PDA

View Full Version : Strictly.....fun thread.

joxville
14-Nov-08, 21:46
Silverfox was asking for a fun thread so having just watched Strictly Come Dancing on Children In Need I've come up with one.

If you could dance with someone famous who would you choose?

Even though I have two left feet I'd like to dance with Katie Melua.

wifie
14-Nov-08, 21:50
If he wasn't dead it would have to be Fred Astaire. Living I will settle for Daniel Craig but may have to fight mccaugm for that one! :)

northener
14-Nov-08, 21:52
A red-hot tango with Angelica Houston....

TBH
14-Nov-08, 21:53
I wouldna mind dancing with Eva Perón but apparently she's a bit stiff.

silverfox57
14-Nov-08, 22:00
i would have a dance with oh, as after 37 years of marriage,think its time
for a second dance,

wifie
14-Nov-08, 22:03
i would have a dance with oh, as after 37 years of marriage,think its time
for a second dance,

Aaaaaaaaaw silverfox - definitely! :)

Kodiak
14-Nov-08, 22:13
There is only one person I would pick at would be Wanda Ventham, :Razz

TBH
14-Nov-08, 22:15
There is only one person I would pick at would be Wanda Ventham, :RazzIs she quite sprightly or would you be better of dancing with her zimmer frame?

wifie
14-Nov-08, 22:24
There is only one person I would pick at would be Wanda Ventham, :Razz
Rodney's mother in law from Only Fools and Horses?

nellie
14-Nov-08, 23:00
Would not mind northerner himself:lol:http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

TBH
14-Nov-08, 23:07
Would not mind northerner himself:lol:http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon14.gifWoohooo, Nellie like Northerner, Nellie likes Northerner. Nellie and Northerner up a tree, Kay, eye, SS, eye, en, Gee.[lol]

wifie
14-Nov-08, 23:08
Would not mind northerner himself:lol:http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon14.gif

Canuck get yer hat oot again! :D

chocolatechip
14-Nov-08, 23:16
I think it would have to be Vincent or Matthew they are really good. Vincent for the latin and Matthew for the ballroom or even the only Anton Du Beke:D

nellie
14-Nov-08, 23:16
If poor northener ever found out who I am he would have a heart attack and never stop running:lol:

Kodiak
14-Nov-08, 23:47
Is she quite sprightly or would you be better of dancing with her zimmer frame?

Wanda Ventham is about as sprightly as me, we could share a Zimmer and it would be worth it. :Razz

northener
14-Nov-08, 23:49

Are we still talking about dancing here?:eek:

Anne x
14-Nov-08, 23:51
Michael Buble /Frank S / Brendan Cole /
oh" Im in heaven "singing to myself ready for
Funny farm

TBH
14-Nov-08, 23:55
Wanda Ventham is about as sprightly as me, we could share a Zimmer and it would be worth it. :RazzI have looked her up on google images, what a beautiful woman.

joxville
14-Nov-08, 23:58
/Frank S /
Frank Spencer? [lol]

TBH
15-Nov-08, 00:02
Frank Spencer? [lol]That man can sing, Jox. He is a bit of a dummy with the diy but boy can he sing.

northener
15-Nov-08, 00:03
Absolutely nothing to do with dancing, but........

There's a banner at the top of this page that says "Best Overall Provider" by the broadband company 'Plusnet'.

If they are reduced to flogging overalls, then times must be really hard in the IT sector...........

I'll get me ove.... coat.

TBH
15-Nov-08, 00:04

There's a banner at the top of this page that says "Best Overall Provider" by the broadband company 'Plusnet'.

If they are reduced to flogging overalls, then times must be really hard in the IT sector...........

I'll get me ove.... coat.Where do I sign?:confused

Anne x
15-Nov-08, 00:44
Do they sell Tails and Dancing shoes as well ?
and b 1 get 1 f Bow tie with boiler suits

wifie
15-Nov-08, 00:46

I'll get me ove.... coat.
[lol] [lol] [lol]

ciderally
15-Nov-08, 03:54
it would have to be ...Carlos Marín....i dont care if he cant dance a step..xx

bluebell
15-Nov-08, 04:13
it would have to be ...Carlos Marín....i dont care if he cant dance a step..xx
toyboy tut tut;), it would have to be Sebastien for me:lol:

Sporran
15-Nov-08, 07:40
Silverfox was asking for a fun thread so having just watched Strictly Come Dancing on Children In Need I've come up with one.

I'm sure professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy from 'Dancing with the Stars' could teach me a step or two. John Travolta and Patrick Swayze would have been great to dance with as well, in their younger days.

If Northener can't get a hold of Anjelica Huston, maybe he'll settle for a red-hot tango with me, lol! ;) I've got long dark hair like she had as Morticia in the Addams Family films, then I could put on a long, slinky black dress, and do my makeup the same way. Heck, I can even put a rose between my teeth as well, as a finishing touch! :lol:

northener
15-Nov-08, 10:03
If Northener can't get a hold of Anjelica Huston, maybe he'll settle for a red-hot tango with me, lol! ;) I've got long dark hair like she had as Morticia in the Addams Family films, then I could put on a long, slinky black dress, and do my makeup the same way. Heck, I can even put a rose between my teeth as well, as a finishing touch! :lol:

Get yer coat Sporran, ye've pulled.

anneoctober
15-Nov-08, 10:54
Lance from Nsync (dancing with the stars - stateside show)............Ooooooohhh those twinkling eyes.................:D

nellie
15-Nov-08, 16:23
:~(northerner never heed that sporran,after all im the fifth creel below the castle

emszxr
15-Nov-08, 16:50
charlie boorman as long as we got to go for a blast together after
oh and most of the male cast members out of monarch of the glen

justine
15-Nov-08, 17:56
well if i had to choose somone other than my oh it would have to be
King Julien XIII
the ring tailed lemur from the film madagascar, boy can that monkey move.[lol]

Tugmistress
15-Nov-08, 18:07
ok my tastes are wierd lol
would love a dance with Yul Brynner like Anna in 'The King & I' :confused

joxville
15-Nov-08, 20:18
ok my tastes are wierd lol
would love a dance with Yul Brynner like Anna in 'The King & I' :confused

I'm tall and bald-can I take his place? :D

oldmarine
15-Nov-08, 20:27
There's a good sense of humour in most of these postings. I got a good laugh out of them.

northener
15-Nov-08, 20:35
:~(northerner never heed that sporran,after all im the fifth creel below the castle

So is it back to your creel or mine?

Tilter
15-Nov-08, 20:39
Oh, so much choice. Going with Strictly Come Prancing, Austin Healey or Mark Ramperkash would be fine.

Tugmistress
16-Nov-08, 02:23
I'm tall and bald-can I take his place? :D

If you can dance then come whisk me away jox ;)

Sporran
16-Nov-08, 08:38
Get yer coat Sporran, ye've pulled.

I've got it on, and I'm getting ready for my trip across the Big Pond! :D

So is it back to your creel or mine?

Oi! There's something fishy going on here!!! :roll:

Will you be doing the Highland Fling or Highland Reel in your creel?!? Just make sure you save the Tango for me, Northener, and don't tire him out too much, Nellie!!

hotrod4
16-Nov-08, 09:01
I wanna dance with somebody woo somebody woo,somebody who loves me!:lol:
If I cant find them then I would dance the funky chicken with Letitia Dean. mmmmm

nellie
16-Nov-08, 09:29
Sporran beware of Karen saw her polishing a gun last night?:eek::cry:[para]

joxville
16-Nov-08, 10:50
If you can dance then come whisk me away jox ;)

I've two left feet however I have leathers and a crash helmet!

Kevin Milkins
16-Nov-08, 11:48
I think I would like to have a dance with Fatima Whitbread. I think she is great.

hotrod4
16-Nov-08, 11:54
I think I would like to have a dance with Fatima Whitbread. I think she is great.
Lucky its not Tessa Sanderson as Jim Rosenthal had a field day with her!!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1084497/ITV-sports-commentator-apologises-calling-black-athlete-Tessa-Sanderson-spear-chucker.html

At least Fatima defended him, I certainly wouldnt mess with her, have you seen her Biceps?

Kevin Milkins
16-Nov-08, 12:06
Lucky its not Tessa Sanderson as Jim Rosenthal had a field day with her!!!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1084497/ITV-sports-commentator-apologises-calling-black-athlete-Tessa-Sanderson-spear-chucker.html

At least Fatima defended him, I certainly wouldnt mess with her, have you seen her Biceps?

At least Jim said she was a great spear chucker.

I like Fatima because dispite a terrible start to life she got on with it to rise to the top.

ett23
16-Nov-08, 12:29
Going with Strictly Come Prancing

Do you know my husband? That's what he calls it aswell!! ;) But anyway it would have to be Patrick Swayze (in his dirty dancing days) or maybe the gorgeous Brian Fortuna - shame they were voted off last week, won't get to see so much of him now!! :(

northener
16-Nov-08, 13:43
Sporran beware of Karen saw her polishing a gun last night?:eek::cry:[para]

She's a bloody good shot too!

A couple of years ago I was ...er..., slightly late coming back from the SBH and luckily, the moon came out from behind the clouds just long enough for me to spot the light reflecting off the telescopic sight.

She just missed me, but next doors cat hasn't been seen since.

LMS
16-Nov-08, 15:36
Ah ha, so that's where all the cats in the village went. The poor chap with the Captain's hat was getting the blame.:lol:

northener
16-Nov-08, 16:21
Ah ha, so that's where all the cats in the village went. The poor chap with the Captain's hat was getting the blame.:lol:

It also explains why so many people in Keiss have Davy Crockett hats*

* Available in Keiss General Stores, all sizes and all colours.
Including black, white, ginger, tortoiseshell and tabby......

nellie
16-Nov-08, 16:45
She's a bloody good shot too!

A couple of years ago I was ...er..., slightly late coming back from the SBH and luckily, the moon came out from behind the clouds just long enough for me to spot the light reflecting off the telescopic sight.

She just missed me, but next doors cat hasn't been seen since.

So that explains the terrible smell in R.C.[curried puss]

Sporran
20-Nov-08, 18:34

Now that Australian actor Hugh Jackman has been named Sexiest Man Alive for 2008, it has to be him! :cool:

He is a good dancer, in fact. Just as long as he's not dressed as Wolverine, I'd be quite happy to have him as a dancing partner! :D

George Brims
20-Nov-08, 19:29
Lance from Nsync (dancing with the stars - stateside show)............Ooooooohhh those twinkling eyes.................:D
You do know he... ahem! ...plays for the other team, as it were?

George Brims
20-Nov-08, 19:31
My choice of celebrity dance partner would be Jessica Rabbit.

northener
20-Nov-08, 20:17
My choice of celebrity dance partner would be Jessica Rabbit.

http://th210.photobucket.com/albums/bb10/VampireBoo17/Sexi%20Hott%20Beasts/th_jessica_rabbit.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/image/jessica%20rabbit/VampireBoo17/Sexi%20Hott%20Beasts/jessica_rabbit.jpg?o=4)

Does it for me...................

honey
20-Nov-08, 21:15

hes my favourite!!

i wouldnt mind dancing with Max, one of the proffesional dancers from that show!!

Sporran
20-Nov-08, 23:07
I'm sure professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy from 'Dancing with the Stars' could teach me a step or two. John Travolta and Patrick Swayze would have been great to dance with as well, in their younger days.

i wouldnt mind dancing with Max, one of the proffesional dancers from that show!!

Do you mean the same one as I do, honey? Maksim, the tall Russian dancer has always been one of my faves! :D

http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancingwiththestars/index?pn=bios#t=star

As for Jessica Rabbit, she certainly looks ravishing! I'm sure a red hot tango is one of her specialties, in addition to the rabbit rumba, George and Northener! :lol:

joxville
21-Nov-08, 19:47
I wanna dance with somebody woo somebody woo,somebody who loves me!:lol:
If I cant find them then I would dance the funky chicken with Letitia Dean. mmmmm

You do surprise me Hotrod-I'd never have guessed you would have chosen L.D., maybe Liz Hurley or Angelina Jolie. Not a bad choice though.

wifie
23-Nov-08, 00:04
On that subject I forgot John Barrowman!

mccaugm
23-Nov-08, 00:07
If he wasn't dead it would have to be Fred Astaire. Living I will settle for Daniel Craig but may have to fight mccaugm for that one! :)

You read my mind...think there could be "Murder on the Dancefloor" if you tried...(joke) mind you that new presenter on Crimewatch is kinda cute too. He could cha cha cha my way as well....

anneoctober
23-Nov-08, 00:32
I am now devastated George............................:eek: