

wickerinca
02-Feb-06, 21:42
Canuck.. Wickerinca... Porshie..Whens the next flight? LOL Oh if only. Can i ask what you two in Canada do for a living? Im an at home mum of 4 , 3 have left home and 1 still to go, shes only 15 bless her. I also have my 5yr old grandson living here with us( that's another story ) Anyway i don't do as much exercising as i should but do run about for the 2 kids still at home, and hubby, so even though i don't jump about to the latest CD workouts i should still be losing weight as I've cut out all the sugar, bread, and spuds. If by next Monday i haven't lost a lb i will get me a CD to do , with the curtains drawn of course. LOL

I don't do anything...well some volunteer stuff and a lot of gardening when the weather is in it!! I have tried some of those exercise videos and some of them are very good but it is more fun when there are two or three good friends there to help!!! I need someone to motivate me but all of my friends here work and by the time they get home at night they aren't into leaping about!!:grin: Apart from the bike training I was planning on going to yoga and there is supposed to be water aerobics starting up at a nearby pool so might go and try that saying as how I have learned to swim....at last!!! And I love it now!! You sound busy enough without having to do a cd and that is really good cutting out all of those carbs@@ Way to go paris!!:) Proud of you!!

porshiepoo
02-Feb-06, 22:26
I have just discovered that I can log on even though I am not at my own computer! Live and learn!

I too am part of the "club." Is that person 4?

For me, this week will not be the success story we are all looking for. Wine and restaurants don't lend themselves to weight control. But you inspired me to avoid the food kiosks and to keep pacing the corridor in the Atlanta airport on Monday. Air travel makes me hungry and layovers are so boring, but I kept saying to myself "that paris person, that wickerinca, that porshie are all hanging in there, so can I."

Keep at it all. Where I am, the outdoor swimming pool isn't quite warm enough for exercise. It better lends itself to a relaxing backdrop to the lounge chairs where I can retire with a good book and a "glass of." If I had wishes, I would wisk you all here. We could find a beach and walk off all that Christmas pudding. When my grandparents moved to Canada 90 years ago, they didn't leave behind their Scottish cookbooks.

All my encouragement with the dedication to the task at hand. The worst is the first week. That sugar addiction is hard to break. But once you do, your spirit does improve.

Canuck

Be careful what you wish for canuk, you may just find yourself deposited with many orgers. lol.[lol]

Wickerinca, yoga is brilliant. I've done it at classes in Wick but I bought myself a good video and it's just the same. It's great for IBS as well.
In fact the best yoga type thing I've tried is called callenetics - do you remember it? It was a fad a few years ago and has now been replaced with pilates and yoga. Well callanetics is fantastic too and loses weight really really quickly. Get yourself on ebay and get a cd for a couple of quid - well worth it.;)

So! Anyone looked up the cost of flights to Canada yet????????? lol.

weeboyagee
03-Feb-06, 12:04
......day five and still going strong - just finshed tea break and that's the second de-caff coffee of the day with semi skimmed milk and NO breakfast. I know it is not good for you but I can't stick breakfast in the morning and it works for me. Gym four nights this week and again tonight! Broken body will need rested this weekend.

Can't wait til Monday - I better have lost or it will be the head I'll be loosing!

Only one full meal a day - even then i wouldn't call it a full meal! Just over 1000 calories per day. Was hard for the first two days but I feel a difference now and that's all I need now to keep me going! :)

You guyz getting the exercise in as well?????

As for flights to Canada - I'm heading over this year and malcolm dog is coming over in April - flights are good on globespan.com - if you book far enough in advance you can usually get them cheap enough but it depends entirely on the time of year.

angela5
03-Feb-06, 12:25
Sounds like some of you are doing really well..good luck and keep up the hard work.:D

connieb19
03-Feb-06, 16:52
......day five and still going strong - just finshed tea break and that's the second de-caff coffee of the day with semi skimmed milk and NO breakfast. I know it is not good for you but I can't stick breakfast in the morning and it works for me. Gym four nights this week and again tonight! Broken body will need rested this weekend.

Can't wait til Monday - I better have lost or it will be the head I'll be loosing!

Only one full meal a day - even then i wouldn't call it a full meal! Just over 1000 calories per day. Was hard for the first two days but I feel a difference now and that's all I need now to keep me going! :)

You guyz getting the exercise in as well?????

As for flights to Canada - I'm heading over this year and malcolm dog is coming over in April - flights are good on globespan.com - if you book far enough in advance you can usually get them cheap enough but it depends entirely on the time of year.

WBG :cool:I wish I could be half as motivated as you weeboyagee, the diets going quite well but the gym is hmmm...thats another story..lol..well done!!!:grin:

wickerinca
03-Feb-06, 17:24
Got talking to a laddy at the Ice rink last night and she is one of these 'Gym Mistresses...not the school gym but the one us grown people go to. She is also a dietician!!and she gave me some tips that I thought you might appreciate!! It is important to drink a lot of water as ths fills your bowg up!!.A glass half an hour before a meal will help.Emm?...trying to remember them...When doing the hoovering or ironing or whatever put on some favourite music and dance!!(.dancing with the hoover eh!? Mind you it has probably got more rhythm than hubby!![lol] [lol] ) She says just wiggling your bum will help!!

She also mentioned the smaller plate thing but she said that it is good if you can sit at the table and eat and talk, and make sure that you chew your food slowly as then you can have less on your plate than whoever you are sitting with but don't notice it the same as you should finish about the same time .....does that make sense:confused:

Off to shake my bum with the ironing board:lol:

DrSzin
03-Feb-06, 18:00
When doing the hoovering or ironing or whatever put on some favourite music and dance!!(.dancing with the hoover eh!? Mind you it has probably got more rhythm than hubby!![lol] [lol] ) She says just wiggling your bum will help!!OMG, that sounds like the old Shake 'n' Vac ad -- God forbid. :lol:

I've been eating a bit less, drinking a bit less (but not much less), and walking to and from work very quickly twice a week. It's start but not much more than that...

wickerinca
03-Feb-06, 18:14
OMG, that sounds like the old Shake 'n' Vac ad -- God forbid. :lol:

I've been eating a bit less, drinking a bit less (but not much less), and walking to and from work very quickly twice a week. It's start but not much more than that...

Never use the stuff.........soooo unhealthy! Shake 'n' Vac I mean.... but you do get the picture!!

I got sidetracked on other threads but now I really am off to dance with the ironing board:~(

paris
03-Feb-06, 18:53
Connieb19..You and me the same on last thread of yours, can do the diet thing OK its just the keep-fit thing im having probs with. every day i say i must do a workout CD but by the time i think of it again its time for bed.... mind you i suppose i could go shake my bum at karaoke tonight, cant sing as i have a sore throat. LOL And im still on the iced water at the pub.

connieb19
03-Feb-06, 23:41
Never use the stuff.........soooo unhealthy! Shake 'n' Vac I mean.... but you do get the picture!!

I got sidetracked on other threads but now I really am off to dance with the ironing board:~( remember when i first left home..i moved into a furnished flat and it was really grubby. I put half a tub of shake n vac on the matress and instead of hoovring it off I just put the sheets on top...well, talk about scratch. I blamed the bed and said it had fleas....lol[para]

connieb19
04-Feb-06, 00:53
GGGrrrrrrrr.....I thought I was dong soooo well too until i bent over just now and heard a loud rrrrrriippp!!!!! I've spit the whole backside out of my pyjamas...Whats the number for the gym, im going first thing tomorrow morning...:o [mad]

wickerinca
04-Feb-06, 03:37
GGGrrrrrrrr.....I thought I was dong soooo well too until i bent over just now and heard a loud rrrrrriippp!!!!! I've spit the whole backside out of my pyjamas...Whats the number for the gym, im going first thing tomorrow morning...:o [mad]

Sorry........can't talk[lol] [lol]

paris
04-Feb-06, 10:34
Just had to weigh myself today, couldn't wait till Monday.....Ive been so good and the only bad thing i had was a bowl of ice cream so guess what ??......Ive not lost a dam pound! Am i cheesed of or what. It looks like I've got to exercise weather i like it or not...God i cant believe this. The other reason may be that the scales I've borrowed from my neighbour dont work properly so im of to tescos to weigh myself, only thing is it talks to you and you never know who's standing behind you LOL OH no , I've just thought ...what if i weigh more than my neighbours scales say i do... that's it im of to hibernate now x

connieb19
04-Feb-06, 11:30
Just had to weigh myself today, couldn't wait till Monday.....Ive been so good and the only bad thing i had was a bowl of ice cream so guess what ??......Ive not lost a dam pound! Am i cheesed of or what. It looks like I've got to exercise weather i like it or not...God i cant believe this. The other reason may be that the scales I've borrowed from my neighbour dont work properly so im of to tescos to weigh myself, only thing is it talks to you and you never know who's standing behind you LOL OH no , I've just thought ...what if i weigh more than my neighbours scales say i do... that's it im of to hibernate now xThats the reason I dont really bother with the scales..I'ts so disheartening sometimes and just puts you on a binge..I go by how i'm feeling and how my clothes fit..Don't let the scales put you off Paris, the healthy eating is bound to be doing you some good:o)
I've ordered myself some new trainers and stuff for the gym..so I have to go..i'm not spending that money for nothing..
Good luck Paris..keep up the good work...

wickerinca
04-Feb-06, 15:59
Just had to weigh myself today, couldn't wait till Monday.....Ive been so good and the only bad thing i had was a bowl of ice cream so guess what ??......Ive not lost a dam pound! Am i cheesed of or what. It looks like I've got to exercise weather i like it or not...God i cant believe this. The other reason may be that the scales I've borrowed from my neighbour dont work properly so im of to tescos to weigh myself, only thing is it talks to you and you never know who's standing behind you LOL OH no , I've just thought ...what if i weigh more than my neighbours scales say i do... that's it im of to hibernate now x

Hi paris...don't get down on yourself....it can take up to two weeks to get any results!!! It may be better doing like Connie says and watch your clothes....you could even measure yourself......you know the 36 -24-36 bit and gauge your success that way!!!! Marilyn Monroe (How on earth do you spell her last name?...no way looks right!!:confused ) was a size 14 so I'm going for that as I don't think I am going to get rid of the weight of some parts of my body...if you get my drift!!![smirk] Hang in there gril....we are all with you!!...now where did that slice of cardboard called ryvita go?...hope the dogs have eaten it!!:grin:

paris
04-Feb-06, 16:43
OH dear !!!!! cry sob cry sob cry sob...... HA HA i lied I've just come back from tescos where i weighed myself and I've lost 3lb since Monday .. YIPPI and i thought my neighbours scales were wrong, well they might be but im sticking to the tescos ones now even though they near as dam-it shout out your fat content is..bla bla bla and so on , so girls/guys cutting out all the cakes and biscuits crisps etc does work and I've not exercised once. Just think how much i could lose by Monday if i did a fat CD aswell.
I can asure you porshie i wont be having home grown saddle bags on the bike this summer.OOOOOOWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! EXCITED OR WHAT !X love to all dieters . jan x

wickerinca
04-Feb-06, 16:50
OH dear !!!!! cry sob cry sob cry sob...... HA HA i lied I've just come back from tescos where i weighed myself and I've lost 3lb since Monday .. YIPPI and i thought my neighbours scales were wrong, well they might be but im sticking to the tescos ones now even though they near as dam-it shout out your fat content is..bla bla bla and so on , so girls/guys cutting out all the cakes and biscuits crisps etc does work and I've not exercised once. Just think how much i could lose by Monday if i did a fat CD aswell.
I can asure you porshie i wont be having home grown saddle bags on the bike this summer.OOOOOOWWWEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! EXCITED OR WHAT !X love to all dieters . jan x

Way to go paris. soooo pleased for you .....:grin: . Yahooooooooooooooooo!

rich62_uk
04-Feb-06, 17:17

CONGRATULATIONS..........wtg Paris........ Trish.

canuck
04-Feb-06, 19:40
I don't think that we have found any prizes to award our champion loosers, but paris you sound like you are well on the road to winning this weeks challenge. Good on you gal! (or is that good off you!)

It has poured rain for 2 days in central Florida, so yesterday was mall day! I am sure that I heard a Caithnessian (definately Scottish) accent from a group of short pant clad tourists. (But then I am just as likely to hear the same accent in any mall in Burlington.) One of the stores lured us in with the wafting smell of chocolate. It was a huge shop dedicated to M&M candies. There were rows and rows of multicoloured candy covered chocolate buttons and hundreds of things like T-shirts and bath towels with M&M logos. One interesting display honoured the Star Wars characters, the M pire collection. Drszin, the only male in this club of dedicated woman, might be interested with the special special Darth selection of dark chocolate candies.
The point of this travelogue is to tell you that I used your collective encouragement to ward off the tempting spirits. Not a penny left my hand bag in the M&M Store, not a single candy passed my lips.

So, keep up the good work you have all been doing. This bike trip some of you are preparing for sounds awesome.

canuck

weeboyagee
04-Feb-06, 23:25
Day six and I lapsed a bit - but I managed five nights in a row in the gym!!! Entertained Alice in Blunderland and her husband tonight, Potato and Leek soup, Peppered Steak with carrots in honey and whole grain mustard, iced sponge and custard for the last course. All washed down with champagne. Back to the gym tomorrow to get rid of what I ate!!!

Feeling a difference but not going to do the weigh in until Monday! Don't want to get a shock disappointment! By the way - I confess - I had two pints last night with my mate - couldn't resist it, after all , I don't get to the Smiddy all that much :cry: - but considering I felt so weak (aye right!...) after the gym, I needed to replenish the dramatic loss in energy hahahahaha,..........

Monday here we come.......

rich62_uk
04-Feb-06, 23:28
Day six and I lapsed a bit - but I managed five nights in a row in the gym!!! Entertained Alice in Blunderland and her husband tonight, Potato and Leek soup, Peppered Steak with carrots in honey and whole grain mustard, iced sponge and custard for the last course. All washed down with champagne. Back to the gym tomorrow to get rid of what I ate!!!

Feeling a difference but not going to do the weigh in until Monday! Don't want to get a shock disappointment! By the way - I confess - I had two pints last night with my mate - couldn't resist it, after all , I don't get to the Smiddy all that much :cry: - but considering I felt so weak (aye right!...) after the gym, I needed to replenish the dramatic loss in energy hahahahaha,..........

WTG ........ keep it up !!!!! Trish.

angela5
04-Feb-06, 23:29

A little of what you fancy never hurts :grin:

weeboyagee
05-Feb-06, 00:17
........depends on how you do it! Oooops, sorry,.....you talking about food and drink?......lol :D

angela5
05-Feb-06, 00:22
........depends on how you do it! Oooops, sorry,.....you talking about food and drink?......lol :D

Naughty . Naughty [para] yes a little iced sponge and custard is good for you.

DrSzin
05-Feb-06, 03:31
It has poured rain for 2 days in central Florida, so yesterday was mall day! I am sure that I heard a Caithnessian (definately Scottish) accent from a group of short pant clad tourists. (But then I am just as likely to hear the same accent in any mall in Burlington.) One of the stores lured us in with the wafting smell of chocolate. It was a huge shop dedicated to M&M candies. There were rows and rows of multicoloured candy covered chocolate buttons and hundreds of things like T-shirts and bath towels with M&M logos. One interesting display honoured the Star Wars characters, the M pire collection. Drszin, the only male in this club of dedicated woman, might be interested with the special special Darth selection of dark chocolate candies.
The point of this travelogue is to tell you that I used your collective encouragement to ward off the tempting spirits. Not a penny left my hand bag in the M&M Store, not a single candy passed my lips.Canuck, I think you do a disservice to Geo and Weeboyagee, they are surely more deserving members of the male side of the club. I haven't achieved much this week, but I did go for my first run for more than 5 weeks today, and I can tell you it wasn't much fun. I only ran 2 or 3 miles, and only quite slowly, but the weather made up for my lack of speed. It was a bright sunny day here in Scotland's capital city and the air was punctuated only by the happiness of Hearts fans a couple of miles away.

As for my chocolates, I'll leave them to others. I'll never be a chocoholic however hard I might try.

Now where might you be in central Florida? Well, Mickey Mouse lives there, but Florida is a big place, so you may not be holed up in his skirting board. If you are, then Islands of Adventure is the best theme park around IMHO.

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 14:20
Confession time......I was in Weatherspoons yesterday and had steak pie and chips...I lost count of the number of drinks i had...but i'm back on track today..too rough to touch a thing..lol:roll:

weeboyagee
05-Feb-06, 16:00
......good that you're back on track connie19, one slip and it's all too easy to fall off the wagon and not get back on it! Don't let the temptation get to you too often or all your efforts will be down the plug!

Just back from going out on the bike with my nephew, my pal's wife who owns the Smiddy saw me after I got back and commented how much more knackered I looked compared to my nephew - I really needed that :lol:

Sitting back feeling satisfied with the effort of the week and watching the rugby - c'mon the Scots!!!

I am actually looking forward to the gym tomorrow - it can become something that you get addicted to (believe it or not!......)

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 16:09
......good that you're back on track connie19, one slip and it's all too easy to fall off the wagon and not get back on it! Don't let the temptation get to you too often or all your efforts will be down the plug!

Just back from going out on the bike with my nephew, my pal's wife who owns the Smiddy saw me after I got back and commented how much more knackered I looked compared to my nephew - I really needed that :lol:

Sitting back feeling satisfied with the effort of the week and watching the rugby - c'mon the Scots!!!

I am actually looking forward to the gym tomorrow - it can become something that you get addicted to (believe it or not!......)

WBG :cool:I know myself how addictive the gym is...it's getting there for the first time that's my problem. Once I get motivated to go I love it too, you have so much more energy. Right thats it..i'm definately starting again next week...:grin:

weeboyagee
05-Feb-06, 16:29
......don't let yourself down! I know - once you get there the first time it's so much easier after that. It's the "not knowing what everyone else will think" or the "I will be the only one who will not look as though they have been before" or the "I won't be as good on the machines as everyone else and that will embarass me".....and all the rest of the psychological mayhem going on inside the head - but nobody is thinking it! They may look at you coming in but its more the squeak of the door that gets folks attention than anything else!

Go on you lot - go for it - you will enjoy it and it gets the system boosted into giving up its fat reserves!

Week 2, ready to go tomorrow. Weigh in results tomorrow evening everyone eh? :)

paris
05-Feb-06, 17:08
Promiss you wont shout at me..i have a confession to tell. Last night we had a motorbike club form peterborough come over to our local in Boston, about 1hrs drive away. Anyway we got to our local and not much going on there so we moved on to somewhere else. Well with out thinking i just ploughed in to this big tray of sarnies the pub had layed on for us, and sausage rolls. Wasnt untill the end of the evening i realized i was on a diet... but all is not lost...i was still drinking my iced water LOL . Going to get back on track monday. Keep up the good work dieters, dont forget weigh-in tomorrow, jan x

connieb19
05-Feb-06, 17:11
Promiss you wont shout at me..i have a confession to tell. Last night we had a motorbike club form peterborough come over to our local in Boston, about 1hrs drive away. Anyway we got to our local and not much going on there so we moved on to somewhere else. Well with out thinking i just ploughed in to this big tray of sarnies the pub had layed on for us, and sausage rolls. Wasnt untill the end of the evening i realized i was on a diet... but all is not lost...i was still drinking my iced water LOL . Going to get back on track monday. Keep up the good work dieters, dont forget weigh-in tomorrow, jan xTUT TUT PARIS......lol only kidding, as long as you get back on track today i'm sure it wont do too much harm..at least you had a good night..:grin:

DrSzin
05-Feb-06, 17:44
WBG, you've inspired me. I'm off for a run before it gets dark. :)

Bingobabe
05-Feb-06, 18:21
to all you people who are trying to lose weight a few tips for you dont bother waisting your money on self help tapes dvds or books they are alot of nonsense you want to lose weight do it the old fashioned way healthy eating and exersise oh yes exersise the dreaded task

wickerinca
05-Feb-06, 18:24
Hey girls.........and boys!! It is ok to fall off the wagon.....as long as we get back on:D ...and let's all pretend that we are Catholic.............once we confess all is forgiven!! I know that the wheels will probably come off tonight as the Superbowl is on and we are going over to a neighbours' house for a turkey dinner.......may have a fruit or two....if you get my drift!!!:roll: Their daughter is playing in the final of an Interprovincial Ringette tournament this afternoon so that is cause for celebration too!! I don't even know who is playing in the Superbowl (much prefer rugby)....but it is the done thing here so just have to join in!!![lol]

weeboyagee
05-Feb-06, 19:17
......good for you Doc,....run by Gorgie - it will give you inspiration! Then round by Murrayfield - that should be good for 3 miles if you take the right routes - but avoid getting tempted into the celebrations in Edinburgh today given the rugby result! WBG :cool:

canuck
05-Feb-06, 21:55
Live from Orlando! But I am not a Disney fanatic so it is off to Daytona to walk on the beach this afternoon. Much of the Atlantic beaches were washed away during the 2004 Hurricanes, you know the ones we got in Scotland after they had wiped out half of Florida. But the scouts tell us that there is some sand over where the cars race. It isn't much warmer here than in Wick, but still better than Ontario where there have been ice storms. Those are miserable things.

As to the Superbowl, the teams are the Seattle Seahawks and the Pittsburg Steelers. At the M&M Store there were bags of sweeties in the team colours. Wickerinca is correct, it is a big event in North America. Parties go on for days in preparation. Actually, the best part of the game is the commercial time. Sponsors pay millions of dollars for 15 second spots. In Canada we don't get the American commercials. Somehow they are technically removed from our broadcasts. But we did get Janet Jackson and her costume malfunction.
Scotland will be in slumberland while the game goes on. It is being played in Detroit and set to start about 8 pm and will end about midnight.

As to the real theme of this thread, I think that I have actually managed to loose 1 pound this week. Also, at the gym really nobody is looking at you. I have been to the gym in Wick. The techies were fabulous and they even taught me how to use the rowing maching. The swimming pool is wonderful, and not just because it was the only warm place in town. And Dr. Runnerman, the Commonwealth Pool at the University of Edinburg is also fabulous. I went years ago as part of a pilgrimage. I had friends who had won medals in that pool and I had to do a lap in homage. I am still on the theme of encouragement here. You see, I didn't start swimming until I was well into my 40's. If I could get into that pool anyone can! Keep up the exercise!!!

The question will soon come up, why if I know all this stuff do I need to be part of the club. Well, you have to keep working at it! It is so easy to loose your motivation and eat one (or 40) too many Wick shortbreads.

Bye for now.

canuck

wickerinca
05-Feb-06, 23:00
Hi Canuck!!..Thanks for the names of the teams!! Just on our way over to the neighbours now! It is thick fog and drizzle here.......just like being at home!!! I didn't start swimming until in my 40's either and now I love it!! Want to try waterskiing and windsurfing. I am sure that I will be rubbish at both of them but just some of those things that I want to do!!:o) See........or at least.hear from you all tomorrow for the Weigh Inn:evil

wickerinca
06-Feb-06, 20:48
My!!!..the silence is deafening!!:D So..I'll go first. I lost................wait for it................................................ .................................................. .....................not an ounce, not even a smidgen of unwanted fat/flesh/whatever has managed to shed itself from my body!! All of that exercise and self-deprivation for nothing. I can only hope that the rest of you have managed to do a bit better!

I am off in the huff now[disgust] [mad] :cry:

DrSzin
06-Feb-06, 21:03
......good for you Doc,....run by Gorgie - it will give you inspiration! Then round by Murrayfield - that should be good for 3 miles if you take the right routes - but avoid getting tempted into the celebrations in Edinburgh today given the rugby result! WBG :cool:Hmm, I can think of more pleasant places to run than Gorgie Road. Maybe you like traffic fumes more than I do. :lol:

Anyway, I had a great run yesterday, much better than on Sat. I went the same route but much faster. :)

Well wickerinca, I lost half a pound last week -- less than the daily fluctuations in my weight -- so you're in bad company. Must do better this week...

Canuck, how was Daytona Beach? I haven't been there, but I've been to nearby Cocoa Beach -- but only because it featured a lot in the movie The Right Stuff. I prefer the Gulf Coast beaches.

weeboyagee
06-Feb-06, 21:59
Didn't get to a weighing scales tonight - did get to the pool though. I will weigh in tomorrow and tell you - and I promise I will tell you the truth! :)

canuck
07-Feb-06, 05:45
First, the weigh in part: well, at least I held my own!

Now the fun part. I suspect that most of you know one another and that I am the outsider, but it has been delightful getting to know the nameless personalities who are part of the club and to watch you interact with one another.

WBG: Glad to see that someone is using the Wick Pool. I am back home now and hope to get in a few laps tomorrow. I totally agree with you that The Old Smitty is the best pub in the world.

paris: I was much relieved to read on the other thread that your name came from the family pet. In the airport today I found a book called "French Women Don't Get Fat." I was a little worried that with a name like paris you might have an unfair advantage over we poor ones with the celtic genes.

Dr. S: I think that all the west coast beaches are pretty much the same, very flat and very long. Daytona was wonderful. There were even a few crazies running their cars along the sand. It was so good to feel the Atlantic and know that Scotland was just across the pond. For Disney illiterates like myself, Islands of Adventure is a theme park dedicated to the roller coaster. It must be driving those single track Highland roads that turns people into coaster monsters.

Wickerinca: I hope that the SB XL party was a success and that you didn't indulge in too many munchies. We flew over Pittsburg today and it seemed intact. Football fans just aren't soccer fans!

Now for a question to the club members: Do you think that we have created a new kind of reality show? This thread has a huge number of hits associated with it. I figure that the serious club members account for 200 or 300 but there are another 2500 hits beyond that. Maybe our fans could throw us a party when we reach our goals. The invitation is still open to visit here. When last I checked airfare was about $500 (240 pounds) from Toronto to Glasgow.

Here's to a healthy eating Tuesday.

canuck

weeboyagee
07-Feb-06, 11:00
Morning canuck! Quick coffee at work (de-caf with semi skimmed milk!!!)

Thanks for the encouragement - but although I am from east of the county I swim (when I can) and gym in Thurso. I got back to the Wick gym funnily enough last Friday night. Lighting is cooler in there and it is not so crowded - also I noticed they have one more tread mill than Thurso!

The swim yesterday was in Inverness before I came back up the road from business 'cause I was going to be too late by the time that I got back!! :) I should be back in the Wick Pool in the next week or two - i have managed to fit in with the timetable after being absent for about a year-and-a-half! I miss that pool - we are spoiled in Wick - it is clean, well maintained and the staff are excellent.

Will be in Maple, Ontario later this year - speak to malcolm dog! They are coming over in April for a wee shindig on 1st April!

Weigh in tonight after gym - will be posting the result at about 8pm - stay tuned for the next episode of Celebrity Caithness.org Fit Club!.......

golach
07-Feb-06, 11:09
......good for you Doc,....run by Gorgie - it will give you inspiration! Then round by Murrayfield - that should be good for 3 miles if you take the right routes - but avoid getting tempted into the celebrations in Edinburgh today given the rugby result! WBG :cool:
DrSzin dont go near Dalry or Gorgie, they will mug ye for your nyke trainers, thon lot could steal the milk oot o your tea an come back and steal the sugar, come past the hallowed land Easter Road we have a better class o mugger down here

DrSzin
07-Feb-06, 13:52
DrSzin dont go near Dalry or Gorgie, they will mug ye for your nyke trainers, thon lot could steal the milk oot o your tea an come back and steal the sugar, come past the hallowed land Easter Road we have a better class o mugger down hereI'll be fine golach, I dinna wear Nike shoes. :lol:

canuck
07-Feb-06, 16:09
WBG - When your trip gets closer, we'll set a date and do salad and unsweetened iced tea at some posh place in downtown Toronto.

canuck
07-Feb-06, 16:11
... But leave your Nike shoes at home. All the cousins of the Edinburg muggers live in TO.

wickerinca
07-Feb-06, 16:18
WBG - When your trip gets closer, we'll set a date and do salad and unsweetened iced tea at some posh place in downtown Toronto.

Welcome back from your vacation canuck!

Although I am a wicker born and bred, I do not know most of the people on the forum........although I have a inkling about a couple of them. I think that friendships can grow through the site.....even with people that you don't entirely agree with:D Anyway healthy debate is good for you as you have to question yourself!

I moved to Canada in 1995 and have only lived in the Maritimes although I have been to Toronto and Montreal. I'll have to see if we can meet up somewhere!! I would hope that the invite to wbg would extend to me.......and of course, if you are ever heading east...... I think there may be the odd place that serves reasonably healthy food here[lol] [lol]

canuck
07-Feb-06, 16:41
Absolutely, we shall all get together when wbg comes over. We can meet malcolm dog and teach him all our healthy eating tricks.

wickerinca
07-Feb-06, 17:40
Absolutely, we shall all get together when wbg comes over. We can meet malcolm dog and teach him all our healthy eating tricks.

Sounds like plan:grin: :grin:

Alice in Blunderland
07-Feb-06, 20:01
That does it I think I will join in and try to shed a few pounds for Weeboyagees do got to look my best on such an important occasion for an important wee boy any one else going or has he not invited the Caithness.org fit club members

weeboyagee
07-Feb-06, 20:06
Jeez,....so much to comment on tonight!!! Right, first things first! Given the breaking news from the BBC today DrSzin, you better avoid Tynecastle on your run.......it looks as though war is about to break out again!....:lol:

........go get mugged by the Easter Road Casuals :rolleyes:!!!!....until it's safe to return - I'll tell you when the coast is clear!

Canuck and wickerinca - malcolm dog is actually female, married to Harold and living in Maple, Ontario, her son rgm1982 is one of the teenage posters on the org! So there are plenty of you Canadians part of the big org's family! Meeting up in Canada sounds like a great idea - any other orgers wanna go? By the way canuck, you will be invaded next year....I believe there is going to be a lot of us Celts coming over to compete in your festival - probably your Celtic Colours festival!!!!

.....and finally.....back to the topic in question......I have lost 5lb exactly - thought it would be more but pleased with that. Big boost for making sure I keep on the right track for the next few weeks and months! How did you guyz do?????

Alice in Blunderland
07-Feb-06, 20:14
Well done WBG keep up the good work;) and when can I come to dinner again you can make a salad.:lol:

connieb19
07-Feb-06, 20:18
5lb weeboyagee..well done. I'm scared to go on the scales, I havn't been on them for about a year. I was starting to feel a bit more comfortable, then I went out on Saturday and I feel huge again. Ive been eating quite sensibly but I think I definately need to get to the gym soon to give me a boost..:o
Has any-one tried the Atkins Diet..what like??

wickerinca
07-Feb-06, 20:27
That does it I think I will join in and try to shed a few pounds for Weeboyagees do got to look my best on such an important occasion for an important wee boy any one else going or has he not invited the Caithness.org fit club members

NO!!!!.....now what do is this? I notice that he avoided all mention of it. The WBG has done well to lose 5 lbs and he is probably this week's champion!!:o)

By the way WBG.......I think that the Celtic Colours Festival is usually held in Cape Breton in early October.....and if that is the one that you are going to then I will definitely see you there:grin:

paris
07-Feb-06, 21:03
WBG, just done a Monday evening weigh-in and ive also lost 5lb. Been really hard and yes i did cheat last week, not intentionally though, just sort of forgot i was on a diet! LOL
Had my hair done yesterday and got a pair of Rock boots so feeling really good about myself as well.Still dont fit in my favourite jeans so the work-out starts tomorrow.
CONNIEB19.... yes ive done the Atkins diet, im sort of doing it now just adding my own bits to it ie eating fruit and alot more greens than your meant to have. I can honestly say if i had of done it by the book and exercise aswell i COULD of easily lost a stone in the first week, but its not one of the better diets to go on ,so the papers say, just modify it to your own liking and yes it does work.
Week 2 and were almost on day 2 of that, Really pleased with EVERY-ONES efforts and dont give up.
WE WILL BE THINNER ...LOL Jan xxx

wickerinca
07-Feb-06, 21:14
WBG, just done a Monday evening weigh-in and ive also lost 5lb. Been really hard and yes i did cheat last week, not intentionally though, just sort of forgot i was on a diet! LOL
Had my hair done yesterday and got a pair of Rock boots so feeling really good about myself as well.Still dont fit in my favourite jeans so the work-out starts tomorrow.
CONNIEB19.... yes ive done the Atkins diet, im sort of doing it now just adding my own bits to it ie eating fruit and alot more greens than your meant to have. I can honestly say if i had of done it by the book and exercise aswell i COULD of easily lost a stone in the first week, but its not one of the better diets to go on ,so the papers say, just modify it to your own liking and yes it does work.
Week 2 and were almost on day 2 of that, Really pleased with EVERY-ONES efforts and dont give up.
WE WILL BE THINNER ...LOL Jan xxx

Well done Paris!!:lol:

unicorn
07-Feb-06, 21:19
is anyone watching you are what you eat? what is it with checking out peoples poo yuck!!!

connieb19
07-Feb-06, 21:25
is anyone watching you are what you eat? what is it with checking out peoples poo yuck!!!I watch it every week..they make me look like a health freak..lol:eek:

golach
07-Feb-06, 21:33
Jeez,....so much to comment on tonight!!! Right, first things first! Given the breaking news from the BBC today DrSzin, you better avoid Tynecastle on your run.......it looks as though war is about to break out again!....:lol:

........go get mugged by the Easter Road Casuals :rolleyes:!!!!....until it's safe to return - I'll tell you when the coast is clear!

Go to Tynie and get mugged by the Russians :Razz

wickerinca
07-Feb-06, 22:00
Forgot to mention that Hubby called to ask me if there was anything special that I wanted for Valentine's Day........I mentioned that I wouldn't mind a tummy tuck. Seems one of his coworkers had to help pick him up off the floor when he fell off his chair from laughing so hard. Guess that's not going to happen then:~(

greeneyes
07-Feb-06, 22:33
Well guys,have been back at the gym for 2 weeks now with a mate and its going well,clothes feeling looser so i'm praying it continues,mind you when i'm huffing and puffing away on the treadmill i look around and wonder if there are any ladies/guys from here in at the same time?
Keep it up all you other ''losers''!!!.

weeboyagee
08-Feb-06, 00:01
When you guys going into the gym (Wick or Thurso)? Could do with knowing and then we can encourage each other to keep going. I don't know if I'll be Wick or Thurso gym tomorrow night? :confused: !!!

canuck
08-Feb-06, 05:45
Today was one of those "first day back after vacation" days when there isn't a free moment. I was going to use the extreme busyness of it all as an excuse to avoid the swimming pool. But, then I remembered the "club". I was energized just thinking about you. I know that we don't have an "oath" of support, but I sense a need to be loyal. (And now that I have read the evening's posts and it looks like we have one huge party coming up, I have to take this really seriously.)

When dinner time (tea time) rolled around and I was just finishing a long, serious meeting I was tempted to the dark side by an invitation to eat out before going on to the evening meeting. I wavered on that one. I felt your voices calling, "eat slim, go home and cook slim". But the invitation was from a really good looking guy, so I compromised, I would find a salad on the menu. Your spirits saved me again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I notice that the number of "views" has jumped to over 3000. The Caithness.org Fitness Club has become an instant international sensation. Soon Bill Fernie will want pictures to post on the news portion of the website!

We haven't heard from porshie for awhile. She seems to be the carrier of much wisdom and we need her back in the fold. I am sorry that I wrongly guessed on malcolm dog's gender. But, in my own defence, I am the person who had no idea that some of you were men. Learning the technical ways of a being part of a forum is much trial and error. Speaking of technical things, DrSzin you need to empty your PM file. Your fan mail has it full and overflowing.

Some of you are doing absolutely marvelous work. Keep it up.

And have a happy, healthy Wednesday.

canuck

canuck
08-Feb-06, 06:02
I just discovered these little green rectangles under our posting info. Another way to send secret messages! No wonder people can get addicted to the web.

greeneyes
08-Feb-06, 10:38
Well,i'm off to the gym this afternoon and poss.tomorrow night as well.Does anyone have any nice recipes they'd like to share that are quick and easy.

paris
08-Feb-06, 10:56
Forgot to mention that Hubby called to ask me if there was anything special that I wanted for Valentine's Day........I mentioned that I wouldn't mind a tummy tuck. Seems one of his coworkers had to help pick him up off the floor when he fell off his chair from laughing so hard. Guess that's not going to happen then:~(

Funny you should mention about tummy tucks, do you remember when Ann diamond supposedly lost all her weight, turned out she had a tummy tuck and decived the nation( so hubby's just told me ).
I have a friend who is having it done on the 27th of Feb, £6000 !!!! and a bit of lypo thrown in. What it is to have money . Would you have it done?? i would, believe me.
Anyway to give you all a bit of a giggle!!!!! my equipment arrived last night, via a friend, a thing that resembles skiing. bolts all in place, and of i go. Just imagine it, there i am really giving it some serious work-out and to save my embarrassment lets just say i am now the owner of a few rather large bruises and a pair of rather damp knickers. My hubby was crying with laughter and so were the 7 or so people who just happened to be peeping at me via a patio door. they were my daughters friends who had come round unbknown to me and with the CD player belting out a bit of James blunt, your beautiful the stupid thing started to fall to pieces and i ended up in a undignified heap on the floor-hence the bruises and damp knickers from laughing. Oh well we live by our mistakes i suppose.. jan x

DrSzin
08-Feb-06, 12:08
Speaking of technical things, DrSzin you need to empty your PM file. Your fan mail has it full and overflowing.Not mine. :confused

It filled up a couple of nights ago but I made some space yesterday morning, and there's still plenty there.

Paris, I'm exercising my stomach muscles by laughing at your last post -- thanks! :D

Last but by no means least..

Congrats to WBG and Paris for shedding 5lbs each. You are joint winners of the inaugural Loser of the Week award.

Maybe I should run past Tynecastle or Easter Road -- I might run faster if it's for my life.

I must try harder. I must try harder. I must try harder...

porshiepoo
08-Feb-06, 17:23
Well, just got back from a weekend down south with my family. Had a great time. Didn't go too overboard with the eating either. We did go out for a meal sunday night and I stuck to the smothered chicken, all was going well till I saw the 'monster chocolate' advertised, Ooops! It's a dessert for two and is full of icecream, profiteroles, chocolate sponge, cream, choccy buttons, flakes etc, and I ate one to myself.:o In my defence my sister did bet me that she would be able to eat one and I wouldn't. I couldn't walk away from a bet like that could I!

Well, I haven't gotten around to weighing myself yet, I'm kinda scared to. lol.
I did go in Boots the other day intending to weigh in there but as I started to take my coat off I realised I'd forgotten to take my pyjama top off. lol. I was sooooooo embarrassed!
So now I'm saving that particular torture for another day but I'll let you all know what the outcome is.

Well done to all of you that are losing weight and those of you that are getting all the exercise. It really does make you feel better afterwards doesn't it?
Keep up the good work y'all.