PDA

View Full Version : Arts, crafts and Christmas gifts..

Boss
14-Nov-08, 17:24
Can anyone advise? being pretty newish to the area I wondered if anyone out there would know of a place / or places where traditional hand made christmas gifts might be made?
I have searched the internet high and low for gifts made in Sutherland or Caithness and I have come up empty.
All suggestions welcome :roll:

Valerie Campbell
14-Nov-08, 17:37
There's the Balnakeil Craft Village at Durness you could try. Hope you manage to find what you're looking for.

Mizpah
14-Nov-08, 17:54
Can anyone advise? being pretty newish to the area I wondered if anyone out there would know of a place / or places where traditional hand made christmas gifts might be made?
I have searched the internet high and low for gifts made in Sutherland or Caithness and I have come up empty.
All suggestions welcome :roll:

Why not try thr craft shop in High Street Wick they always seem to have plenty on display.:lol:

viking
14-Nov-08, 19:03
There are usually Craft Fairs on in Thurso every Saturday before Christmas - used to be in the Town Hall before it was closed for renovations. I'm sure they will have relocated somewhere else for this winter. There was always a great range of gifts for sale.