PDA

View Full Version : Caithness slate house sign

bamboo
14-Nov-08, 14:17
Does anyone know where i can get a sign made in slate or who would be able to make me one? I would like to get one as a present for my mother in law for her new home. Thanks .:)

poppett
14-Nov-08, 14:27
Try the Quarry at Spittal, or enquire at Serendipity in Thurso perhaps?

skinnydog
14-Nov-08, 14:29
You could also try the man in Wick who does gravestones/gravestone engraving. I got mine from there but I can't for the life of me remember what the name is, it is in a tiny wee place down beside the swimming pool area. No doubt someone will know exactly who I mean. He was really quick and really reasonable.

pat
14-Nov-08, 14:39
Macdonald is the man you mean - Monumental Sculptors I think - straight over Service Bridge then I think it was on second corner on the left. Very helpful family business.

Macwull
14-Nov-08, 17:42
W MacDonald Sculptor
I'm afraid he has retired, Jocky Sutherland, caithness stone industries at spittal has taken over the business.

johndy
14-Nov-08, 18:07
Try Willie Bain up beside ashley ann in Wick, have seen some of the work he puts on caithness stone, its what you have described you are looking for.

silversurfer
14-Nov-08, 18:14
I have heard that Caithness Stone Industries at Spittal have a fancy piece of equipment that can scan photos etc and uses a water jetting technique to produce signs etc

Sunflower
14-Nov-08, 23:53
Hi, Caithness Stone Industries also have a website:

http://www.caithnessstoneindustries.com/

:D

bobbyjoeufb
15-Nov-08, 22:01
Could Try John Hood and Sons, Monumental Scupltors In THURSO or WICK.

embow
15-Nov-08, 22:09
Your best bet is David Mackay, Parkside, Lybster. He runs a business just doing the very thing you are looking for. I don't know what the charges will be but give him a phone for a quote.

Electric blue
16-Nov-08, 18:34
Does anyone know where i can get a sign made in slate or who would be able to make me one? I would like to get one as a present for my mother in law for her new home. Thanks .:)

Aye Caithness stone can laser it onto stone i saw a lovely photo they have done looked smashing

Dog-eared
17-Nov-08, 15:10
Hoods Memorials in Wick - corner of Thurso Road and the railway road.
They do engraving, pictures on stone, scanned designs drawn by yourself , etc.

Skerries
17-Nov-08, 18:37
We got ours done by Sutherland Stoneworks in Golspie, who got the slate from A&D Sutherland's quarry in Spittal. They did a great job! :D

router
17-Nov-08, 20:36
Hi, Caithness Stone Industries also have a website:

http://www.caithnessstoneindustries.com/

:D

second this J sutherland turns out some lovely stone,

bamboo
19-Nov-08, 10:49
Thankyou everyone for all your help. I shall investigate all these avenues now ! Cheers x