PDA

View Full Version : Fruit anyone?

Tymey
24-Jan-06, 14:29
I am making an effort to eat my 5 portions of fruit each day.

I love a tasty dessert pear. What is your favourite fruit?

Saveman
24-Jan-06, 14:42
I am making an effort to eat my 5 portions of fruit each day.

I love a tasty dessert pear. What is your favourite fruit?

Big juicy melons.

Coop is selling smoothies for 64p which make up two of your five a day! Saves you having to chomp through too much of the healthy stuff everyday! ;)

Geo
24-Jan-06, 15:12
Bananas are my favourite.

Ashes
24-Jan-06, 15:28
Cut up 5 fruits in a bowl and put on a fruit yogurt. "Lovely"
Kind regards Ashes

krieve
24-Jan-06, 15:44
Kiwi , melons , apples, strawberrys are my favourite yummy

Venture
24-Jan-06, 16:03
Having been on a diet now for over nine months I got sick of eating all the usual fruits but I have found a substitute which also covers the five a day idea. Somerfields stock bags of frozen summer fruits made by Ross Frozen Foods. The bag includes, cranberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackcurrants, blueberries and cherries. Put them in a bowl and sprinkle with sweetner like Splenda and leave to defrost. I keep mine in the fridge and eat them when I feel like something sweet.

As an alternative I sometimes take the frozen fruit add ice and a splash of orange juice blitz them in the blender and you have delicious sorbet.

Cocoa
24-Jan-06, 16:30
i luv sweet strawberreez!
yum yum :p

Julia
24-Jan-06, 16:57
Gooseberries, yum!

buggyracer
24-Jan-06, 17:01
Just buy a bag of mixed frozen berries from the supermarket and place in a blender with orange/apple juice and blend and you have a delicious fozen smoothie!!

moose and Lindsay
24-Jan-06, 17:11
I love fruit and i wish i could eat more, but i am allergic to most fruits, all i can eat is apples, so i would have to say apples is my favourite, but i loved banana butties, can't eat them now tho!!!

Lindsay

paris
24-Jan-06, 17:19
I used to eat a lot of kiwi fruit, then one day my mouth swelled up and I've had an allergic reaction to them ever since.

Liz
24-Jan-06, 19:31
I also like a nice juicy pear! However, usually find that the pears you buy in the Supermarkets are as hard as neeps!
Like Kiwi Fruit as well but, again, they are usually hard and when you put them away in the cupboard by the time you remembered they were there they've gone all mushy!:(

Where is the best place to buy fruit do you think?

Like the idea of the frozen fruit(will have more vitamins etc than fresh as well) and Smoothies!

_Ju_
24-Jan-06, 20:40
I also like a nice juicy pear! However, usually find that the pears you buy in the Supermarkets are as hard as neeps!

Liz, buy williams pears. They are hard and green when you buy them, but get yellow, juicy as they rippen. You just have to wait to thr right time to eat them. Don't ever buy them ripe already, because then they are bruised beyond repair!

Liz
24-Jan-06, 20:51
Liz, buy williams pears. They are hard and green when you buy them, but get yellow, juicy as they rippen. You just have to wait to thr right time to eat them. Don't ever buy them ripe already, because then they are bruised beyond repair!

Thanks for the tip Ju!:D

spiggie
24-Jan-06, 20:51
Water melon, bananas, stawberries, kiwi fruits and grapes yum

landmarker
24-Jan-06, 22:20
I always have a glass of fresh squeezed in the morning , followed by one or two bits of fruit. Apple/Satsuma/Banana with me butties during the course of the day.

Fruit and oily fish keep you healthy I'm told. I hope so. I'll soon begin to resemble a Mackerel!

Alice in Blunderland
25-Jan-06, 23:00
Mango is a favourite of mine followed by bananas.I dont buy my mangos here though as they are not as tasty as the ones in a little fruit shop in Glasgow.

angela5
25-Jan-06, 23:32
Bananas just love them i even have them in my cereal.:lol:

wilma
25-Jan-06, 23:50
I love a banana mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

wickerinca
26-Jan-06, 05:01
Bananas!!!
The frozen fruit smoothies are good though......only way I can bother eating the healthy stuff. Like it with orange juice, a bit of yoghurt and amything else that springs to mind.......honey, fresh mint, whatever.

moose and Lindsay
26-Jan-06, 10:27
I used to eat a lot of kiwi fruit, then one day my mouth swelled up and I've had an allergic reaction to them ever since.

Thats the same thing as what happens to me but with almost every fruit, apart from apples, i was at the doctors coz i was told by a pharmasist it might get worse and your throat might swell the next time, so it is pretty dangerous

so i decided it was time to go to the doctors, they gave me blood tests and they couldn't find anything, but it has got worse, i can't eat garlic, herbs, crisps,pizza, anything with spices in it, like curries etc

I started off about 10years ago when i ate a banana, that was the 1st thing, so i hope Paris u don't get as bad as me

If i eat to much of something that i don't know i'm eating, i am really ill, mouth swells up then i have a really sore stomach, then sick for at least 24hrs, it is bad!!

scotsboy
26-Jan-06, 10:43
tomatoes.........

Tymey
26-Jan-06, 11:36
Does anyone else love bruised bananas or is it just me?

krieve
26-Jan-06, 11:39
I love kiwi with ice cream yum yum