PDA

View Full Version : Lost peregrine falcon

spurtle
14-Nov-08, 16:16
Trained falcon, with bell and leather straps attached lost in the Wick area. Any sightings gratefully received, and reward for safe return

Tel. 07765 302130

Many thanks

binbob
14-Nov-08, 16:48
i really hope u find ur falcon soon.

STUDMUFFIN
14-Nov-08, 16:52
If seen is there any command or procedure to bring it to?

gary.b
14-Nov-08, 19:25
If you spot the bird, please don't attempt to call it, trap or catch it, just phone Spurtle with it's location.

anneoctober
14-Nov-08, 20:50
Will the falcon survive in this cold weather?

buggyracer
14-Nov-08, 21:12
does it have telemetry on?

if so what channel, and ill make sure i have mine on incase i can track it?

good luck, and yes it will survive the weather, they are found in the wild here, also im sure you will know this but look out for crows mobbing something as it will more than likely be it, crows are your friend right now :)

anneoctober
14-Nov-08, 21:17
does it have telemetry on?

if so what channel, and ill make sure i have mine on incase i can track it?

good luck, and yes it will survive the weather, they are found in the wild here, also im sure you will know this but look out for crows mobbing something as it will more than likely be it, crows are your friend right now :)
I'm at other side o county, so dont think I'll see the falcon BUT will watch the crows in e field choost incase ! I wondered if it had got stuck by its leather straps, what might happen - I suppose I can work that out now that I know about the "crow" scenario. Hope you find him/her soon.

dafi
15-Nov-08, 22:10
Any luck today. have you recovered your bird?

porshiepoo
16-Nov-08, 12:05
Hope you get your Falcon back. Don't lose hope, we had an Eagle Owl escapee a couple of years ago and 6 weeks later the local bobby found him and thanks to the SSPCA was able to capture him and contact us.
My daughters Hawk got mobbed by crows and gulls only a few months ago but luckily she didn't go far and managed to get herself back to the land where she flew straight to my daughter - albeit a few days later.

Hopefully your bird hasn't gone too far.
Good luck!

spurtle
17-Nov-08, 12:39
Thanks to you all expressing sympathy/concern, and those who rang. Still not found - will keep updating
Last seen Ackergill area
Thanks

Liz
17-Nov-08, 13:54
So sorry that your falcon is still missing.:(

I quite often walk down past Ackergill tower so will keep a look out.

Kevin Milkins
17-Nov-08, 14:40
We have just returned from Reiss beach and watched 2 crows mobbing what we thought was a Kestrel,but as it came below the skyline we could see it was the wrong colour.
It may have been a Sparrow Hawk but it looked to big.
It was over the dunes between Akergill Tower and the golf club.
I did give you a ring but got no answear.
Regards KM

buggyracer
17-Nov-08, 16:36
We have just returned from Reiss beach and watched 2 crows mobbing what we thought was a Kestrel,but as it came below the skyline we could see it was the wrong colour.
It may have been a Sparrow Hawk but it looked to big.
It was over the dunes between Akergill Tower and the golf club.
I did give you a ring but got no answear.
Regards KM

sounds very likely it will be the missing bird.

skinnydog
19-Nov-08, 14:24
Have you managed to get it back yet?

Nibbler
07-Dec-08, 12:19
Any luck in finding your lost peregrine Spurtle??

I have been keeping my eyes open in case but nothing spotted.

Just wanted to check if you have it back yet. Please let us know.

Cheers