PDA

View Full Version : Barclaycard advert

TBH
14-Nov-08, 23:19
This is a great metaphor for sliding further and further into debt. Its a wild fun ride on the way down, but takes a lot more time and effort to climb back up to the top. then do it all again!
One of the comments left about the advert, what is your take on it?

joxville
14-Nov-08, 23:23
I like the advert but as for the 'debt' problem....if you can't pay it back then don't borrow it. Smacks of 'a big boy made me do it'.

wifie
14-Nov-08, 23:27
Och that is just soor grapes! Yep there is a financial mess about but that is a clever ad wi a fun tune and it is for a small amount debit card ie like using cash (I believe) so nothing whatsoever to do wi gettin into debt! [disgust] Rant over I LOVE THE TUNE - makes me all sunny and happy and in seventies mode! (Wifie goes off hummin and swingin her flares! :D)

TBH
14-Nov-08, 23:27
I like the advert but as for the 'debt' problem....if you can't pay it back then don't borrow it. Smacks of 'a big boy made me do it'.I agree but do you think the ad is misleading?

joxville
14-Nov-08, 23:34
I agree but do you think the ad is misleading?

The whole point of an advert is to inform the viewer of how empty their life is without 'x' item and that they must have it. Ad's are only misleading to those who are easily led. I don't think it's misleading.

TBH
14-Nov-08, 23:38
The whole point of an advert is to inform the viewer of how empty their life is without 'x' item and that they must have it. Ad's are only misleading to those who are easily led. I don't think it's misleading.That's my point though, you have seen through it, others may not.
It's a mixed metaphor.

wifie
14-Nov-08, 23:43
That's my point though, you have seen through it, others may not.
It's a mixed metaphor.
Is that not the point of all adverts - heck I spend half my life explaining ads to my OH - he just doesn't get them so they are wasted on him totally. BTW I am not dissin him - he is an intelligent guy! You just have to take ads for what they are clever ways of gettin you to use a particular product and it all depends how susceptible you are. Also have had a wee search for the card and it may be a credit card - suppose it must be if it is by Barclaycard! :roll: But if it is the one I think it is a travel card and small purchase card also but is contactless and that is why the guy is whizzin by on the slide.

telfordstar
15-Nov-08, 08:58
Ive not seen that on the advert but must look for t next time. what a fab advert makes me smile everytime i see it.

brandy
15-Nov-08, 09:28
ive not even seen the advert but i dont watch much tv either..

Buttercup
15-Nov-08, 21:22
Why all the analysing? :roll: It's only an advert! Made to entice you to get the product, just like all adverts. Just enjoy it ~ I love it, favourite bit is where he has to give a wee shoogle to get going again when he's going through the library. [lol]

Kodiak
15-Nov-08, 21:27
My only objection to this advert is that it was clearly made for the American Market. Can Barclaycard not afford to make a seperate advert for the UK Market?

Errogie
16-Nov-08, 12:21
The advert and the music is so great that I'd totally forgotten it was something to do with a credit card instead of a surreal, dream flying experience like something from Alice in Wonderland. And a definite reminder to try out the tube descent next time in a swimming pool.

I enjoy a good advert so much I used to record them for they never come back. Shake and vac still inadvertently returns when I pick up the hoover if only because one of our toddlers was once inspired to copy it with the entire contents of a very expensive talcum powder.

telfordstar
16-Nov-08, 14:21
Why all the analysing? :roll: It's only an advert! Made to entice you to get the product, just like all adverts. Just enjoy it ~ I love it, favourite bit is where he has to give a wee shoogle to get going again when he's going through the library. [lol]

Brilliant i didnt want to say that was my fav bit incase i was the only one :lol:

TBH
16-Nov-08, 17:53
Because I can, analyse it that is.:roll:

telfordstar
16-Nov-08, 18:23
Because I can, analyse it that is.:roll:

Good on you for having loads of time to analyse adverts.

TBH
16-Nov-08, 22:43
Good on you for having loads of time to analyse adverts.Aw shucks, that really means a lot. You sweet talking thang, you.[lol]

wifie
17-Nov-08, 00:52
Must be a good ad - we are talkin about it - therefore worth analysing. Good pick TBH!

Betty
17-Nov-08, 01:52
For those like me who don't get this ad on TV, you can watch it here -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JUKjR-5UzI
I also found another one on the making of the ad which I found quite interesting -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMNBc7EfzAY&NR=1

telfordstar
17-Nov-08, 21:48
Notice now adverts been cut not much to analyse now.

joxville
17-Nov-08, 21:50
It's the credit crunch-they canna afford to show the long version now. :D

telfordstar
17-Nov-08, 22:57
It's the credit crunch-they canna afford to show the long version now. :D

Nice one :D